• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Judgment Disc demo out now on JPSN & JP Xbox Store

Aters

Poorly written story.
Poorly written characters.
It's not the Witcher 3.
Bad graphics.
Conan doesn't like it.
I haven't been interested in a Final Fantasy since (choose a game).
JRPGs used to be better.

Pick one of the above.

Cindy. You know it will always come down to Cindy.

I don't know. I don't really associate "strong" characters with physical prowess. Luna seems to have an immense determination. I have never seen her sobbing or feeling insecure (Like Yuna does at one point during FFX, and she has to be comforted by the male main character).

Luna seems like someone who simply does what she thinks its right, and basically nothing can stop her. She's not sobbing or feeling bad about her fortune, or going angsty. I perceive a pretty big strength from her character.

I hope she delivers.
Hmm, then I guess we have different definitions of the word strong and what it should entail, which is cool. I just personally would call what you described as a "determined" person rather than strong. Being determined is good especially in real life, but when it comes to video games and JRPGs in particular I've seen so many character being associated to that attribute that I can't help but feel, that it makes Luna's character a lot less unique, than XV wants her to be. (And it doesn't help that the majority of those "determined" characters in other JRPGs just become annoying after a while)

At any rate, I hope that I'm wrong and the full game manages to portray Luna as a strong and likeable character.

Poorly written story.
Poorly written characters.
It's not the Witcher 3.
Bad graphics.
Conan doesn't like it.
I haven't been interested in a Final Fantasy since (choose a game).
JRPGs used to be better.

Pick one of the above.

I mean, FFXV isn't Witcher 3. Witcher 3 is a game that not only Conan likes but harkens back to the days when JRPGs were good and could evoke a true sense of wonder from you. It's got fantastic graphics and the hair isn't a dithered mess like FFXVs. The characters are written nicely and theres absolutely no sexualization in the game.

What little interest I had in Final Fantasy due to the goodwill of 7, TW3 destroyed.

Did I get em all captain?

Hmm, then I guess we have different definitions of the word strong and what it should entail, which is cool. I just personally would call what you described as a "determined" person rather than strong. Being determined is good especially in real life, but when it comes to video games and JRPGs in particular I've seen so many character being associated to that attribute that I can't help but feel, that it makes Luna's character a lot less unique, than XV wants her to be. (And it doesn't help that the majority of those "determined" characters in other JRPGs just become annoying after a while)

At any rate, I hope that I'm wrong and the full game manages to portray Luna as a strong and likeable character.
I'm glad Luna's not an action girl, really tired of those. On the other hand, video games and media in general could use more politically or financially powerful female characters that significantly influence society and businesses.

I'm glad Luna's not an action girl, really tired of those. On the other hand, video games and media in general could use more politically or financially powerful female characters that significantly influence society and businesses.

Agreed - my hope with Luna when they announced her as an oracle was that she'd wield a lot of political clout. At least per Kingslgaive, that's really not the character. Seems more like a martyr than a power player.

Aters

Agreed! So tired of woman fight like man No.697. Really lazy design.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Fellows and fellowettes, it's been an incredible journey and I'm honored to have spent some of it with you, but with the release date broken I think 'tis time I skedaddle. After a decade -- that's a seventh of my total lifespan, if I'm lucky! -- I really think I'd rather go in with a fresh mind, blissfully unaware of how great or dreadful or anywhere-in-between this may be.

Many of you do not know me but I figured I'd do the farewell thing anyway. I wish everyone the best Final Fantasy XV they can imagine and I look forward to discussing it with you for better or for worse several weeks down the road [trip].

'Til then, I say: so long, kupo!

Fellows and fellowettes, it's been an incredible journey and I'm honored to have spent some of it with you, but with the release date broken I think 'tis time I skedaddle. After a decade -- that's a seventh of my total lifespan, if I'm lucky! -- I really think I'd rather go in with a fresh mind, blissfully unaware of how great or dreadful or anywhere-in-between this may be.

Many of you do not know me but I figured I'd do the farewell thing anyway. I wish everyone the best Final Fantasy XV they can imagine and I look forward to discussing it with you for better or for worse several weeks down the road [trip].

'Til then, I say: so long, kupo!

You're good people JZ - see you down the road!

Not surprised, but still nice to hear.

I haven't seen a lot of them though, I've seen only three between Hammerhead and galdin (counting the cat one), so I'm not expecting high number of them. Still, I'm going to do every fucking hunt because I fucking love the battle and enemy design in this game.

Agreed - my hope with Luna when they announced her as an oracle was that she'd wield a lot of political clout. At least per Kingslgaive, that's really not the character. Seems more like a martyr than a power player.
Agreed! So tired of woman fight like man No.697. Really lazy design.
I don't really want her to be an action girl mind you. Just having enough power to not become a constant punch bag and/or damsel in distress (not saying that she is right now. Just hoping that she won't be like that in final game) would be enough for me.

But it seems like I'm in the minority here.

I have a question and was not sure where to ask so ill try here. Me and my friends are interested in buying this game, but we've kinda put ourselves on blackout when it comes to most info. Our question is, which version of FF15 do we need to get? we are kinda confused as to which one is the best package for a full experience. Like, which ones bring the character season pass or any other additional things that seem worth it or must haves.

jiggle

CxdGFexVQAATVUJ

New key visual
I hope the final game approaches this
And they are just showing that empty landscape endlessly Cuz iono why

I haven't seen a lot of them though, I've seen only three between Hammerhead and galdin (counting the cat one), so I'm not expecting high number of them. Still, I'm going to do every fucking hunt because I fucking love the battle and enemy design in this game.

