• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite passes 7 million players. Adds 6 million players in less than 2 months

Mask

Now I see why the PUBG were being weird about the battle royale mode a while back, concerned about it eating their lunch it seems.

This is good though, it's a good game and I honestly didn't think it'd be suited for a battle royale mode, but I'm glad I'm wrong!

Nev

Banned
Nice. Epic deserves the success and Bluehole deserves the L for the stupid anticonsumer deal with "good guy spencer" Microsoft.

Hopefully it utterly destroys PUBG's potential base on console.

And I prefer PUBG but I'd rather see more consumer friendly companies succeed and Epic has been very good these last years to boot.

Was there ever a game that could add 6 million players in less than 2 months? That's crazy! Initially the game received a lukewarm reception, but after that new update, it seems that it got the second breath it needed.

Nice. Epic deserves the success and Bluehole deserves the L for the stupid anticonsumer deal with "good guy spencer" Microsoft.

And I prefer PUBG but I'd rather see more consumer friendly companies succeed and Epic has been very good these last years to boot.

They "deserve" success for being shameless cloners? What a world! Not for innovating but fot copying...unbelievable.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Battle Royale has been a lot of fun. Good for them. However shameless that mode may seem is kinda negated by the insane strategies people have been employing with the building mechanics. At one point, we were in the house in Loot Lake, but we started building upwards and literally making a bridge all throughout the sky to stay alive. It was amazing.

Somnia

Just like "good guy" Epic with Paragon and Sony. Nice try though.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I always kinda dismissed Battle Royale games.

But when you are rolling in a 4 man squad, everyone taking it seriously, nothing fucking better. So much fun, even if you do get destroyed mid game.

Demoskinos

They need to monetize the Battle royale PVP to see returns on that, although I am sure some people have decided to buy the Save the world PVE portion as a result of enjoying the Battle Royale.

It's deserved success though. I am surprised that a lot of my friends say they prefer FBR over that other game because the pacing is much quicker, the clean graphics, building, and other things. The game is not perfect of course, and it's still pretty early access, but it'll improve. In fact they just put duos, supply drops, and a charged laser rifle in today I believe.

The building stuff is fucking slick. The way you can throw up a wall and then edit it on the fly to add doors or windows or change the shapes of roofs or stairs. I think Fortnite is malleable enough of a thing to be sort of a platform of various modes and game types.

Can't justify buying it right now got Mario+Wolfenstein at the end of the month right now but I'm very much interested in throwing some money at them for this game.

Mikey Jr.

They definitely need some sort of rewards for finishing games. Points towards customization, or loot boxes, or whatever.

It's be nice getting a royale with cheese and get a massive coin bonus because I got first.

Nev

Banned

Just because good guy Microsoft is the paladin of peace and harmony and crossplay nowadays it doesn't mean they always were.

They "deserve" success for being shameless cloners? What a world! Not for innovating but fot copying...unbelievable.

Shameless cloners who cloned a clone of a book/movie so shameless the original creator could win any legal battle would he care. Hilarious.

If you think Bluehole or PlayerUnknown hold any remote right to consider this whole thing theirs you're highly delusional.

Also they deserve success because of their efforts with Unreal Engine, Unreal Tournament, Paragon and Fortnite. But you don't know any of that you're only here to defend your horse anyways as if you could win anything from that.

Somnia

Just because good guy Microsoft is the paladin of peace and harmony and crossplay nowadays it doesn't mean they always were.

Nice dodging. You stated Epic deserve success for being good guys and MS aren't because they got PUBG to be on their system only and that's anti consumer. Your good guy EPIC did the same thing is all I'm saying. Don't be a hypocrite.

I’ve been playing it. The fact that BR was free and you don’t need to pay for PS plus makes it a no brained download. The game is good enough that I’ve played it multiple times on multiple nights. I’m curious to how they are going to monetize this.

Ploid 3.0

There's a chance Paragon may come to Xbox, but for now while in beta it's just PC and PS4 out of convenience. Weekly or less updates, Sony gave Epic the keys to do what they want when it comes to patches it seems. Hot fixes too.

https://gamingbolt.com/epic-games-explains-why-paragon-is-not-coming-to-the-xbox-one

When asked whether there was a specific reason behind the lack of an Xbox One version to begin with, Steve stated that: ”We've decided to focus our resources on PC and PlayStation 4 as we rolled out Paragon in Early Access and in open beta. Sony's been a great partner, as well, and has been really open to things like cross-play, cross-progression, and such, which was really important to us from the start."

We'll see how many stick around. I bounced right off of the Battle Royale mode. It's just shallow and boring coming off of PUBG.

Ploid 3.0

Sounds just like PUBG on Xbox, which is also going to be on PS4 eventually.

Yeah, could be, though I wonder if the Epic Paragon person on GAF could comment on it. They talk with the community a lot, they may have even answered if sony locked it down. They just had a live Q&A a few minutes ago, next time I'll see if I can get that answered.

