• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV SPOILER THREAD

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/358194315#p358196940

MS4JMwQ.png

>10 above 7

Awful opinion, all non-screenshot info disregarded.

Yup.

And 7 and 10 are > 6 and 9

Burbeting

Banned
Not having a team to work with will do that.

If we assume Nomura wanted to make a trilogy, it's possible that the higher-ups with Square opposed him on that. To be honest, I usually want FF-mainline games to be one-and-done deals, which is why I usually don't consider their sequels to be canon. So a single game is not bad for me, but it's a shame if it was part of what cost Nomura being able to direct the game.

Ludens

Banned
What I want to know:

-is there a trophy related to a difficulty setting?
-are there bosses related to a difficulty setting?
-can you keep playing when the plot is over completing missions you left?

Sorry not a complete everything is fixed happy ending! I meant it in more of a bittersweet one. Like what you said! Like "we'll this sucks the world is in ruins but hey at least we have each other!"

Kind of like
the ending to Skyward Sword.

Oh, yeah. I also have a mini theory that instead of Noctis going into some chrysalis state within the crystal he will give up his spot to Luna to heal her, being some weird inverse of the leading lady sacrificing herself to save the main character. I don't know what the point would be though :p

I like that they are giving Luna and Noctis an actual relationship though, with a history of friendship together etc rather than "Arranged stuff. forced feelings. etc".

yunbuns

What I want to know:

I might be wrong but I don't think FF games have ever had trophies based on completing the game on a specific difficulty level so you should be fine. I'm not sure about the second question. Most FF games have a point of no return where you can save and go back to do things if that's what you mean.

Oh, yeah. I also have a mini theory that instead of Noctis going into some chrysalis state within the crystal he will give up his spot to Luna to heal her, being some weird inverse of the leading lady sacrificing herself to save the main character. I don't know what the point would be though :p

I like that they are giving Luna and Noctis an actual relationship though, with a history of friendship together etc rather than "Arranged stuff. forced feelings. etc".

I think that would be really interesting especially now that it seems to be unclear that she's dead. (If you don't see the body....). I also like their relationship too!

Ludens

Banned
I might be wrong but I don't think FF games have ever had trophies based on completing the game on a specific difficulty level so you should be fine. I'm not sure about the second question. Most FF games have a point of no return where you can save and go back to do things if that's what you mean.

They had, at least I remember in FFXIII there were trophies for defeating a specific boss in a specific difficulty setting.

jimmypython

SO based on what I have seen,

enemies don't respond to your hit whatsoever and the only way to know you are doing something is through their HP metre. Also, what's with their infinite stamina?

Every single polygon numbered FF game has done well in those departments, turn based or not. Also real time action based battle doesn't mean enemies have no cool down time.

I hope im wrong.

What I want to know:

1. I don't think we know, even from the trophy list. A bunch of them are hidden
2. -shrug- dont' see why they would be
3. Considering you can supposedly/definetley go back to pre "time skip" to do content like in FF13 where you beat Orphan yet can do new stuff, I would assume so.

Awful treatment of female characters (tropes, fridging)... rehashing of old plot moments (baddie kills good guys love interest to spur story)... rather meh story overall, I mean, what is there to like?

Isn't fridging supposed to be when a female character is purely killed to serve as some catalyst for a male character, as opposed to an actual...development in the plot, i guess. Or is it how it typically seems to happen to female characters vs male? I'm genuinely a little confused on it.

And can't people like elements of it, like the world or some lore or just looking forward to the visuals of scenes? I'm not sure rehashing of old plot moments is necessarily fair, or at least unique to FFXV, since its not as if any FF story is free of any tropes already done by other works of fiction. That's not to excuse it, just to say it feels...weird :/

Phaezyk

enemies don't respond to your hit whatsoever and the only way to know you are doing something is through their HP metre. Also, what's with their infinite stamina?

Every single polygon number FF game has done well in those departments, turn based or not. Also real time action based battle doesn't mean enemies have no cool down time.

Depending on the situation enemies can be toppled by strong attacks; You can also break parts of certain enemies.

I think that would be really interesting especially now that it seems to be unclear that she's dead. (If you don't see the body....). I also like their relationship too!

After how many times FFIV pulled a switcheroo with death (I like the game a lot but the false peril made it feel hollow in a way, by the end) I would not be surprised. As others have said though, Tabata likes to kill characters off in his games.

Every single polygon number FF game has done well in those departments, turn based or not. Also real time action based battle doesn't mean enemies have no cool down time.

Do you mean that enemies seem to basically attack forever? That wasn't my experience in any of the demo versions i have played, but i haven't watched much of the main game.

Aters

This game and MGSV are going to be the pillars of how to not handle gender or female characters in gaming

Huh? Luna is not Quiet. We have yet to see what's the context of her death. Also I don't even want to read an analyse when the writer already set his mind before even playing the game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think Stella dead would be emotional like Romeo and Juliet like emotional

I don't think we'll ever know about Versus or what Nomura wanted to do with his version of 15, so i think we should just drop it at this point...the game comes out in..10 days. We will see what FF15 by Tabata really holds for us.

I just hope that some of the information coming out is misinterpreted or proven false by later events or the nuance of things.

