• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUCK YOU...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raist

Banned
Champomade said:
In French, it is "va" and not"vas". This is a very basic but very frequent (as we can see on this thread) mistake.

And it's "enculer" not "encule"

Basically it looks like 99% of this list is wrong.

Duki

Banned
lol, a lot of these contradict themselves.

Bulgaria/Serbia/Croatia for instance should all be the same, ebi se/jebi se/jebi se.

Instead they gave you ebi se/jebem ti/jebiga, which mean slightly different things than fuck you.

So basically DON'T TRUST THIS PICTURE OMG who knows what else it's lying about.

Melchiah

Generally the Finnish people use "haista vittu" ("smell the cunt") as an equivalent to "fuck you", but I think "vedä käteen" ("go fuck yourself") would be more appropriate.

Magypsy23

Banned
ClivePwned said:
a sto diavolo - am i right?

Besides, needs more "Vre!"

also 'yami sou' is literally 'fuck you' in Greek

"A(i) sto diavolo" is "go to hell".

No one says "vre". :/

"Fuck you" is "gamisou" (lit; "get fucked"). The initial Gamma (Γ, γ) sound doesn't exist in English.

tri_willy

sedaku said:
the Vietnamese one is totally wrong, it say "what the hell", not "fuck you"

vietnamese dont really say fuck you which would have literally been du may. most vietnamese swearing is usually intended to offend the receipient's parents which is why you hear a lot of "du/deo (fuck) ma (mother) may (you)" or fuck your mother

john tv

Kyoufu said:
Am I blind or is there no Farsi on that list?

Also I had no idea "kisama" meant fuck you in Japanese...
It doesn't. It's not even close, really. There is no good equivalent to F U in Japanese, but kisama isn't even in the running.

jts

...hate me...
Miau said:
:lol I didn't even knew you were portuguese, and I've been lurking for a long time.

Portuguese-GAF, Unite!

zisqh5.jpg
Advice-Dog--FODA-SE.jpg

Danielsan

Hahaha "Neuk jou".
Theoretically correct but no one in his right mind would say that unless it's meant to be sarcastic.

"Fuck you" will do just fine in The Netherlands.
I think "krijg de tering" is as good as Dutch version you will get.
Though any potentially fatal disease will work. :lol

FoxSpirit

Ironborn said:
Putz di (Austria) is more like a good natured "fuck off" than an honest "fuck you"....fail list is fail
fuck off would be the same as in germany, fick dich :D

Well yeah, "Putz di" and "Schleich di" are good natured but Fick dich is simply German.
What we are looking for is "Geh scheissn" :D

Rapstah

quadriplegicjon said:
there are two sweden ones. odd.

the second one is at the bottom right: knulla dig. is that right?
I already said that.

"Knulla dig" is just a pretty rude way of saying to fuck someone, it's not actually a swear from what I've heard.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Japanese is wrong. The closer equivalents are kutabare くたばれ or shine 死ね

FoxSpirit said:
Well yeah, "Putz di" and "Schleich di" are good natured but Fick dich is simply German.
What we are looking for is "Geh scheissn" :D

that's an actually pretty good translation.
great work

I just heard it yesterday in a bar:
geh scheissn, du verhurtes oarschloch du

Jasup

Surpringly the Finnish translation is quite good and widely used equivalent to "fuck you". There are other ways to express it, but "haista vittu" will do just fine in your day to day conversations.

FirewalkR

No no no, the previous Portuguese gaffers, or Tuga gaffers, or Tugaffers for short, have missed the point.

Whoever translated that assumed that we in Portugal are respectful, EVEN when insulting!

You see, the "Foda-se" in the picture is to be interpreted as "Você foda-se!" where "Você", for the non-portuguese, is kind of a more respectful, or at least less familiar, "You" except it is used with the verbs in 3rd person. Isn't our language great?? :lol

The Albanian one doesn't really mean "fuck you", more like "I'm gonna fuck you" and you'd never hear a Swiss say "druber rutsche". I've only heard that being used in the context of a guy fuckin a girl (in a pejorative way).

MYE

Gui_PT said:
How many portuguese gaffers do we have here?

I only know 2. And i saw about 3 on this thread.

portuguese gaffer here :D

Well half portuguese, half south african. But i'v been living in Tugaland the last 16 years

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Pulka said:
The swedish one is wrong, "jävla" means "fucking".
It doesn't, "jävla" comes from "djävlar" which means devils.

I get what you're trying to say though.
But yeah saying "knulla dig" would be really weird in Swedish.

Stabby89

Neo Member
Danielsan said:

Try saying that in Belgium. Everyone will laugh at you.

"Neuk jezelf" would be a possible translation but we always always say "fuck you".

hehe the somali word (was or wus to be exact) is simply fuck. They forgot the word ' IS' before WUS for fuck you. although somalis in general go for 'hoyada wus' when cussing someone out which means fuck your mom.

Majine

Banned
sprsk said:
Japanese is wrong. The closer equivalents are kutabare くたばれ or shine 死ね

Isn't 死ね more like "go and die plz" ?

Also, swedish fuck you should probably be "dra åt helvete". It's used in the same context, even tho it litterally mean "go to hell".

jarosh

whether this is supposed to be literal or not, the swiss one isn't just wrong, it's entirely made up. it means nothing. DRUBER is not a word at all. and RUTSCHE means slide. i'm really not sure what the hell DRUBER RUTSCHE is supposed to mean. the real one is much simpler: "figg di"

jarosh said:
whether this is supposed to be literal or not, the swiss one isn't just wrong, it's entirely made up. it means nothing. DRUBER is not a word at all. and RUTSCHE means slide. i'm really not sure what the hell DRUBER RUTSCHE is supposed to mean. the real one is much simpler: "figg di"

:O Swiss GAF represent!

As I said, I've heard "Ich bi geschter bi ihre drübergrutscht" when friends told me that they had sex with someone last night.

jarosh

Glass Soldier said:
:O Swiss GAF represent!

As I said, I've heard "Ich bi geschter bi ihre drübergrutscht" when friends told me that they had sex with someone last night.
how obscure. maybe i'm just too old. never heard that expression. but it's not like that makes it right. "drüberrutsche" still doesn't mean "fuck you", as "having sex with someone" =/= "fuck you" and druber =/= drüber. the whole thing is funny though considering how wonderfully straightforward the proper expression is. figg di

SapientWolf said:
I think the literal meaning is irrelevant. There's something about the usage of the phrase that transcends spoken language. It's basically an angry grunt.

this. You guys are being to picky.

Desiato said:
Also, kisama (jap) is really more a rude way to say "you", as in "bastard", or "asshole" or something. I think the more appropriate translation would be something like kuso kurae (eat shit), but I'm not sure, stuff like this isn't usually written in Japanese course books.

I'm an expert on Japanese culture etc...

now i don't mean to be rude, but i'm finding it hard to tell if you're kidding or if you are just arrogant.

Konosuke

Miau said:
Aside from the people that posted here... MetalMurphy, FirewalkR, and nny. Those are the ones I know. And I think MM got permabanned.:lol

Oh, and its red, not orange:p
Count me in! Fui aceite ontem :D

Danielsan said:
Hahaha "Neuk jou".
Theoretically correct but no one in his right mind would say that unless it's meant to be sarcastic.

"Fuck you" will do just fine in The Netherlands.
I came in just to say this. If you say "neuk jou" to anyone here in Holland, they would laugh or awkwardly stare at you. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom