• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 3DS bundle hitting NA

I remember drooling over this a year ago! If only it came out in a reasonable amount of time...

If I didn't have an XL, and had the money, I would totally buy this, any day of the week. However, I'll have to settle for the art book with the Gamestop preorder. Darn.

zroid

Banned
Didn't it come with the game card though?

So did this, when it was released in Japan (Fire Emblem wasn't even available on the eShop back then). I think Nintendo's policy going forward will be pre-installing games in their hardware bundles.

So you're going to pay for the game twice? I can see taking a retail over digital as a preference (not one I share, though), but double dipping like this seems strange to me.

Chrom

How will it work if I want to transfer my old 3DS to the FE Bundle one? Will I lose the game?
Use the System Transfer option in System Settings to merge your data together so that everything can be on your new 3DS. The pre-installed game won't be removed if you do this.

MarkusRJR

I am so ready to purchase this. I guess I'll give my old launch 3DS to a friend or something. I don't need 3 3DS's. I'm kinda pissed about the whole "max 5 transfers" bullshit Nintendo has though. I'm pretty much stuck with this 3DS until the final revision, and I'll save one more in case one of the buttons breaks.

I really shouldn't have to worry about this shit. I mean, I'm paying Nintendo for the hardware.

Chrom

I can't remember when and if the eShop failed to update at 9 AM PST on Monday or Thursday. So, that time tomorrow should be fine.

Yeah, that's it. Just keep in mind that Nintendo's sometimes a little late with these updates, so don't be too surprised if you're on the eShop at that hour sharp and nothing was updated yet.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So i dowloaded Mario 3D land on my stock 2GB card. If I were to purchase a brand new memory card can I do the "system data transfer" on the new 4GB card keep Mario Land 3D and the save data?

Chrom

So i dowloaded Mario 3D land on my stock 2GB card. If I were to purchase a brand new memory card can I do the "system data transfer" on the new 4GB card keep Mario Land 3D and the save data?

If you are asking if you can use all of your data on a different SD card for use on the same 3DS as before (e.g., for the purpose of upgrading to a larger capacity card and nothing else), then this is not necessary to perform. Just use a computer to copy everything from the card over to the new one.

If you are asking if you can use all of your data on a different SD card for use on a different 3DS (e.g., you want to buy this new 3DS and keep your old stuff too), then you will need to perform the System Transfer. Do not insert SD cards into different 3DS systems unless instructed to do so by the System Transfer. Go into the System Settings and set your old 3DS as the host, and the newly purchased 3DS as the recipient on the other end. Watch the Pikmin carry your stuff over. Done.

So demo is tonight or Monday?

Also, is the Fire Emblem Ambasador game a good one?

Neither. The demo will become available at around the time the eShop updates tomorrow for North America only.

The Sacred Stones is a good game, yes.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I guess we still don't know what the demo is? If it's the beginning of the game and we can start it early and continue the demo save with the main game I'd go ahead and do that, to help make sure I get the DLC while it's still free. Depending on where my copy ships from I might be pushing that first week kind of close.

Chrom

I guess we still don't know what the demo is? If it's the beginning of the game and we can start it early and continue the demo save with the main game I'd go ahead and do that, to help make sure I get the DLC while it's still free. Depending on where my copy ships from I might be pushing that first week kind of close.

Yeah, we still don't know what the demo will exactly entail. It could be like the Denpa Men one where it may save your progress and be imported into the full game, or maybe not. Anyone's guess.

So, Thrusday morning? Odd day but sounds good.

12:00PM EST, that's when it always updates here.

IrishNinja

Do you guys think it'd be worth trading in my old Cosmo Black 3DS to get the bundle? I can easilly transfer all my stuff to my brother's 3DS, so there's no danger there. Thing is, I'm not really a big fan of the whole preinstalled game thing. Also, id still have to put up a lot of my own money to make up the difference. On the other hand, that is one gorgeous looking console.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Do you guys think it'd be worth trading in my old Cosmo Black 3DS to get the bundle? I can easilly transfer all my stuff to my brother's 3DS, so there's no danger there. Thing is, I'm not really a big fan of the whole preinstalled game thing. Also, id still have to put up a lot of my own money to make up the difference. On the other hand, that is one gorgeous looking console.
I'd suggest against getting it; I think it's the allure of something new and shiny that is attracting you. Hell, it's got me wrapped up in its finger and I abhor digital games (especially if the cart looks so glorious). You must resist for an amazing XL!

Letep

I don't know where else to put this, but I noticed Amazon has this notice up:

Potential Shipping Delay
Delivery of Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-orders may be affected by manufacturer shipping delays . Amazon apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.

Played the Demo on Normal and got my ass kicked by the zombies. (Day 1 purchase!)

EDIT: Wrong freaking Fire Emblem thread. I guess I should be happy there's more than one FE thread.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What are the US retailer selling the bundle? So far, I've seen just Gamestop. Others?

Azriell

I asked this in another thread, but I though I'd ask again for further reassurance.

My wife wants the Fire Emblem 3ds, but not the game. I want the game for my XL. My understanding is a system transfer from the FE 3ds to my XL will overwrite all of my system level stuff, like Mii Plaza and Street Pass. Could I system transfer from the XL to the FE 3ds, and then transfer back? I know there's like a 7 day waiting period, and a 5 transfer limit, but those are inconsequential in the greater scheme of things. My ultimate goal is to get FE onto my 3ds' card without losing any of my own data.

Chrom

I asked this in another thread, but I though I'd ask again for further reassurance.

My wife wants the Fire Emblem 3ds, but not the game. I want the game for my XL. My understanding is a system transfer from the FE 3ds to my XL will overwrite all of my system level stuff, like Mii Plaza and Street Pass. Could I system transfer from the XL to the FE 3ds, and then transfer back? I know there's like a 7 day waiting period, and a 5 transfer limit, but those are inconsequential in the greater scheme of things. My ultimate goal is to get FE onto my 3ds' card without losing any of my own data.

Yeah, you should be able to do it with two. Move stuff over from your old to new, then new to old. The end result should be all of your old stuff being together with the Fire Emblem game on your old 3DS, and the new 3DS should essentially be empty.

...I realize you probably wanted to hear from someone else, but I hope my answer helps anyway.

Chrom

I have a feeling YoshiRider is making the OT for the game XD, are you?

Haha, no I'm not. Mr. Fix is doing the OT. To be honest, if I had been a member on GAF sooner I probably would've tried reserving an OT myself, but either way I'm very glad there's interest in having one and I'm looking forward to it just as much as everyone else.

MarkusRJR

Oh gosh I just saw the Animal Crossing 3DS XL. Should I get this Fire Emblem 3DS or wait for a "maybe coming" limited edition AC 3DS XL? Actually, what's the probability they bring it over to NA?

Boney

Banned
Oh gosh I just saw the Animal Crossing 3DS XL. Should I get this Fire Emblem 3DS or wait for a "maybe coming" limited edition AC 3DS XL? Actually, what's the probability they bring it over to NA?

If they're bringing this one I wouldn't be surprised if they're bringing the AC one.

Then again, NOA...

Chrom

I could see them releasing the Animal Crossing 3DS XL. But then again, you could be better safe than sorry...

Top Bottom