• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software has 3 internal projects: 1 ARPG ala DS, 1 reboot & 1 new IP

Maybe more contemporary weaponry, say..guns? Shadow Tower sequel confirmed.
I feel like anything more than the way guns are in Bloodborne would kind of ruin things balance wise. Maybe every character has a set of magic like the witcher series that are used for things in the game world and are more sandbox like, I dunno I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with MGS3 but the others leave me cold and indifferent.

Maybe so, but they definitely switched gears and audiences loved them. Hell, GTA3 practically spawned a genre.

Also: You don't like CT?!

Anyway, you get my point, yes? That it's silly to expect a sequel to be drastically different and wildly unpredictable? Good if they are and it still works, but for the most part it's not necessary, so long as the game itself is great.

I do indeed, though I'm not sure I'd call it silly. It's definitely a difficult balance to strike between innovating and retaining the series' spirit, but not impossible.

SomTervo

Tenchu. Pray.

Always forget it was From who made that.

They said the third one was 'weird' though, and a new IP, so it's almost definitely not Tenchu.

FYI I'm helping out Lince Works with their new indie game Aragami and that's the closest I've played to Tenchu in about 12 years. It's pretty good. Out later this year.

Mendax

Always forget it was From who made that.

They said the third one was 'weird' though, and a new IP, so it's almost definitely not Tenchu.

FYI I'm helping out Lince Works with their new indie game Aragami and that's the closest I've played to Tenchu in about 12 years. It's pretty good. Out later this year.

i dont think they made it, i think they acquired it and sat on it until now

Luminaire

I'd like From to tackle a full on horror game next. With the heavy horror elements in some areas in the Souls/BB games, I feel they could make something rather lovely and terrifying.

Project 1 needs to be Bloodborne 2.

I'm glad project 2 is an Armored Core game. I've never played the series, and I love mechs. If Miyazaki can take everything he's learned by making the Souls game into a fresh new Armored Core game, it can only be great.

Awesome that they are making a new IP.

Dark Matter

Neo Member
For first project, it seemed like action RPG with dark fantasy setting but approached from different angle than Dark Souls

Looks like a fancy way to say "We are working on Blooborne 2, B-Team on it!"
Hope they will try with something different (yet similar) and multiplaform.

For second project, it could be a reboot but also a new game with ideas that came from their previous franchises.

So, this is a new Armored Core? Cool.

For third project, he says it's something different from what the company has been doing previously. He says it will be a bit weird.

My bet is that this one is the game Miyazaki is working on as a director. We know he's done with souls games and we also know that Bloodborne is one of them.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Metal Wolf Chaos reboot please.

It's honestly the perfect time for that kind of gloriously absurd 'murica shit.

Project 1 needs to be Bloodborne 2.

I can't imagine a scenario where Bloodborne 2 isn't in development. If From aren't developing it then Japan Studio must be managing it themselves, and I guess From are working on something else for Sony. I'm fairly sure one of our insiders (maybe Verendus?) said that Sony have a three game contract with From, and there would be a Bloodborne sequel as well as a new IP.

I can't imagine a scenario where Bloodborne 2 isn't in development. If From aren't developing it then Japan Studio must be managing it themselves, and I guess From are working on something else for Sony. I'm fairly sure one of our insiders (maybe Verendus?) said that Sony have a three game contract with From, and there would be a Bloodborne sequel as well as a new IP.

the scenario where milking things is bad.

I always knew a new Armored Core was going to be in the works. Wasn't that long since Verdict Day anyway, and it already took them 4 years to get from For Answer to V.

I have to imagine it'll go for a new set of ideas and game mechanics rather than build on Verdict Day, if the amount of time between games is any indication. 4th and 5th generations were already significantly different from what they had worked on for the first ten entries in the series, and at this point I'm fine with whatever new thing they come up with within that franchise so long as they continue to prove they are the best at developing mecha games.

Oh, and the other two projects sound cool, I guess. Dark fantasy, whatever, fuck it, MORE MECHA!

Dude. Give me a Bloodborne-future game. Like, give me a rogue Bloodborne 2 under the guise of a sci-fi dark souls then when the veil is opened again there are more GREAT ONES.

I know Lovecraft is all about "what if these cosmic horrors interrupted our very mundane human life" but what a cool twist that would be. Even if they are all new Great Ones under a different name since that's just what the Yharmanites called them.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
So nothing from "From"??

Where the fuck is my Dark Souls 1 &/or Demon Souls Remaster, for fuck sake.

Project 1: ARPG with dark fantasy setting similar to DS

More Berserk please
WellgroomedDampGoosefish.gif

Top Bottom