• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Software has 3 internal projects: 1 ARPG ala DS, 1 reboot & 1 new IP

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do the right thing FS
7ab95e59d8.gif

9e9476f22a.gif

94d0e9bd0f.gif

95c35229a3.gif

a9e7e551e7.gif

gai_shain

Wait why do people think project 1 is bloodborne 2?
If the translation is good this would be a really weird way to hint at bloodborne 2

ITT: people don't understand the meaning of new.
Superrrrr hype for new ARPG Souls successor along with the reboot and new thing.
Wait why do people think project 1 is bloodborne 2?
If the translation is good this would be a really weird way to hint at bloodborne 2
Even if they explicitly said it wasn't Bloodborne 2 you'd still have people saying it's Bloodborne 2
Please no more souls/demons/bloodborne type games for a while. I don't mind the fantasy setting, but too burnt out on the style of combat and storytelling
Don't play them then, what the hell?
These games are built for a specific niche, plenty of other things to play even from From themselves.

Gbraga

All I want to know is which one is being directed by Miyazaki. Or which ones, I guess. He did work on Bloodborne and Dark III at the same time.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The reboot should be Tenchu, but it'll be something that won't sell outside Japan like Armoured Core.

With the reputation that Fromsoft has created for themselves both this and last gen, do you truly believe what you just wrote? Haha I love both franchises and I think there's room for both I wouldn't mind seeing one before the other so as long as the other comes reasonably after.

All I want to know is which one is being directed by Miyazaki. Or which ones, I guess. He did work on Bloodborne and Dark III at the same time.

I'm willing to bet Armored Core(since he's been quoted as wanting to return to it) and the new VR thing. If we're lucky all 3!

Mendax

I'm willing to bet Armored Core(since he's been quoted as wanting to return to it) and the new VR thing. If we're lucky all 3!

why, why and why.

hasn't dark souls 3 proven yet that a supposed miyazaki touch does not exist..

Gbraga

I'm willing to bet Armored Core(since he's been quoted as wanting to return to it) and the new VR thing.

That would be the worst case scenario :C

why, why and why.

hasn't dark souls 3 proven yet that a supposed miyazaki touch does not exist..

No? It's the second best game in the series, in my opinion, only losing to Bloodborne.

He's a very hands on type of director, even goes as far as working on the level design, and Dark III provided some of the best level design in the series, like the Cathedral of the Deep.

Look, I'm not saying that if it doesn't have Miyazaki it'll be shit (I prefer Dark II over Demon's), or that I'll only buy a game if it's made by Miyazaki, but taking issue with people being excited about what their favorite game designer is working on next is even more ridiculous than people dismissing anything not made by their favorite director.

Miyazaki is absolutely the best game designer in the industry right now, to me.

Can anyone translate what he's saying about Dark Souls 3 DLC?

He apologized for it taking so long to come out. Unlike other companies, they are only able to work on DLC once the main game is done.

Man, Miyazaki though...
Interviewer-Congratulations on DS3! It's sold great and has great reviews.
Miyazaki-Thanks. I've seen both positive and negative ones though.

The guy is such a perfectionist. He mentioned the maps not being as connected as a failure.

He also says the won't do mobile games because they are not passionate about the monetization methods.

That would be the worst case scenario :C

The large contingent of Gaffers who consider themselves diehard FROM fans who have only played Souls I-III and Bloodborne crack me up.

Like if they don't make Souls IV or Bloodborne 2 they're "out" but the moment either of those games come out they'll immediately start shitting on them because they don't measure up to Souls I and Bloodborne I. Guaranteed.

Bring on more Armored Core. It's actually the most hardcore IP in the FROM portfolio. No Chromehounds successor sucks but they seem to be slowly integrating most of the concepts from CH into Armored Core. Verdict Day was a pretty good indication of that.

//edit: Also, the mech+fantasy thing has been done by FROM before, too, it was called Frame Gride.

