• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XV World Map

wmlk

It looks like there's not much use for a vehicle to traverse water bodies in this game. Everything is deliberately connected to be travelled by car.

There are some islands at the upper-right from the first picture, but those seem to be like optional, end-game areas. Seems like something you can reach by airship.

EDIT: I was probably wrong about that actually.

ib0r8zp3S6t3lQ.jpg

It seems like the entrance to Accordo is from the left side of the map. There's no land connected to Accordo at all from this side.

And Accordo has some sort of water bridge type of transport, only allowing boats, so that might be the type of entry. It'd be nice if you were able to get it at a coastal town.

Bazztek

Banned
It seems like the entrance to Accordo is from the left side of the map. There's no land connected to Accordo at all from this side.

And Accordo has some sort of water bridge type of transport, only allowing boats, so that might be the type of entry. It'd be nice if you were able to get it at a coastal town.

Actually I think the entrance is the opposite side, there is that land cliff protruding a bit inwards to the right of the CGI image of Accordo which falls in line with that protrusion on the map which would be on the top of that map, which would make the entrance the side facing the right, it also might make more sense this way because in the distance of the Accordo CGI you can see it's very flat and there is no hills or cliffs,it's open water, if the entrance was from the left open water side then in the CGI shot we should be seeing some land all around the back, but it's all flat just like the open water side towards the left of the map.

Also on the right side you can sort of make out a credence shape in the shape of the frontmost waterfall with that structure too.

So that water bridge would be coming out from a part of land on the right and connecting to that structure, and being a bridge it also makes more sense to be like that.

Of course I could be wrong.

wmlk

Actually I think the entrance is the opposite side, there is that land cliff protruding a bit inwards to the right of the CGI image of Accordo which falls in line with that protrusion on the map which would be on the top of that map, which would make the entrance the side facing the right, it also might make more sense this way because in the distance of the Accordo CGI you can see it's very flat and there is no hills or cliffs,it's open water, if the entrance was from the left open water side then in the CGI shot we should be seeing some land all around the back, but it's all flat just like the open water side towards the left of the map.

Also on the right side you can sort of make out a credence shape in the shape of the frontmost waterfall with that structure too.

So that water bridge would be coming out from a part of land on the right and connecting to that structure, and being a bridge it also makes more sense to be like that.

Of course I could be wrong.

Yeah I was thinking about that, but from the footage we've seen, there are airships coming from the left in the TGS 2014 trailer and boats coming from the left in the E3 2013 trailer.

It would also serve as an event in the story where it makes sense to get a boat for traversal.

The curved structure on the left seems pretty important and it would make sense for it to be an entrance.

The only thing that makes me apprehensive is the weird bridge-like thing jutting out from the right as you said.

sappyday

It'd be amazing that you have to scale a mountain to go to Accordo and once you reach the top of it the game gives you an amazing view of it.

It'd be amazing that you have to scale a mountain to go to Accordo and once you reach the top of it the game gives you an amazing view of it.

I don't know which one of these things I want to happen

Famassu

Do you ever take a break from this?
If you don't have anything to add, then kindly just keep yourself out of it, instead of your snide childish BS. That was a relatively short post of why I don't think FFXV is some OMGZOMGWTFBBQ super-mega-duber-über-ultra expensive project that needs to sell 40 million copies to be even near of being profitable for SQEX.

If my posts are that hard to read, then put me on ignore. At least I don't have to read your inane whining.

I look forward to exploring every nook and cranny of this world. Looking forward to playing some of the Duscae Region come March. Should be exciting!!

OmegaDL50

Is this game going to use 2+ Blu-Ray Discs? Seeming like it may based on the size of the game.

Just because the game world is large doesn't mean anything. How large or big a games world doesn't matter much in the terms of file size.

However things like uncompressed audio or textures, or high res cgi renders / fmv is what takes the largest amount of space on a game disc.

If the world size of a game equated to file size then games like Just Cause 2 or Skyrim wouldn't be under 7GB. Just the same a game like Killzone 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4 which have very little exploration involved, wouldn't be the 30 or so GB they require. Just something to keep in mind.

Just because the game world is large doesn't mean anything. How large or big a games world doesn't matter much in the terms of file size.

However things like uncompressed audio or textures, or high res cgi renders / fmv is what takes the largest amount of space on a game disc.

If the world size of a game equated to file size then games like Just Cause 2 or Skyrim wouldn't be under 7GB. Just the same a game like Killzone 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4 which have very little exploration involved, wouldn't be the 30 or so GB they require. Just something to keep in mind.

I know, but Square-Enix has a fascination with using a lot of Pre-Rendered CGI cut-scenes. So the size of the world could be indicative of the physical size of the game. And as you said, uncompressed audio uses a lot of space as well. It really wouldn't surprise me if Square-Enix were the first to use multiple Blu-Ray Discs for a game.

wmlk

I know, but Square-Enix has a fascination with using a lot of Pre-Rendered CGI cut-scenes. So the size of the world could be indicative of the physical size of the game. And as you said, uncompressed audio uses a lot of space as well. It really wouldn't surprise me if Square-Enix were the first to use multiple Blu-Ray Discs for a game.

If the game does well, that would be a selling point in and of itself.

I remember how big of a deal it still is for some PS1 games to span multiple discs.

OmegaDL50

This is still unlikely because most of the more recent SE games use a mixture of in-game cutscenes and CGI for special scenes. Even so, we are talking about a game that was initially in the planning stages and developed on the PS3 (meaning PS3-level assets) with some of the content likely being refined for the PS4 and XB1.

Square isn't going to release a game on multiple discs and raise their manufacturing costs without a justifiable reason. They are only going to do so if the game necessitates the need to, factoring what compression scheme they utilize for whatever assets they can compress without a noticeable degradation of quality.

If they can't keep FFXV under the 50GB maximum of the BD-Rom format, then only then at that point do I realistically see them actually requiring more than one disc.

EDIT: in retrospect, considering the size and installation requirements of PS4 and XB1 games at launch, I am very surprised Sony didn't opt to use a BDXL Drive rather than a standard BD-Rom drive. If only for the advantages that BDXL having a capacity of 128GB per disc.

wmlk

This is still unlikely because most of the more recent SE games use a mixture of in-game cutscenes and CGI for special scenes. Even so, we are talking about a game that was initially in the planning stages and developed on the PS3 (meaning PS3-level assets) with some of the content likely being refined for the PS4 and XB1.

Square isn't going to release a game on multiple discs and raise their manufacturing costs without a justifiable reason. They are only going to do so if the game necessitates the need to, factoring what compression scheme they utilize for whatever assets they can compress without a noticeable degradation of quality.

If they can't keep FFXV under the 50GB maximum of the BD-Rom format, then only then at that point do I realistically see them actually requiring more than one disc.

I absolutely agree that it won't happen, I'm just saying that if it were to happen that it would be a big deal.

Top Bottom