Interesting. I was starting to wonder where the cat was when playing the demo and thought that it might have to do with it possibly only appearing at a specific time. Of course it was present in the preview build I played last week on a german FFXV event.

OrionX

I don't really want her to be an action girl mind you. Just having enough power to not become a constant punch bag and/or damsel in distress (not saying that she is right now. Just hoping that she won't be like that in final game) would be enough for me.

But it seems like I'm in the minority here.

I agree. I'm not saying she's a weak character if she can't kick some ass, but I would be disappointed if she just gets shoved around and used by other characters throughout the game. I'm hopeful that there'll be more to her than that though.

I have a question and was not sure where to ask so ill try here. Me and my friends are interested in buying this game, but we've kinda put ourselves on blackout when it comes to most info. Our question is, which version of FF15 do we need to get? we are kinda confused as to which one is the best package for a full experience. Like, which ones bring the character season pass or any other additional things that seem worth it or must haves.

Not sure if any version comes with the season's pass included aside from digital premium addition that has the cost of the season pass factored into it.

You should be able to buy the day one edition and a season's pass at the same time though.

jett

D-Member
lol, the lip-syncing is region-locked, doesn't change when you change languages. If I get this game, I guess I'll just be playing in English.

edit: eh maybe not

What do you mean by "region-locked"?
The game is lip-synched to the english and japanese dub.
And the other languages are using the english lip flaps, I think?

artsi

lol, the lip-syncing is region-locked, doesn't change when you change languages. If I get this game, I guess I'll just be playing in English.

What makes you think that? The dude streaming is playing the western version in Japanese and it clearly has Japanese lip syncing.

The big monsters I've seen have been sweet - love all the special attack animations and effects.

LotusHD

Banned

Preach. I'm not nearly as pressed now for XV to have quality sidequests (i.e. Witcher 3) when I'm having a blast just simply running around killing these beautifully designed monsters.

I agree. I'm not saying she's a weak character if she can't kick some ass, but I would be disappointed if she just gets shoved around and used by other characters throughout the game. I'm hopeful that there'll be more to her than that though.

Yeah exactly. I just don't want her to feel like she is a burden. That's all.

Listonosh

Look at these.

Sword

Spear

o_O Holy crap! I had no idea there was that much variety to the moves!

Day one patch is apparently 7GB.

I'm confused about this. I thought the whole reason for the delay was to put the Day One patch ONTO the disc. That was literally Tabata's reasoning, for people who wouldn't have the opportunity to download a patch on day one. Why is there still a 7GB patch to download?

Gbraga

I'm confused about this. I thought the whole reason for the delay was to put the Day One patch ONTO the disc. That was literally Tabata's reasoning, for people who wouldn't have the opportunity to download a patch on day one. Why is there still a 7GB patch to download?

The idea is that if you can't download this patch (or just don't want to), you'll still have a high quality game to play. But if you can, it'll be even better. If they didn't delay the game, it would be kind of a disaster without the patch. You wouldn't be just missing on some things, it would be straight up a much worse game.

Did anyone ever find a fix for PSN download speed going to shit at random?

Downloading the demo on PS4 Pro and it just decided to slow down so it'll now take me 9 hours to download less than 1GB.

And I thought my 5 hours long demo download was bad. ;)

Yeah, it really sucks having it go well till it gets stuck at the last 5-10%.

Yeah, it helped me for quite a while, until it stopped making a difference for some reason.

Gotta love PSN <3

Goddamn, at least I have a back up trick to use on launch day in case it acts up again. If even that doesn't work I should be fine playing while it downloads I think.

Yeah, I was just about to suggest that. Using a proxy help a lot with PSN's download speed.

I almost exclusively buy my games digitally now and I always download them with PC using a proxy and then transfer them to PS4. It's much faster this way.

You can download PSN stuff on PC?

Demoskinos

I mean, FFXV isn't Witcher 3. Witcher 3 is a game that not only Conan likes but harkens back to the days when JRPGs were good and could evoke a true sense of wonder from you. It's got fantastic graphics and the hair isn't a dithered mess like FFXVs. The characters are written nicely and theres absolutely no sexualization in the game.

What little interest I had in Final Fantasy due to the goodwill of 7, TW3 destroyed.

Did I get em all captain?

JRPGs are still good. And also zero sexualization in The Witcher? Please.

Listonosh

The idea is that if you can't download this patch (or just don't want to), you'll still have a high quality game to play. But if you can, it'll be even better. If they didn't delay the game, it would be kind of a disaster without the patch. You wouldn't be just missing on some things, it would be straight up a much worse game.

holy shit, that different??? So would the Judgment Disc demo be closer to the patched game, or the unpatched?

Ploid 3.0

How to manually control the car? Watching a streamer that wrecked into a railing. I thought the car could only be auto driven.

Gbraga

holy shit, that different??? So would the Judgment Disc demo be closer to the patched game, or the unpatched?

Closer to the patched game, for sure.

Not only when it comes to visuals and performance, even things like having awkward pauses between lines of dialogue, it would be a very different experience.

How to manually control the car? Watching a streamer that wrecked into a railing. I thought the car could only be auto driven.

I think you unlock that option a couple of hours into the game or something like that. Unless you're driving at night, then it's manual from the moment you start the game, since only Noctis drives at night.

Solid Sora! Welcome to GAF man!

Remember we talked online on PSN once with DmCK!

Ah, hey man. forgot this was your account.

Thanks, the account took forever to get activated, but it'll be - hopefully - worth it when the full game is released!

The OT is gonna be a disaster isn't it?

Top Bottom