Nev

Banned
Nice dodging. You stated Epic deserve success for being good guys and MS aren't because they got PUBG to be on their system only and that's anti consumer. Your good guy EPIC did the same thing is all I'm saying. Don't be a hypocrite.

You don't have any information whatsoever about the alledged moneyhat Sony did with Paragon. If you think Sony is giving Epic money to keep an unproven experimental beta MOBA that's not even relevant out of Xbox then you need to get a better grasp of the industry.

Something tells me Microsoft, a company in a desperate push for their exclusive-lacking console division paying Bluehole to keep the game exclusive, and trying to extend it, is infinitely more probable than Sony wasting money on a Paragon exclusive 1 year into its life cycle.

And I never said Epic deserved the success because they're "good guys" as in praising their decision to make BR multiplatform, I was referring to the quality of their latest games.

Try reading.

Dabanton

It's best to not take his posts seriously.

Here's his 'level headed' response from yesterday to the news that Destiny 1 content that Sony/Acti and Bungie locked up for years was finally on Xbox.

Hahaha.

Thanks shu <3!

Notice no moaning about it being 'anti consumer'.

Somnia

You don't have any information whatsoever about the alledged moneyhat Sony did with Paragon. If you think Sony is giving Epic money to keep an unproven experimental beta MOBA that's not even relevant out of Xbox then you need to get a better grasp of the industry.

Something tells me Microsoft, a company in a desperate push for their exclusive-lacking console division paying Bluehole to keep the game exclusive, and trying to extend it, is infinitely more probable than Sony wasting money on a Paragon exclusive 1 year into its life cycle.

And I never said Epic deserved the success because they're "good guys" as in praising their decision to make BR multiplatform, I was referring to the quality of their latest games.

Try reading.

You also have 0 information on the deal MS has with bluehole. You can't tell me you "something tells me" as you don't know just as I don't know about Sony's deal with Epic. Though Sony did give Epic stage time for paragon to end a conference.

Either way we can agree to disagree on this clearly.

Ploid 3.0

Searching for info on a possible Sony Epic exclusive deal, I just had my mind blown when someone asked for Sony characters in Paragon since it seems like there's a deal.

Kratos.
Uk94VZ1.jpg

Grux.
tMbkPSs.jpg

Krux.
uLI0ttf.jpg

They might rabbit, they might.

What?! That's it I'm going to get a USB keyboard after work today. I already have a gaming mouse.

Paragon and Unreal 3 on PS3 also have keyboard and mouse support.

Somnia

It's best to not take his posts seriously.

Here's his 'level headed' response from yesterday to the news that Destiny 1 content that Sony/Acti and Bungie locked up for years was finally on Xbox.

Ahhh this makes more sense, I'll just ignore him in here now.

labaronx

Could be tales from my ass, but I think Battle Royale being Free is going to have enough people buying the survival mode that it will be more than worth in a long run. Some folks will get a taste for the building aspect and want more.

I did

FyreWulff

What?! That's it I'm going to get a USB keyboard after work today. I already have a gaming mouse.

Yes, it has full up KBAM support on PS4. Just plug in the keyboard and mouse and the UI switches.

The only problem I've seen is that there is in fact a mouse cursor on the lobby/menus, but.. you can't see it on PS4. So you kind of have to find it by seeing what get highlighted when you move the mouse. I assume that's a bug, but you can ready up by just hitting 'P'.

You can also remap the keyboard in the settings.

Nev

Banned

Ahhh this makes more sense, I'll just ignore him in here now.

You're both so up your own you can't even realise that's an obvious jab at "#4theplayers" Sony and the embarrassing shills who worship Shuhei Yoshida.

Shocking but you can critizice two opposing companies. I bet you're feeling pretty clever now.

Having proper reading comprehension and not assuming helps.

This game has really good, fluid movement. I was honestly shocked by how smoothly everything steers, because I'm so used to PUBG's clunky movement lol. Both games are really great takes on the genre and complement one another very well.

gamz

It's a deal (preview) that Sony doesn't offer. Not sure why it's Blues fault? Pretty sure MS came to them.

MTC100

Banned
Fortnite continues to be a massive success adding 6 million players since the last updated numbers we received. It had been at 1 million players on August 18th.

Ad6c.png

Being the first Battle Royale type game on consoles has to be a major contributor to this. Epic must be thrilled at these results

So... wait. The game that was announced ages ago as some kind of world building game is now a pubg in comic graphics?

Nev

Banned

For someone who had the time and will to stalk other user's post history you could've gone just a bit further. Or did you but ignored it anyways because of your narrative?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249298662&postcount=170

You can stop trying really. These attempts at exposing are just laughably misguided and kinda embarrassing.

Accepted help getting it to consoles. God forbid!!!
LOL

You think a game as big as PUBG would have any problem whatsoever coming to consoles?

Just fucking please.

Top Bottom