• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUCK YOU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunkel6

I am from Mauritius and I have never heard of the word "Defalouter". Neither have my parents who lived on the island for more than 30 years.

AVclub

The russian and ukrainian ones both say, "go to the dick" not "Fuck you!" The latin one says something about sleeping. So I can only assume that the rest of this list is bullshit as well.

Timber

JADS said:
Dutch is one of the few languages in the world where some diseases are curse words :lol
yeah... cursing in dutch often means wishing disease on someone. it's an ugly and coarse language which makes cursing in it all the more effective. there's nothing like a good "godverdomme" with the g as throaty and stretched out as long as possible.

Timber said:
yeah... cursing in dutch often means wishing disease on someone. it's an ugly and coarse language which makes cursing in it all the more effective. there's nothing like a good "godverdomme" with the g as throaty and stretched out as long as possible.
yeah, dutch cursing is art.

iapetus said:
The French one is wrong too, if my memory of French swearing serves me correctly. Should be 'enculer', though I also prefer 'foutre'.

Edit: My French teacher used to add 'chez les grecs', but I always had my doubts about that...

Right on, "va te faire encule" would make you look like an idiot if you said/wrote it.

And "...chez les grecs" is actually legit (well it was used pretty commonly) although it is quite misdirected and distastful in my opinion.

wRATH2x

Banned
The arabic one is all wrong!

Yoaasher means making love or having sex, Inzaghib(انزغب) means fuck you.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I think the literal meaning is irrelevant. There's something about the usage of the phrase that transcends spoken language. It's basically an angry grunt.

wRATH2x

Banned
GT500 said:
The Egyptian/Arabic one is informal and its translation is "why don't you come so I can fuck you?" :lol

There is no literal and formal expression to 'fuck you' in Arabic but 'tab-ban lak' ( 'lak' literally means 'for you' speaking to singular & male ) which means 'damn you' is considered very offensive.
Tabban lak is not even remotely offensive, what the fuck are you talking about?

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
So I had to Google "Birmania" to find out it's Burma in Italian... Why did they call it Birmania?

But I just can't buy that the oh so simple "Lo" is enough to mean "fuck you"

as much as I wish it could be true

lolololololo

Rapstah

Hey, what the hell! "Sweden" and "Swedish" are listed as two different words! In green to the middle left and gray to the bottom right.

EDIT: Not even that, it's the same at both places :lol

There are too many translations in Spanish there. "El cono de tu madre" means something like "damn of your mother!" and "Andate a cagar" means "go take a shit."

I think "jodete" is the best one.

Roughmar said:
Portuguese is also wrong. "Foda-se" is the expression meaning "Fuck"
(not the act, though - "Foda" is "Fuck" and "Foder" is "to Fuck").

"Fode-te" means "Fuck you".

Also, in Brazil they always write in caps.

Fuck this list. "Foda-se para esta lista"

edit: Just noticed the plague of Portuguese round here. They're also, unfortunately, wrong. "Vai-te foder" actually means "Go fuck yourself". See, the Portuguese language has just this awesome liberty where rudeness is concerned. We can almost beat the Irish on this chapter.

"Fuck this list" is more like "Que se foda esta lista".

msv

Gui_PT said:
Do you guys say "You cancerous idiot!" ?
Hmm, some might say 'kankermongool' which means 'cancerretard', it's a bit of a dialect in The Hague which has all the cancer- (and other) stuff. You could say 'kutmongool' (cuntretard), 'pisnicht' (pissfaggot), rugridder (backnight), chocoprins (chocoprince), anaalvandaal (analvandal), kuthoer (cuntwhore), tyfuslijer (typhus sufferer), and so on.

Gui_PT

msv said:
Hmm, some might say 'kankermongool' which means 'cancerretard', it's a bit of a dialect in The Hague which has all the cancer- (and other) stuff. You could say 'kutmongool' (cuntretard), 'pisnicht' (pissfaggot), rugridder (backnight), chocoprins (chocoprince), anaalvandaal (analvandal), pishoer (cuntwhore), tyfuslijer (typhus sufferer), and so on.

