• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite passes 7 million players. Adds 6 million players in less than 2 months

So is it likely Epic will pretty much ignore the "normal" fortnite modes to focus on the PUBG mode?

No, they have stated multiple times that the same team that was always working on Fortnite still is working on it and it's scheduled to come out of early access in early 2018. It's a different team that are working on BR mode.

fuzaco

Oh yeah. Especially with Epic being determined to continuing updating Fortnite Battle Royale. So yeah, PUBG will be juuuuuuuusssst fine.

Yeah, it will be. Have you played both? They are totally different. Fortnite is more arcade-y, has really bad gunplay but an interesting building mechanic. PUBG is a lot slower, better gunplay, a more complex weapon system and realistic graphics. There will be people who prefer one or the other, but PUBG players won't necessarily like Fortnite.

And 7 million is great, I'm one of them, downloaded it when PUBG servers were down, played a few matches, but didn't really like it.

Could be tales from my ass, but I think Battle Royale being Free is going to have enough people buying the survival mode that it will be more than worth in a long run. Some folks will get a taste for the building aspect and want more.

Nah
I saw vids and while it looks ok I'll pass

Just downloaded it for free and won't pay any money for skins or etc
Free is good though, I heard a few people in my party say they are going to buy the other mode

Honestly, I just downloaded it last night. I was ready to put down $30-$40 for it, and imagine my surprise when I found out it was free.

It's ironic that PUBG is the reason I am having so much fun with this game. To me, BR really is creating a fan base due to PUBG's popularity, but it's BlueHole's decision to put it out on the most popular console last, which ultimately drove me to pick up this thing... and I'm actually pretty happy about it, weirdly enough. This game is super fun, it seems that people are much more aggressive in this game (maybe it's just the playstyle of console gamers in games with guns) which leads to very spicy openers.

PUBG will be fine regardless of this game. I do wonder about what its console footprint will look like now that there is a (free) competitor that really isn't a slouch. It's not nearly as technical or precise as PUBG, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

Ploid 3.0

I was watching this video yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7hOYk_bSKs

and realized how big of a hit Epic has on their hands. They just need to update it right, and make it even more addicting and get those skins, and character customizations out. They are working on the guns feeling so that's not set in stone yet. This game is awesome, awesome to watch and play.

The things you can do in this game man! A gaffer killed a ton of people with traps in one house recently. The only person that didn't fall for it was the last person.

Top Bottom