Euron

I sincerely hope it's not a Bloodborne 2, I fucking love that game so much but I'm hoping they do a Demons Souls -> Dark Souls style transition, tried a new concept with mitigated risk due to Sony support, was successful, take it multiplat.
I would love this. I feel that From reuses too much from past games in their sequels so a Bloodborne 2 wouldn't have the surprise factor of the original. A Bloodborne successor on the other hand, in the vein of Demon's Souls to Dark Souls, would be amazing. Keep the combat but create something genuinely new.

Kieli

I can't imagine it's easy to create a new mythos and world and assets.

Bloodborne 2 saves them time and money because there's an entire framework already there.

Geist-

That Soulsborne money doing work

I sincerely hope it's not a Bloodborne 2, I fucking love that game so much but I'm hoping they do a Demons Souls -> Dark Souls style transition, tried a new concept with mitigated risk due to Sony support, was successful, take it multiplat.

I feel the same, a game like that shouldn't have to be stuck to a single console.

I would love this. I feel that From reuses too much from past games in their sequels so a Bloodborne 2 wouldn't have the surprise factor of the original. A Bloodborne successor on the other hand, in the vein of Demon's Souls to Dark Souls, would be amazing. Keep the combat but create something genuinely new.
I'm in this same boat really. A lot of people think I must hate Bloodborne because of the way I treat it here but like, some things should be left alone. There are so many people on this board that complain about things being milked or having too many sequels but clamor for Bloodborne 2, I just don't see anywhere else it could go and it was a complete package, it doesn't NEED anything else and if it ever does come out people are going to bitch and moan forever that it doesn't live up to the first so at that point why bother, just play Bloodborne again. Bloodborne was good because it was new and different compared to its predecessors even if it's differences mechanically were technically minimal. So why not let them do that again with a new ARPG instead of clamoring for a sequel to something that's pretty complete and has already been done. It's just silly to me and fairly irritating when it's the only topic of speculation and debate in these threads no matter how relevant it is.

Fou-Lu

Miyazaki is so cruel mentioning his dream of an Escaflowne style game. No matter what the other three projects are I would want that one more.

Gbraga

As far as level design and lore goes, DS3 solidified it.

Agreed. Some times I feel like I didn't understand Dark Souls II's story at all, when I see people saying that its lore was much better than III. Even the item descriptions were not as well written, not even considering the story itself.

The large contingent of Gaffers who consider themselves diehard FROM fans who have only played Souls I-III and Bloodborne crack me up.

Like if they don't make Souls IV or Bloodborne 2 they're "out" but the moment either of those games come out they'll immediately start shitting on them because they don't measure up to Souls I and Bloodborne I. Guaranteed.

Bring on more Armored Core. It's actually the most hardcore IP in the FROM portfolio. No Chromehounds successor sucks but they seem to be slowly integrating most of the concepts from CH into Armored Core. Verdict Day was a pretty good indication of that.

What the hell are you talking about? I don't give a crap about being hardcore, I'm just not into Armored Core, and I'm not interested in VR for the time being, so my favorite director working on both would be a waste, to my personal preferences.

I actually hope it's not Dark 4 or Bloodborne 2, I want a new IP from him, but hopefully not VR.

He apologized for it taking so long to come out. Unlike other companies, they are only able to work on DLC once the main game is done.

Man, Miyazaki though...
Interviewer-Congratulations on DS3! It's sold great and has great reviews.
Miyazaki-Thanks. I've seen both positive and negative ones though.

The guy is such a perfectionist. He mentioned the maps not being as connected as a failure.

He also says the won't do mobile games because they are not passionate about the monetization methods.

I don't agree with many of the criticism around Dark Souls III, but if it influences him to work on new IPs rather than sequels, I'm glad he's taking the negative reactions into consideration!

Miyazaki is so cruel mentioning his dream of an Escaflowne style game. No matter what the other three projects are I would want that one more.

Maybe he just wants to see the fan reaction, to know if there is a demand for a game like this made by him.

Bl@de

"For first project, it seemed like action RPG with dark fantasy setting but approached from different angle than Dark Souls"

-> Different angle -> First-person -> King's field.

Gotcha. I'm ready!

Top Bottom