• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer September Cover: AC Rogue and AC Unity

Enosh

holy shit, arctic and hunting assassins, day fucking 1

plus I might actually be able to run that one on my shit PC -.-

So when will Rogue be out on PS4/XBO? My guess is Feb-March 2015.
Probably. They'll give it some time to breathe on old-gen, and give people time to buy Unity on current-gen, and then rerelease it on PS4/X1 a month or two before they announce sequel to Unity. I wonder if they will make another old-gen game next year tho.

Edit: and it's gonna be interesting to see sales numbers for Rogue, before it hits current-gen.

I guess its time for me to get back into AC. I stopped at AC2. So guess I'll be picking up Rouge when it comes out.

A rouge Assassin intrigues me a lot.

Not going to touch rogue with a ten foot pool. Beta new york and ice doesnt interest me in the slightest.
Bring on Paris!
If you want me to play an AC set in North America call me when you decide to make New York 1880-1920.

16BitNova

I will wait on this until it hopefully comes to current gen. I mean for this to come out at a later date than Unity sucks for an AC fan. Coming from a new engine on current gen then going back to previous gen and an old engine would kinda suck.

The story and direction of this game seems fun and new though.

Ahhh I'm torn, I love AC. I want to play this but want to wait for the better "definitive" version. Why must you do this to me UBI!!??

Aeroknight94

Neo Member
ACIV PS4 version is still stupidly expensive. Goddamit.

what's even worse is that the ps3 version is like $40. That's bullshit. Rogue sounds much better than unity at the moment, but I'm not playing this on the ps3 or 360. Ubi been doin a good job on the frame rate of crossover game, like ac4, so I'll wait and see if they bring it to the ps4. However, that unity tech demo did hype me up a bit.

neoemonk

This just looks exhausting. I fell behind after AC II and now they are releasing two in one year? At some point I would expect Ubi to take a break but I guess the sales keep coming.

This just looks exhausting. I fell behind after AC II and now they are releasing two in one year? At some point I would expect Ubi to take a break but I guess the sales keep coming.

They already released two last year and the year before (though one year it was the Vita-only version).

Neofx

I hated the sailing part of 4 so I'm really glad that Unity is the next gen AC. The story also looks way better to me.

Probably buying Rogue on PC day one though, I'm a sucker for Assassin's Creed.

Lucreto

Another dodgy Irish voice. You think they would hire an actual Irish voice actors.

I am looking forward to it anyway.

I wonder if we will face off against Conors mentor.

3bdelilah

Banned
I bet this ties into AC4 by
having Shay murder Edward Kenway and then taken Heytham and turn him into a Templar

BOOM!

I'm an idiot for readin this without completing Black Flag. Is that an AC4 spoiler or from the novels (which I already was kinda aware of that
Edward got killed and that Haytham grew up with Templars
)? If it's from AC4 please ignore my post so that I may experience it myself, because I incline to think it's from the novels.

MattyG

Banned
I bet this ties into AC4 by
having Shay murder Edward Kenway and then taken Heytham and turn him into a Templar

BOOM!
Well
Edward was killed
in 1735, and Rogue takes place during the Seven Years War which was about 20-25 years after that, so the timeline wouldn't really work for that I don't think.

Logash

Unity is a day one buy for me and rogue will be when the ps4 version is out. Next time I turn on my ps3 will be the day I play Persona 5.

RdN

Rogue seems a lot more interesting.. But considering it's Ubisoft and Assassins Creed, I'm sure we'll see a remaster of it next year.

KingJolly

Banned
More interested in Unity. The skill tree and co op will give the game way more depth and replayability but Rouge os still very interesting

~Kinggi~

Banned
I want Rogue but they be fucking crazy if they think they arent releasing that on PC for me to buy. Im not getting that on 360.

Dredd97

Another dodgy Irish voice. You think they would hire an actual Irish voice actors.

I am looking forward to it anyway.

I wonder if we will face off against Conors mentor.

Pretty sure he's not Irish
It's more West Country / Portsmouth accent..

Foffy

Banned
I think it would be an awful move to not have Rogue on PC. I'm not someone who's gotten too big on the Creed series (I apparently played the two worst games, that being the original and Bloodlines, and I'm only entertaining the possibility; I am unsure if I wanna get back into the series) but considering Ubisoft has a PC service, and can very easily use this as an easy port down the road, it would be incredibly odd for them to bail on having it on PC/PS4/One down the road.

Hasn't banking on last gen with ports truly been a mistake for most companies when people originally thought otherwise? I assume their last-gen/next-gen approach is to make sure the game is not inhibited by the previous hardware in regards to the new versions, but that comes at the risk that one of these game will do well, and the other less so. I think more people will go after Unity because that's the wow newness.

Grr not sure if I can hold out for the predictable Rogue HD on current gen, might have to jump on the PC version!

Sounds like it could be great and I loved Black Flag so it seems likely to be an enjoyable game for me.

That would make 4 open world Ubi games for me this year o_O

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Too bad Rogue isn't getting a PC version. I wouldn't even hope for a Wii U one. It seems quite interesting. Maybe even more interesting than Unity from the story point of view. Plus pirates and Arctic landscape. Well, I'm sure I will enjoy Paris and I hope the character won't be too annoying.

Foffy

Banned
Is it really that inconcievable that people pay attention to these things? Or is this an earnest question?

Just an earnest question. I wasn't putting down the fictional chronology at all. It's just there's a lot of titles, especially non-numbered entries. I asked to be enlightened to simply be informed, so I apologize if it came off as a put down.

Just an earnest question. I wasn't putting down the fictional chronology at all. It's just there's a lot of titles, especially non-numbered entries. I asked to be enlightened to simply be informed, so I apologize if it came off as a put down.
Aa, it's alright. My post was testier than I intended and I'm sorry for that.

The series is roughly divided into three time periods:

12th-13th Century
- Altaïr's Chronicles
- Assassin's Creed (Third Crusade)
- Bloodlines
- Revelations (Mongolian Invasion of Europe)

15th-16th Century
- II (Rise of Pope Alexander VI)
- II: Discovery
- Brotherhood (Fall of Pope Alexander VI)
- Revelations

18th Century
- IV: Black Flag (Golden Age of Pirates)
- Pirates
- Rogue (Seven Years' War)
- III (American Revolutionary War)
- III: Liberation
- Unity (French Revolution)

Then of course there's that modern, 21st Century segments in most of the games. There are also some mobile card games and social games, but those are not really plot-significant (well, whether Discoveries or Pirates are significant is also highly debatable).

Toa TAK

Banned
I feel like with all the game releases and information regarding both new and old games that there would be a General OT for the series already.

Toa TAK

Banned
Is that good or no? I'm intrigued by this game.

Liberation was a pretty good Assassin's Creed spin-off. It's definitely scaled down in scope compared to other entries to compensate for the Vita, but it still plays just as well.

Plus, Aveline is pretty cool in her own right and the way they approach the story telling is very interesting as well.

Top Bottom