• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUCK YOU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

byropoint

croatian is wrong too, ''jebiga'' does not mean ''fuck you'', its more like saying ''fuck it'' when you're fed up/annoyed with something.

GT500

Neo Member
The Egyptian/Arabic one is informal and its translation is "why don't you come so I can fuck you?" :lol

There is no literal and formal expression to 'fuck you' in Arabic but 'tab-ban lak' ( 'lak' literally means 'for you' speaking to singular & male ) which means 'damn you' is considered very offensive.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
There was this book i used to have that listed tons of profanity in multiple different languages. It was great because it had stuff listed phonetically and it had a large and varied amount for like 20 different languages. Cant find the books name for the life of me now though.. i tossed it out a few years ago.

SuomiDude

jorma said:
The finnish one appear to be more useful, vittu means cunt as i recall.
Fuck is literally translated as vittu, at least when in right context. It would work as vittu in couple of examples I can think of: "oh fuck" = "voi vittu", "fuck off" = "painu vittuun"...

Cunt can also be vittu. But it usually means our words like römpsä or pillu which are kinda like slang words for vittu.

Oh, why the fuck am I even thinking this stuff...? :lol On the other hand there's nothing wrong with thinking about fuck. :D

Ironborn

Banned
so i take it pretty much everything on the list is just the google translator version?
wow, way to fuck this potentially awesome poster up :lol :lol

Zabojnik

The italian one is also wrong. 'Vaffanculo' = 'vai in culo' = 'go in the ass'. The correct one would be 'fottiti'.

Worst multi-language translation ever.

AnkitT

I dont think there is a literal translation of fuck you in hindi, or its just slipping my mind right now.
edit- the one in the OP is wrong.

Sluiter

catfish said:
wtf

this is babelfished or something.

'rot op' is the closest right?
I usually see it translated as 'val dood' ('drop dead' for those that don't know oir beautifull gutteral language).

Pancho

Qurupancho
lol "hundir pelos"? Never even heard that expression before and I live in PR xD. It would be more like Jodete, now that's a bit more accurate.

SimleuqiR

Pancho said:
lol "hundir pelos"? Never even heard that expression before and I live in PR xD. It would be more like Jodete, now that's a bit more accurate.

That's sounds almost like they mean a woman's and a man's pubic hairs are driving into each other. Which would paint a picture of two people fucking. That's such an off translation though :lol

CassSept

Polish "Pierdol się", while correct, isn't too commonly used.
And it actually is word-for-word translation, but it works in this case

Lao

Neo Member
Eww, the Laos and Thai one are TOTALLY wrong! Ci in Laos literally translates into "intercourse" the way Laos people tell each other fuck you is "buck ha mung".

Roughmar

Portuguese is also wrong. "Foda-se" is the expression meaning "Fuck"
(not the act, though - "Foda" is "Fuck" and "Foder" is "to Fuck").

"Fode-te" means "Fuck you".

Also, in Brazil they always write in caps.

Fuck this list. "Foda-se para esta lista"

edit: Just noticed the plague of Portuguese round here. They're also, unfortunately, wrong. "Vai-te foder" actually means "Go fuck yourself". See, the Portuguese language has just this awesome liberty where rudeness is concerned. We can almost beat the Irish on this chapter.

Gui_PT

Roughmar said:
Portuguese is also wrong. "Foda-se" is the expression meaning "Fuck"
(not the act, though - "Foda" is "Fuck" and "Foder" is "to Fuck").

"Fode-te" means "Fuck you".

Fuck this list. "Foda-se para esta lista"

Too late buddy.
That's been said like 5 times :lol

Foda-se I guess :p

Pancho

Qurupancho
SimleuqiR said:
That's sounds almost like they mean a woman's and a man's pubic hairs are driving into each other. Which would paint a picture of two people fucking. That's such an off translation though :lol

Yeah I wonder if the person who did this list totally pulled this out of his ass or something since apparently, judging by GAF's reaction, most of the translations are way off.
Multicultural GAF FTW!

Enosh

jebiga (croatian) means "fuck it" as in potraying dismay over something
jebi se is "fuck you"

and jebem ti boga (slovenian) is more of a "god damned", althrough you can also use it as "fuck you"
again same as in croatian, "jebi se" is the proper "fuck you"

byropoint said:
croatian is wrong too, ''jebiga'' does not mean ''fuck you'', its more like saying ''fuck it'' when you're fed up/annoyed with something.
another slav brother on here? :D well another might be the wrong word, not realy a lot of people from this part of the world on here...

oh and "Putz di" (austrian), which of the fucked up dialects is this one? :lol

Jay Sosa

iamaustrian said:
what?
this actualy means "get lost"

"fuck you" would be more like "hey deppata, hot di goschn oda i drah da ane aun"

I think "Geh scheissn" or "Geh in orsch" would be more fitting.

Roughmar

iamaustrian said:
what?
this actualy means "get lost"

"fuck you" would be more like "hey deppata, hot di goschn oda i drah da ane aun"

I am sorry sir, but I am sure you are lying! There's no way that that means "fuck you" :lol

Why don't all of you people who are actually from these countries get together and make a new, accurate version of the OP? That would be pretty rad. AUTHENTIC fuck you's from around the world. Wouldn't take too much work I'd imagine..

....was going to attempt to post a Latin "fuck you", or a working approximation, so I researched Latin insults just to bone up and ran across this goldmine: http://www.curufea.com/hero/doku.php/resources:latin_insults. While a lot of these are pretty clearly made up, Te odeo, interfice te cochleare (I hate you, kill yourself with a spoon) and Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris (If Ceasar still lived, you would be chained to an oar) seem grammatically functional

LRB1983

Banned
Isn't there the spanish ¡Qué te jodan! or ¡Qué te follen! or ¡Qué te den por el culo!?
The catalonian version is wrong. Qué et donin pel cul! or Qué et follin! or Fes-te Fotre!.

Rapstah

theinfinityissue said:
Why don't all of you people who are actually from these countries get together and make a new, accurate version of the OP? That would be pretty rad. AUTHENTIC fuck you's from around the world. Wouldn't take too much work I'd imagine..

....was going to attempt to post a Latin "fuck you", or a working approximation, so I researched Latin insults just to bone up and ran across this goldmine: http://www.curufea.com/hero/doku.php/resources:latin_insults. While a lot of these are pretty clearly made up, Te odeo, interfice te cochleare (I hate you, kill yourself with a spoon) and Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris (If Ceasar still lived, you would be chained to an oar) seem grammatically functional
I wonder if there's any Latin insults hidden in that ancient graffiti... I don't think there's anything productive in official Roman stuff :(

R0nn

Dutch never say 'neuk jou'. They say 'fuck jou', or maybe something like 'neuk je moeder' which means 'fuck your mother'.

R0nn said:
Dutch never say 'neuk jou'. They say 'fuck jou', or maybe something like 'neuk je moeder' which means 'fuck your mother'.

KRIJG DE KANKER (get cancer) is something i hear a lot..
or
KRIJG DE TERING

Timber

catfish said:
wtf

this is babelfished or something.

'rot op' is the closest right?
in subtitled tv shows or movies i've often seen it translated as "krijg de klere", which would sound hilarious if you were to translate it back into english: "GET CHOLERA!"

"rot op" would translate as "sod off"

i think the dutch version of fuck you is just "fok jou"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom