• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 4 Preview, new Screenshots

zsynqx

Yep, says it right there in his profile.

"Working with Naughty Dog on Jack and Daxter, The last of Us and Uncharted".

He has been there since the Crash days. Just means he worked on those titles with ND, not that they are currently in development.

Another snippet

The demo continues showing us how the American software company has put great care into the guide sections: the Jeep of the three adventurers must indeed come to terms with the island's rugged terrain, including dangerous fords and slippery walls of rock. In these situations the feeling to drive in an inhospitable location dominated by natural elements is strong and perceived by the continuous tactile feedback from the DualShock 4, able to accurately point out the effort of the medium in the continuous climb over rough roads. the use of the Jeep is not limited to just moving from point a to point B, useful to deepen the fable through a network of excellent and entertaining dialogues; but it also extends to simple invoice puzzle that consist in the use of the winch. The latter is the subject of a very funny gags and its use leads to the solution of some environmental puzzles useful to smooth the pace of play, mainly related to the object's ability to attach itself to any firm surface to act as a tow.

Come on! Just one more month before we are blessed with some more Nate.

OT. But are Naughty Dog known to be working on Jack and Daxter? Just asking because Sony WWS senior Producer Sam Thompson's PSN profile says he's working with Naughty Dog on Jack and Daxter...
Probably means he's worked on the games in the past.

The frame-rate has remained stable at 30 frames per second, without uncertainty or slowdown even in the phases of the "removal" of an environment and one or shootings more excited. The end result seemed to us then an impressive solidity , able to perfectly balance uncompromising performance with a visual impact of great value.

8Z46YDx.gif

FelipeMGM

Come on! Just one more month before we are blessed with some more Nate.

OT. But are Naughty Dog known to be working on Jack and Daxter? Just asking because Sony WWS senior Producer Sam Thompson's PSN profile says he's working with Naughty Dog on Jack and Daxter...

WHAT??

Yep, says it right there in his profile.

"Working with Naughty Dog on Jack and Daxter, The last of Us and Uncharted".

Oh

smh man, you cant do shit like this

mulac

Damn I need to finish U3.

Made it through U1/2 in about a week via the Nathan Drake Collection; loved them both having never played before. The quality and sheer gameplay jump between 1 and 2 is insane.

Sofar on chapter 7 I think of U3 and while its fun...I dunno...likely need a break from it and will get it done before DS3 and U4 are out.

Gurish

Damn I need to finish U3.

Made it through U1/2 in about a week via the Nathan Drake Collection; loved them both having never played before. The quality and sheer gameplay jump between 1 and 2 is insane.

Sofar on chapter 7 I think of U3 and while its fun...I dunno...likely need a break from it and will get it done before DS3 and U4 are out.

Yea U3 didn't feel like a jump at all after U2, on the contrary.

I had 0 hype on the day of U4's announcement, after 3 I just didn't care for more Uncharted.
Luckily the gameplay seemed as improved as the visuals, the PSX demo restored my faith, the E3 set piece demo made it my most anticipated game on next gen (along with the rest of Gaf it seems, since it won "The most anticipated award" afterwards).

Alienous

Well maybe they are not an advanced army, just a bunch of mercenaries in a third world country, make sense they would have rather dated equipment.

blackmarket

All those AK-47 around the world that most armed groups have, you'd be surprised if you get to know their fabrication date.

I meant ... the grenade in the background is standing up like a weapon pickup ... from a 1999 game, lol.

Turkoop

Banned
TLOU was more tolerable but GTA5 was 20+ fps during driving, it felt like slo mo most of the time there, GTA6 will probably be the same unfortunately.

Both had a pretty bad IQ, maybe some games were worse (Crysis 3 anyone?) and last gen in general had a pretty bad IQ in lots of games, but my eyes almost came out of their socket trying to look into the distance in GTA5 (and not too far, the immediate distance), it was just a blur with all those jaggies.

TLOU's bad IQ destroyed some great looking sceneries, some textured looked especially rough.

You can not compare TLOU with GTAV, I think GTAV and open-world games were more complex than TLOU.
And if you enjoy a game very deep, you will not notice any bad technical issues

Turkoop

Banned
Oh, you'll notice them. You just won't care.

I enjoyed Crysis 3, TLOU and especially GTAV very much - and I've noticed nothing because I was so submerged into the game that I forgot every issue.
When I now see GTAV on PS3, of course I'd notice every single issue.

Ricky_R

I can't wait for pretty much everything this game will have to offer, but what I'm really looking forward to is the amazing banter.

It seems this game will have plenty of it due to its more open enviroments and exploration with the Jeep and so on.

Portugeezer

In the preview he sad it ran very smooth. Obviously that means little as press are often terrible at noticing stuff like that, but definitely a good sign

The first gameplay they showed us ran at 37fps, so I think they've been on top of things from the beginning. Probably helped to aim for 60fps early on, 30fps was probably easy to achieve in comparison.

Looks like theyre setting the standard in their genre once again. Cant wait to get my hands on this game or at the very least watch a play-through.

Top Bottom