• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

Eusis

$200 is exactly what I expected, surprised anyone thought it'd be lower tbh.
I think with the Mario bundles they were expecting it, but the difference is that the games were about a year old by then and it was meant to stir up holiday sales at a time they were sweating a bit: this is more like last year's bundles really in that they include a newer game at a $10 discount.

... Although $200 would be a lot easier to swallow if it included the damn physical cart.

zroid

Banned
Plus it's intended to be a limited edition model. This bundle isn't really supposed to be a bargain, it's a collector's item.

I do wish it were the cartridge though.

Codeblue

Plus it's intended to be a limited edition model. This bundle isn't really supposed to be a bargain, it's a collector's item.

I do wish it were the cartridge though.

Yeah, that's a good point. For me it's just the lack of physical cart. I want the box regardless of the bundle, so what would be $200 for sane people is $240 for me.

$200 doesn't make me happy... Was hoping for at least $170...

Now I'm torn because I do want this but don't want to pay for it lol.

Vamphuntr

Really nice color and logo but I already have a 3DS so I'll get a boxed copy of the game instead. Seems like Nintendo is fairly cheap to have the game preloaded on the sd card though.

Eh, I'll go check to see the deposit for this at GS...

May bite, may not...

The $200 price point is hard to swallow really as it shouldn't be the same price as an XL bundle but I can see why they would charge this much.

Jawmuncher

So any idea when we'll see a new XL hit the US?
Been dying to get one, not a fan of the regular size.
Would have even put up with it being preinstalled if the unit was XL.
Really wish they had just released a regular black XL or that silver/gray one that everyone else has.

Chrom

So any idea when we'll see a new XL hit the US?
Been dying to get one, not a fan of the regular size.
Would have even put up with it being preinstalled if the unit was XL.
Really wish they had just released a regular black XL or that silver/gray one that everyone else has.

Maybe they'll bring over that Animal Crossing one when New Leaf eventually gets released, which probably won't be released any later than the first half of the year.

Made up my mind last night that I was gonna get this.

But now I don't know again. $200?!? c'mon son

Yeah, was going to get this but now... I think I'll stick with my game preorder and buy some other stuff with the money.

...Time to wait for AC if they get an XL bundle I guess.

Looks like I'm selling the black 3DS I won from Kojima at the uniqlo event last year. Im keeping the box though! This looks too nice.

Chrom

I called GameStop.

Dude said there is in fact no in store pickup availability if you order the bundle online, but he said you'd probably be able to get the artbook with the bundle if you reserve it at the store.

Pre-ordered this at Gamestop this afternoon and the clerk told me I would receive the pre-order art book if I pick it up on release, or before they run out of copies.

Azriell

I'm thinking about picking this up for my wife. She loves the design, but has no interest in the game. If I took the sd card, I assume I'd get the game, but what would I lose? All of my eShop downloads are stored on the sd, right? Would I be able to put my (current) sd into her new 3DS and do a system transfer from her clean 3DS as a way of getting my eShop games/saves moved to the new sd? Is there some other/better way to merge cards and keep everything on my 3ds?

illadelph

Just bit the bullet and reserved this at a local Gamestop. The dude there told me I would get the art book when I picked the bundle up.

After doing some research (and testing out an XL) I actually think the OG 3DS would suit me better. I like the bigger screen in theory, but the picture on the old model looks way better IMO, plus it is more comfortable for me to hold. $200 is kind of pricey, but it is still cheaper than buying a 3DS and the game separately, and it is a collector's edition system that is really cool to have. At least that's how I justified letting Nintendo take my money.

Chrom

I'm thinking about picking this up for my wife. She loves the design, but has no interest in the game. If I took the sd card, I assume I'd get the game, but what would I lose? All of my eShop downloads are stored on the sd, right? Would I be able to put my (current) sd into her new 3DS and do a system transfer from her clean 3DS as a way of getting my eShop games/saves moved to the new sd? Is there some other/better way to merge cards and keep everything on my 3ds?

It doesn't work like that because everything's tied to the system. The only way to achieve what you want would be to sacrifice the data on your 3DS that is shared on the new 3DS, like StreetPass Mii Plaza or Activity Log data, in order to get that 3DS system's Fire Emblem playable on your card.

Azriell

It doesn't work like that because everything's tied to the system. The only way to achieve what you want would be to sacrifice the data on your 3DS that is shared on the new 3DS, like StreetPass Mii Plaza or Activity Log data, in order to get that 3DS system's Fire Emblem playable on your card.

:( fuck that sucks. Thanks for the response though.

EDIT: what about doing a system transfer to the new 3ds (my Mii Plaza, ect. overwrites the new 3ds' blank data) and then transferring it all back to my own 3ds (moving all the stuff back with it, including Fire Emblem)? Think that would work?

Eusis

:( fuck that sucks. Thanks for the response though.

EDIT: what about doing a system transfer to the new 3ds (my Mii Plaza, ect. overwrites the new 3ds' blank data) and then transferring it all back to my own 3ds (moving all the stuff back with it, including Fire Emblem)? Think that would work?
I thought it wasn't possible to transfer BACK, but I think someone did that with their Zelda OoT 3DS after getting an XL and changing their minds. However, it'd still take up an extra transfer to do that, and who knows what the future holds.

It's why I'd rather this came with a cart, or (possibly better yet) Nintendo's only structure were more agreeable with owning multiple devices.

Chrom

Oh, come to think of it, I think using two system transfers would work that way, assuming there isn't some arbitrary restriction of not being able to transfer the data back. I can't say I've heard of that before.

Top Bottom