• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale had Over 1 Million Players on its First Day

Why do you prefer animation priority? It literally makes the playability of the game worse. :|

For me, it makes the game more fun to play. It adds weight to the character and makes it more realistic. Not every game needs it but I Rockstar games definitely do. It's part of the experience.

Yushi

My only problem is the Free to Play...

Hackers will ruin this game very very badly. It already started.

and i find the shooting to be abysmal

Ryuuga

Banned
Not feeling the shooting either. I had no issue with hitscan implemention for PvE, but it makes all the guns feel the same and frankly boring to use in Battle Royale.

No he's right the shooting is pretty bad, especially when it doesn't have a first person view.

Well, the game was not designed for precise shooting in the first place.

We're supposed to shoot stupid zombies in Fortnite, not agile and intellectual players.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Depending on their commitment to PvE and as a way to stand out from the BR only games it might actually give them more funds to develop it more than if the game would have just died.
That is definitely true. PvE stagnated hard because of the microtransaction shit, but if BR can give them the funds to make it not feel like shit then I'm all for it. I'm still super sour on what it turned out to be after its initial release way back. Just give me that version with BR and I'm happy.
you either haven't seen the guns that are good, or you aren't used to it.
Nah as others have said the shooting is terrible for BR playstyle. It's got terrible hitscan and no real ballistic tech.

mrlion

Well, the game was not designed for precise shooting in the first place.

We're supposed to shoot stupid zombies in Fortnite, not agile and intellectual players.

Well there lies the problem doesn't it? If the game was made for Co Op and you're trying to make a battle royale then the shooting mechanics have to be changed...

Had to wait almost 20 mins on xbox, played a few games started getting into the jist of it...never seem to have luck in finding bandages tho.

Ah well.

Seems to be fun, think pubg will still be my main but this is a nice supplement.

Figments

Yeah, shooting feels fine to me. Feels like projectile-based, and not necessarily hitscan?

'Cause you have to kind of lead your shots.

Well there lies the problem doesn't it? If the game was made for Co Op and you're trying to make a battle royale then the shooting mechanics have to be changed...

Well, yeah. That's what I was trying to say.

But still, this is gonna be a good game for shot sessions casual gaming.

breadtruck

Tried it a little bit ago.

Ill have to get used to the feel and shooting, but it seems like itll be fun. Also, the lack of jank is pretty nice. Take notes Bluehole.

Tried it. Matchmaking was reasonably quick and i didn't encounter lag or performance issues.
Didn't enjoy it tho since i somehow made it to 3 survivors with 0 kills and then died lol

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
For me, it makes the game more fun to play. It adds weight to the character and makes it more realistic. Not every game needs it but I Rockstar games definitely do. It's part of the experience.
You can have a weighty gameplay feel without bogging it down with intense animation priority. TLOU and to a lesser extent UC4/LL feel a thousand times better to player and they straight up have better character animation than Rockstar games.

Ryuuga

Banned
Yeah, shooting feels fine to me. Feels like projectile-based, and not necessarily hitscan?

'Cause you have to kind of lead your shots.

Sniper Rifles use projectiles, everything else uses hitscan.

As a lot of people have noticed, the tracers on the hitscan weapons are a little bit misleading due to their speed - we're looking into making those tracers faster so it's clearer what's going on.

EricSW
Fortnite Team

Kei-

lol you do know that rank racks up your leaderboard rank on PUBG right?

Some people don't care about rank. The matches in BR games can be very passive at times, which isn't enjoyable for a lot of ppl. And in Fortnite as it is, there isn't any incentive to play a passive game, unless you really want the umbrella. there is no other reward for winning and no reward at all for coming close to winning.

Demoskinos

DKx-5ecXcAEXfLz.jpg

First win. So awesome. Wish I had the foresight to capture the video of the last few moments. Fun stuff I hope they keep updating this.

Briarios

DKx-5ecXcAEXfLz.jpg

First win. So awesome. Wish I had the foresight to capture the video of the last few moments. Fun stuff I hope they keep updating this.

Were you playing on PS4? I'm just guessing from the prompt ... but, it automatically records your last 15 minutes of gameplay. You just have to hit the share button.

I just got my first win, too lol I'm uploading my very boring victory now.

That's like pro strat dude.

lol you do know that rank racks up your leaderboard rank on PUBG right?

Huh..... So thats a good thing? I didnt see any scoreboards but i thought id be pretty far down the points table for doing nothing.
Funny that when i did die it was because i was actually trying to do something( barricading and stuff). Rest of the time i just ran around looking for people to shoot but they would always run away before i quite got to them with my shotgun. Didnt record but im sure i took screenshots atleast.
Its quite funny in hindsight.

Demoskinos

Were you playing on PS4? I'm just guessing from the prompt ... but, it automatically records your last 15 minutes of gameplay. You just have to hit the share button.

I just got my first win, too lol I'm uploading my very boring victory now.

Yeah, I know. Thing is I opened the capture menu to save that screenshot and then closed it and then realized i should have saved the video. Once you close the capture menu it ditches the recording it has in memory and starts a new recording of which you can actually do up to 30 minutes now!

danm999

Gave this a try, don't really like the gunplay.

Pretty good alternative to PUBG though if you don't have a PC capable of running it.

Wonder how many of these F2P shooters are gonna drop everything and restructure around a Battle Royale mode now!

Epic have to be thrilled with how this game has been performing. I'll be honest I had some doubts after how long it seemed to be somewhat stalling during development. But its been performing pretty damn fantastically

Slixshot

Banned
So far I have won two times :) This game is a ton of fun and having the crafting elements allows for some imaginative wins

Gave this a try, don't really like the gunplay.

Pretty good alternative to PUBG though if you don't have a PC capable of running it.

Wonder how many of these F2P shooters are gonna drop everything and restructure around a Battle Royale mode now!

I want a proper AAA battle royale game, probably from Ubisoft based on The Division or Wildlands.

I prefer realistic graphics for my shooters, Fortnite is definitely not what I prefer and PUBG just looks too janky.

danm999

I want a proper AAA battle royale game, probably from Ubisoft based on The Division or Wildlands.

I prefer realistic graphics for my shooters, Fortnite is definitely not what I prefer and PUBG just looks too janky.

It's going to be interesting in the next 18 months or so to see if the bigger, risk averse publishers simply bolt on modes to their games to try and take advantage of the phenomenon or if they bother to try and dedicate a major AAA franchise to the concept.

Certainly would seem to make a TON of sense for the inevitable Division sequel to feature a Battle Royale mode. Gotta think that will be heavily featured in it

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Ubisoft really could attempt this considering they upgraded their anvil engine to handle much more massive land sizes without sacrificing scene density.
GlamorousValidBelugawhale.gif

Wonder if they're actually thinking about doing so.

Top Bottom