• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 4 Preview, new Screenshots

DieH@rd

Banned
Does it say anything about a detective mode? I wont play a game without detective mode.

I'll settle for explorer sense too.

Uncharted games don't have detective modes. If you are stuck, game will give you a hint where to go next. So far uncharted games were very linear, and puzzles demanded from user to really solve them only using help from Drakes diary.

FqTIZWk.gif

HYPEEE

usp84

I have gone from zero hype from when this game was revealed to OMG when can I play this fucking game!?

Persona7

Banned
Did it run that bad on PS3? Even after playing it on PS4 at 60fps, I don't remember the framerate being noticeably bad all the times I played it on PS3.

Maybe not quite "runs like ass" but it definitely has frequent framerate drops. Still impressive for PS3 hardware, of course.

Dynasty

Did it run that bad on PS3? Even after playing it on PS4 at 60fps, I don't remember the framerate being noticeably bad all the times I played it on PS3.

Was pretty bad on the PS3, not worried about Uncharted4 though since all the demos they showed ran pretty smooth. I think the first one they showed ran at a locked 30 FPS already.

Blobbers

Uncharted games don't have detective modes. If you are stuck, game will give you a hint where to go next. So far uncharted games were very linear, and puzzles demanded from user to really solve them only using help from Drakes diary.

I've played all the UC games, but sometimes when games get wider in scope devs like to use shitty (imo) game design as shortcuts, like detective mode.

Maxey

Maybe not quite "runs like ass" but it definitely has frequent framerate drops. Still impressive for PS3 hardware, of course.

ND really squeezed every drop of juice from that machine. Then again last gen ran for so long that devs had to basically find ways to make next-gen games fit on 8 year old hardware.

GTAV on last gen can also be considered some sort of miracle work from Rockstar.

Gurish

ND really squeezed every drop of juice from that machine. Then again last gen ran for so long that devs had to basically find ways to make next-gen games fit on 8 year old hardware.

GTAV on last gen can also be considered some sort of miracle work from Rockstar.

Both games were impressive technically but IQ was shit and they ran like ass (GTA5 especially) so retrospectively I wish I could wait for the PS4 versions of both, would enjoy them much more if I knew about it.

Maxey

Both games were impressive technically but IQ was shit and they ran like ass (GTA5 especially) so retrospectively I wish I could wait for the PS4 versions of both, would enjoy them much more if I knew about it.

I guess my PS3 was special or something because at no point in either game I felt like the framerate was hindering my experience.

Image quality was not great but it wasn't that bad either. Both had better AA than the games that came before, in particular GTAV.

In the end I think sacrificing the sharpest picture for scope was a good decision.

DieH@rd

Banned
Game really looks great, but I think I will only read few previews without looking at videos. I saw enough already. :)

Gurish

I guess my PS3 was special or something because at no point in either game I felt like the framerate was hindering my experience.

Image quality was not great but it wasn't that bad either. Both had better AA than the games that came before, in particular GTAV.

In the end I think sacrificing the sharpest picture for scope was a good decision.

TLOU was more tolerable but GTA5 was 20+ fps during driving, it felt like slo mo most of the time there, GTA6 will probably be the same unfortunately.

Both had a pretty bad IQ, maybe some games were worse (Crysis 3 anyone?) and last gen in general had a pretty bad IQ in lots of games, but my eyes almost came out of their socket trying to look into the distance in GTA5 (and not too far, the immediate distance), it was just a blur with all those jaggies.

TLOU's bad IQ destroyed some great looking sceneries, some textured looked especially rough.

Grisby

Kind of figured they would emphasize stealth a bit more. Interesting to see where it falls on the MGS5, Tomb Raider line.

Damn, bout time to be getting excited for this.

I don't really get why The Last of Us's performance is being discussed here. Everything we've seen from this game indicates that it runs very nicely.

Hoo-doo

Banned
As good as this looks in images, it looks downright incredible in motion from the latest ND behind the scenes footage.

Probably the first game of the year i'm buying on day one. Looks to be a great game.

gamerMan

After seeing nothing but cutscenes for awhile, it's nice to see what the actual game play will look like. While it's not as detailed as the cutscenes, the game does look very nice. This will probably be the best looking game of this generation. I hope that the framerate is locked at 30fps.

I am excited that there is more than one way to do things. It's is nice to see that Naughty Dog is expanding on its linear game design as the formula was starting to get a little tired especially when used by other developers.

That rope swinging feels like the biggest gimmick ever.

I do hope that this is not overused.

Oh boy. Just wow.

I'm so hyped for this. Uncharted is probably my favourite series in the action / adventure genre. I love the new tweaks to gameplay and the obvious integration of things brought over from the studios time on TLOU. It just looks like a slam dunk all round, from gameplay to production. It's going to be glorious.

Venom Fox

Banned
Come on! Just one more month before we are blessed with some more Nate.

OT. But are Naughty Dog known to be working on Jack and Daxter? Just asking because Sony WWS senior Producer Sam Thompson's PSN profile says he's working with Naughty Dog on Jack and Daxter...

Come on just one more month before we are blessed with some more Nate.

OT. But are Naughty Dog known to be working on Jack and Dexter? Just asking because Sony WWS senior Producer Sam Thompson's PSN profile says he's working with Naughty Dog on Jack and Dexter...

hold on
WAT?

Top Bottom