Akainu

If we assume Nomura wanted to make a trilogy, it's possible that the higher-ups with Square opposed him on that. To be honest, I usually want FF-mainline games to be one-and-done deals, which is why I usually don't consider their sequels to be canon. So a single game is not bad for me, but it's a shame if it was part of what cost Nomura being able to direct the game.

It was spin off so it really shouldn't have mattered.

Boke1879

Awful treatment of female characters (tropes, fridging)... rehashing of old plot moments (baddie kills good guys love interest to spur story)... rather meh story overall, I mean, what is there to like?

The treatment of the female characters are an issue, but everything else in regards to the leaks aren't really good or bad. Especially without context. And these games aren't harbingers of great story telling

The only thing really damning about the original leak was the leaker talking about the performance issues with the game. Which largely seems to have been fixed.

Isn't fridging supposed to be when a female character is purely killed to serve as some catalyst for a male character, as opposed to an actual...development in the plot, i guess. Or is it how it typically seems to happen to female characters vs male? I'm genuinely a little confused on it.

Yes - its essentially when the story is moved forward or the male lead is spurred into action by the sacrifice (and/or kidnapping) of his "love" and/or the trophy female.

This on top of Cid, on top of no playable female characters, on top of the bro-metal cast, on top of the TV-tier story. People are honna be annoyed at minimum.

15 pages and the only spoiler is a characted doomed to die from the first time we saw her...actually dies?

People vainly hoped this game wouldn't faceplant into the same tropes and style that plays into countless things... from Shakespeare to Mario, etc... its been done in countless forms and is just sad at this point.

Maybe Luna isn't dead? Did the streamer come across the cutscene between her and her brother? Plus, the English VA for Luna says there were some action scenes towards the end.

yunbuns

Huh? Luna is not Quiet. We have yet to see what's the context of her death. Also I don't even want to read an analyse when the writer already set his mind before even playing the game.

They're probably referring to Cidney as well which I think is a valid complaint but otherwise I agree with you.

RRockman

Banned
I was really hoping for EVERYONE to die, to get picked off one by one towards the end. Leaving Noctis to be the lonely king, and the whole story a frame story: Noctis was acttually telling the story to his son the whole time. He then Sheds a single manly tear when finished.

but I guess that would be cliche.

Aters

Yes - its essentially when the story is moved forward or the male lead is spurred into action by the sacrifice (and/or kidnapping) of his "love" and/or the trophy female.

This on top of Cid, on top of no playable female characters, on top of the bro-metal cast, on top of the TV-tier story. People are honna be annoyed at minimum.

All this plays into countless things... from Shakespeare to Mario, etc... its been done in countless forms and is just sad at this point.

You mean the trope is bad or it has been overused?

People vainly hoped this game wouldn't faceplant into the same tropes and style that plays into countless things... from Shakespeare to Mario, etc... its been done in countless forms and is just sad at this point.

Ah, ok. Thank you for elaborating on that.

Kazuhira

Randomly appearing summons is kinda dissapointing imo.
I know they are kinda op but they could've balanced this or add some high requirements for summoning.

Nudull

Banned
So from what I'm hearing so far, this may actually turn out MORE eyeroll-inducing than XIII?

I didn't think that would even be possible.

gosoxtim

So from what I'm hearing so far, this may actually turn out MORE eyeroll-inducing than XIII?

oh wow what mess this and this game was to hyping with the marketing god i hope kh3 isnt like this type of marketing

I'm still confounded by the hate for XIII.

It had a great battle system, music, intricate (if confusing as hell) story, character development to a degree, and half the characters were good (Fang, Sazh, Lightning).

FFXV could easily turn out better, but right now it is clear that it all but ignores female characters, a diverse cast, has arguably equal or worse dialogue than XIII, wonky combat, and falls right into many gendered tropes right off the bat.

And to boot, the story is a big pile of "meh" from how its shaping up.

I don't think that opinion is blasphemous at all - the hate for XIII and the hope/hype for XV are blinding some people here, I think.

People should chill on the hyperbole and bashing XIII cause XV isn't looking like a spring chicken either, and shitting on either game is gonna turn this thread into a fanboy war.

Isn't the sleeping prince visited by a goddess concept part of real life mythology and the foundation of ffxv's lore? I thought people were excited by such a notion after watching that lore speculation video.

Aters

I'm still confounded by the hate for XIII.

It had a great battle system, music, intricate (if confusing as hell) story, character development to a degree, and half the characters were good (Fang, Sazh, Lightning).

FFXV could easily turn out better, but right now it is clear that it all but ignores female characters, a diverse cast, has arguably equal or worse dialogue than XIII, wonky combat, and falls right into many gendered tropes right off the bat.

And to boot, the story is a big pile of "meh" from how its shaping up.

I don't think that opinion is blasphemous at all - the hate for XIII and the hope/hype for XV are blinding some people here, I think.

Maybe, just maybe, people are happy because they are exploring a big map in FFXV instead of running in corridors for 30 hours?

I mean it's a shame the game doesn't have more female characters, Luna dead or not, but it doesn't bother me that much in a videogame. As long as it's fun to play, I'm good. While I did have some fond memory of FFXIII, overall the game is bad from a game design perspective.

Top Bottom