• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Any idea which option toggles the graphical options for the Pro? Can't work out a single thing in these options.

Go to options menu then it's the one at the bottom underneath HDR. In there first option is PRO, second is lightweight mode (normal mode), third option is set to default.

How do you change the time from day to night? I went to a camp and it looked like a clock popped up, but I didn't see anyway to change it.

I don't think there's a way to do that in the demo. You have to wait around until night falls.

benzy

The close camera is virtually unplayable for 90% of the game's situations.

Works fine for me, even with the multiple dog enemies.

It looks really cool, I wonder how it'll deal with large groups of enemies, though.

But I do think the normal camera goes further back when necessary, so it's probably not exclusive to that mode.

If you're still playing the demo, any chance you could capture screenshots of the three camera modes in the same battle? It's ok if you don't feel like it, it's probably a pain in the ass to do it :p

I finally had some time so here are the comparison pics.

closest
rnalbq.png

medium
ochjlt.png

farthest
nnkqyu.png

Gbraga

Oh wow, the distance from Closest to Medium is bigger than I imagined. I'll definitely try closest first to see if it works out for me.

Thank you for this!

benzy

Oh wow, the distance from Closest to Medium is bigger than I imagined. I'll definitely try closest first to see if it works out for me.

Thank you for this!

Yup.

When fighting multiple enemies I pretty much dodge roll all the time to avoid getting hit, similar to Ninja Gaiden. It works pretty well, then you can hard lock-on and auto warp strike to an enemy off-screen instead of having to pan the camera around looking for where enemies are.

oknsvi.gif

benzy

Cool gif as always, benzy. :)
Where exactly in the demo do I switch the battle camera?

Start/Options Button menu:

1) Resume game
2) Save
3) Load
4) Options
5) Tutorials
6) Back to Title

From within the Options (settings) screen:

1) Language settings (grey/inaccessible)
2) Difficulty (grey/inaccessible)
3) Battle mode selection (grey/inaccessible)
4) Audio settings
5) Subtitle settings (on/off only, option to adjust for cinematic and in-game subtitles)
6) Brightness settings
7) Control/button options (can select default [A], or Duscae controls).
8) Camera settings (first option is closest, middle is medium, last is farthest out).
9) Map settings
10) Controller vibration on/off
11) Control/button help on/off
12) HUD on/off
13) ST gauge display
14) Tips on/off
15) HDR settings
16) Image Quality settings
(top option is high resolution quality, second option is "lightweight", bottom is "reset to default settings")

piggychan

few more gifs of the xbone version.

XHflwuZ.gif

1hc49iq.gif

EDIT
8GSU9H1.gif

I just realized with the real time battles, large monster fights and food eating that give you stat boosts, it reminds me of a monster hunter game.

JP

I played the other two demoes a while back but I've completely avoided this to not spoil anything but was wondering if completeing this, or any of the two demoes unlock in game items in the full game as happened in World of Final Fantasy?

I've not seen anything stating it does but as I said I've been been avoiding the game to go into it as fresh as possible but I would be tempted to complete this if it did unlock content.

Thanks. :)

I played the other two demoes a while back but I've completely avoided this to not spoil anything but was wondering if completeing this, or any of the two demoes unlock in game items in the full game as happened in World of Final Fantasy?

I've not seen anything stating it does but as I said I've been been avoiding the game to go into it as fresh as possible but I would be tempted to complete this if it did unlock content.

Thanks. :)

I think beating the Platinum demo gets you Carbuncle but that's the only one I remember.

JP

Thanks,

After you both replied slightly differently I searched online to check, it does appear to just be renaming Carbuncle. I didn't do that in the demo as I tend to just go with the default names in games like this.

So, I'm stuck waiting till Christmas to play the final game (I made the mistake of listening to the anti-hype around this game and assuming I wouldn't like it very much, but being a huge FF fan knowing I'd get it anyways, so I let my wife get it for me for Christmas) and thus playing the heck out of the demo still currently... a few questions for anyone that knows...

#1: Is there an HDR option for the XBO S? I can't seem to find one...

#2: I see videos of people breaking out of bounds exploring duscae and what now, but I can't seem to find a guide or a video actually showing the exploit to get OoB. Anyone have any better luck on finding such a guide or video?

Only 3ish weeks to go... <_< Guess I'll play more pokemon moon in the mean time.

ResoRai

Hey anyone else having problem with the Anolog sticks not working in the demo? On XB1. Only D-pad, and face buttons work. Tried reinstalling didn't fix it.

Edit: Nvm, Started working after I dodged in the tutorial. Weird.

Top Bottom