You guys sure can be mean if you want to =\

Desiato

msv said:
Hmm, some might say 'kankermongool' which means 'cancerretard', it's a bit of a dialect in The Hague which has all the cancer- (and other) stuff. You could say 'kutmongool' (cuntretard), 'pisnicht' (pissfaggot), rugridder (backnight), chocoprins (chocoprince), anaalvandaal (analvandal), pishoer (cuntwhore), tyfuslijer (typhus sufferer), and so on.
Hollanders zijn precies wel heel onbeleefd. Sommige van deze woorden heb ik nog nooit gehoord!:lol

CassSept said:
Polish "Pierdol się", while correct, isn't too commonly used.
And it actually is word-for-word translation, but it works in this case

Oh that's bullshit, the "isn't commonly used" part, that is :D . It's used quite often, not as much as shit or fuck but we have kurwa for that. :D

jts

...hate me...
totally digging this "foda-se" thing

foda-se

Let's make it a meme, portuguese speaking-GAF!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
DonCuco said:
I always thought that for Vietnamese was "Du Ma May"

:lol

du = fuck
ma = mother
may = you

although it probably holds the same position as "fuck you" as the defacto swear.

AnkitT said:
I dont think there is a literal translation of fuck you in hindi, or its just slipping my mind right now.
edit- the one in the OP is wrong.

ya there is no word like fuck you in hindi. But we have some imaginative insults :lol :lol The one in op (chodia) means fucker if it is Chodela than it is fucked up

Furoba

msv said:
Hmm, some might say 'kankermongool' which means 'cancerretard', it's a bit of a dialect in The Hague which has all the cancer- (and other) stuff. You could say 'kutmongool' (cuntretard), 'pisnicht' (pissfaggot), rugridder (backnight), chocoprins (chocoprince), anaalvandaal (analvandal), kuthoer (cuntwhore), tyfuslijer (typhus sufferer), and so on.

I like tettekop (tithead) (Flemish Dutch) myself. :lol

... but I met my match here: http://www.scheldmachine.nl
:lol

Bogus

The one listed for Greek is technically a curse, but it doesn't mean "fuck you." A decent translation would be "to the devil," and in my experience (perhaps just where I'm from?) it's fairly innocuous and more common amongst the older population. The closest equivalent is "ainde gami sou," which means "go fuck yourself."

Sprinkle in a couple of sexual slurs, cook over a pair of jeans and hair gel, and you've got yourself a trashy insult tiropita!

Question: is this a literal translation of "fuck you" or something that's idiomatic and people would actually say in real life? Because "Fick dich" in German doesn't sound very natural at all and I'm sure most people would express the said sentiment a bit differently.

One common way of expressing the "sentiment" is "Leck mich" (lick me) which is an euphemism for "Lick my ass". "Lick my ass" in full is "Leck mich am Arsch" which is used as well but not as often as it's a bit long. It works well if you want added emphasis, though.

Kyoufu said:
Am I blind or is there no Farsi on that list?

Also I had no idea "kisama" meant fuck you in Japanese...
In anime, maybe but I very much doubt that anyone would use this in casual conversation because the word itself is really archaic if I recall correctly.

Kurtofan

magicalsoundshower said:
Question: is this a literal translation of "fuck you" or something that's idiomatic and people would actually say in real life? Because "Fick dich" in German doesn't sound very natural at all and I'm sure most people would express the said sentiment a bit differently.
In French "Vas te faire enculer" would be literally translated as "Go get butt-fucked"
Vas te faire foutre would be literally translated as "Go get fucked"
More or less.

The Arabic one is mistranslated, too. lol

The word is translated to literally "has sex", not "Fuck you". lol

Also, why is Egyptian considered a language? People in Egypt speak Arabic only in an Egyptian accent.

Same thing for Syria.

xelv

WTF at Puerto Rico's "Hundir Pelo". First time I've even read that in my whole life, dammit. That stands for "Sink Hair". I bet there are others like that one too.

Miau

Neo Member
jts said:
totally digging this "foda-se" thing

foda-se

Let's make it a meme, portuguese speaking-GAF!

:lol I didn't even knew you were portuguese, and I've been lurking for a long time.

Portuguese-GAF, Unite!

zisqh5.jpg

Gui_PT

How many portuguese gaffers do we have here?

I only know 2. And i saw about 3 on this thread.

Edit: There's no orange in our flag! jerk =P

Miau

Neo Member
Gui_PT said:
How many portuguese gaffers do we have here?

I only know 2. And i saw about 3 on this thread.

Edit: There's no orange in our flag! jerk =P

Aside from the people that posted here... MetalMurphy, FirewalkR, and nny. Those are the ones I know. And I think MM got permabanned.:lol

Oh, and its red, not orange:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom