• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer September Cover: AC Rogue and AC Unity

KDC720

AC4 was alright, I didn't think it was as great as people here were making it out to be.

That being said, these both look pretty interesting. I haven't bought an AC game at full price since Brotherhood though, and I'm probably going to do the same for both of these.

Would also be interesting if Rouge eventually came to XB1/PS4. But I wouldn't mind picking it up for 360.

JDSN

Banned
Rogue looks like the superior experience, the setting is enough to elevate it above the usual derivative crap.

MayMay

Banned
Rogue sounds a million times more interesting than Unity.

Eh. From what I've played of Unity the only difference in gameplay will be the controller you're using.

I doubt Rogue is gonna have a city the size of Unity, Coop, Stealth mode, the changed combat, etc etc. Rogue is AC4.5 while Unity is a true advancement of the franchise.

So I'm not really interested in Rogue. But - Ill probably end up getting both anyways.. For the sake of story completion.

Why leave the reveal so late? Just a few months to release? Must not have much confidence... or trying to overhype Unity?

But surely there's still a huge audience worth chasing on PS3/360.

Yoday

Something's quite wrong when Rogue (last-gen) looks more interesting as a setting than Unity (current-gen).

Will wait for HD Remaster.
I completely disagree. The French Revolution is one of the most interesting and important events of the last few centuries.

kudoboi

so 3 AC releases on PC this year then? hopefully rogue comes out before unity. i don't think it would be a fun experience jumping from a current gen focused game to a previous gen focused game

Curufinwe

I completely disagree. The French Revolution is one of the most interesting and important events of the last few centuries.

And as much as I liked AC4, I don't need another ship-sailing AC game right now.

I'm much more interested in the really tall buildings.

Denton

The amount of AC games is just crazy, but if it keeps selling..

that said, Rogue does sound pretty damn interesting, it is a shame they make it for oldgen.
Unity looks great too. I will probably cave and get both on PC, though not at launch.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Ice setting and ships beats Paris.

icl7Ea2mvyGV3.gif

No more naval stuff, please.

MilesTeg

Banned
Rogue is still a head scratcher for me. I don't understand releasing a new game, on last gen consoles, two weeks after Unity, a week after CoD, same day as Halo collection...absolutely sent to die. I bet the PS4/Xbone version will be out by spring at the latest.

KorrZ

Damn Rogue sounds much cooler than expected. Need to see some gameplay of this.

Will be picking up Unity day 1 on PS4 and probably Rogue if it hits PC.

Skilletor

Taking the ship away that EVERYBODY loved in 4 was a bad idea.

I didn't like the ship. I hate pirates and thought 4 had the least interesting locales in the series. Unity looks far better in every way for me. I don't buy AC games to pilot ships. I buy them to climb buildings, see incredible vistas, and admire the awesome architecture.

Rocketz

Getting Unity but I will wait until Rouge gets it's inevitable next gen release to pick it up. Too many other games this fall/winter to get me to jump back to my 360.

VegiHam

See, I've never cared about the boat stuff. I like climbing. So for me, Revolutionary Paris is more interesting then Flat America (Again). But I don't own a next gen console yet, so I might just get Rogue anyway.

GavinUK86

Rogue connects to the Haytham story? No thanks, that whole saga sucks. I'll probably rent it on PS3 when I'm done with Unity. Unless it'll be out on PC by then for cheap like they did with Liberation.

Morts

Rogue sounds great, but I'm not sure I can go back to PS3 after playing AC4 on PS4 (and my OC isn't up to snuff). Hmmm...

I much prefer climbing to sailing, so Unity is way more interesting to me, not in the least because Paris is a fantastic city and the game looks far better in terms of mechanics and presentation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has Rogue being PS360-only been formally confirmed or are people just continuing to assume as much due to previous rumours?

Edit: To clarify, I'm asking if the PS360 have been mentioned specifically so as to rule out a PC release. I'm well aware this isn't coming to the PS4/X1.

oti

Banned
Unity: French Revolution, birthplace of a new world, one of the most important events in human history

Rogue: Ice pirates

We shoulda make a poll about what the more interesting setting is. This is an unjust world so I've got a feeling Rogue would win this.

Randdalf

Rogue sounds like they took the engine and gameplay of AC4 and stuck it in a new world. Ubisoft are masters of generating "content" but I still wouldn't expect it to be much more than an oversized expansion pack for Black Flag.

Haven't played an AC game since Revelations but I'd take the naval stuff over more tall buildings that look similar. I was kind of sick of it by Brotherhood.

Top Bottom