• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer September Cover: AC Rogue and AC Unity

Quentyn

Aw. Not entirely unexpected, though, given the PC is getting FC4 and Unity and they're less than a few weeks apart.

It would really surprise if there is not a PC version later. Spring 2015 would be my bet, together with the PS4 and Xbox One version.

jett

D-Member
Rogue will undoubtedly be a reskinned AssFlag. I hold out hope that Unity really does control very differently from AC3/BF. Everything you do in those two games feels quite shitty.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It would really surprise if there is not a PC version later. Spring 2015 would be my bet, together with the PS4 and Xbox One version.

Yeah, I suspect it'll hit the PC belatedly much like Liberation.

Mrbob

Rogue has the potential cooler setting ( Former Assassin turned Templar ), however Unity will be the better game. The "A" team is developing it while the Liberation team is on Rogue.

Pooya

image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25844-3042_0002.jpg

image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25844-3042_0003.jpg

image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25844-3042_0001.jpg

penguins!

even their bullshots don't look so hot this time

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Those are the most legit PR screens I've ever seen from a Ubisoft game (I didn't say they were totally legit before anyone replies).

Moongazer

Rogue sounds more interesting to me due to the naval stuff which I loved in AC4, but it's a shame that Ubisoft hasn't decided to do a separate game or new franchise based on the pirate/naval mechanics rather than continue to shoe-horn in those aspects into an AC game. I would much prefer a naval game that isn't burdened with all the problems inherent with the AC franchise.

At any rate I'm looking forward to the 'remaster' that will inevitably come out to the new systems.

Navy Bean

I'll think I'll just wait for the AssCreed 2 HD remake. It's the only one of these I really enjoyed all the way through.

ironcreed

Banned
The French Revolution is interesting and all, but I'll take sailing the icy seas as an Assassin hunter 7 days a week and twice on Sunday over that in a video game.

image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25844-3042_0002.jpg

Yes please.

Grimsen

Rogue seems like a more interesting game for me. AC4 is my favorite of the series by far. I still secretly wish this was the Further Adventures of Edward Kenway.

I'm not playing this on 360 though. Blag Flag was too pretty on PS4 for me to go back.

Rogue sounds more interesting to me due to the naval stuff which I loved in AC4, but it's a shame that Ubisoft hasn't decided to do a separate game or new franchise based on the pirate/naval mechanics rather than continue to shoe-horn in those aspects into an AC game. I would much prefer a naval game that isn't burdened with all the problems inherent with the AC franchise.

At any rate I'm looking forward to the 'remaster' that will inevitably come out to the new systems.

They might be. Let's all remember that most of their games have actually been in development for several years. We might see a pirate themed game next year.

Case and point, AC Unity has been in development for four years.

love the way the AC series keeps finding good one off adventures in between the mainline entries. AC Rogue looms good from what i'm seeing, a PS4 port better hapoen asap! so is he Civil War next when AC VI hapoens or will Ubisoft go to Africa or Asia for new story lines?

ironcreed

Banned
image_assassin_s_creed_rogue-25846-3042_0003.jpg

dammit.. I would like to sail those icy seas

Yep, there is nothing else like the open world at sea that they pulled off in Black Flag. Now we get to sail the icy north under the aurora borealis filled skies, while hunting assassins? Hell yes.

I'm finding it hard to become excited about another AC game let alone a last gen AC game. Unity looks cool, I'lll probably skip on Rogue. Or wait until it reaches the bargain bins.

Tekku

Interesting setting as usual, but I can't stand the dull gameplay anymore. It's one of those series where I would've done things a lot different if I was in charge, and I don't like to have that feeling while playing. It makes me feel like a QA tester that nitpicks everything instead of being immersed by the experience.

Holy shit Rouge looks even cooler then Unity. Probably going to be picking up both this year because they both look fucking awesome.

TheXbox

Both games look pretty rad. Rogue is basically Black Flag 2, Unity is a return to dense urban AC. I'll probably check out Unity when it comes out and Rogue whenever they do the next-gen port.

ironcreed

Banned
Rogue contains everything I haven't liked about Assassin's Creed. Boggles the mind that people will prefer it to Unity.

Well, Unity looks like a return to the same old shit that I started playing in 2007, only prettier and with co-op. Sorry, but I have been burned out on that since I finished the amazing Brotherhood.

Meanwhile, Black Flag is the only time since then that I felt they gave me something that felt fresh by making a game based off of the one thing in AC III that was actually good... the sailing. There is nothing else like that open world at sea and some of us want more of it.

Rogues seeing and style looks much better to me personally. But I don't think I can go back to playing AC on last gen. I'm sure they'll port it like liberation eventually.

I'm more excited for Unity, I've missed the urban cities of Ass Creed 2. But if Rogue comes out with a PS4 version, I might pick it up.

Yuck, that lighting. Will definitely wait for the inevitable PS4/XB1 version next summer. I think I'm also done with sailing for now, and am much more excited about Unity's overhauled parkour system.

So the leak I saw in march was indeed Rogue and not Unity related. The hero was named Shay.

AC Rogue Spoiler from a leak :
Shay has to kill old captain Adewale

Rogue is only ps360? I aint buyin that day one. Not being on current gen will make that price drop like your normal AC games. Probably 20$ a month or 2 after launch. Unity will be my day1 purchase.

Dysun

Playing as a Templar in 3 was pretty unexpected, I liked that part of the game a great deal.
Hopefully they port it to PC relatively quickly. I'm done buying PS360 games, but I'd play this. (Even if it reuses more assets than the typical AC)

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
What am I reading? Ice pirates? Seriously? I get they're cool and all but seriously? Ice pirates?

Ice pirates sound way more interesting than the French revolution. Then you just throw in a fire ninja as the last boss and it's the masterpiece we never knew we wanted.

dreamfall

Part of the problem! In for both, I like my annual AC fix. Double it this year!

Will probably end up getting both on PC- running through IV again, locked and it's beautiful- bugs and all. I also like this idea of playing as a Templar the whole way- nothing is true, everything is permitted!

Toa TAK

Banned
Sofia is doing this, right? I'm cool with that as I really liked Liberation.

I'm not really expecting much from the title in terms of gameplay, and I got tired to sailing in ACIV midway through, but as long as the story is good I'm down.

They've really done away with the beak hoods, haven't they...

Arno has his. Or at least it resembles it more than any member from the Kenways. (Seriously, what was up with Connor's?)

And why is everyone assuming it will be remastered or ported over so soon?

Krakn3Dfx

I expect this will sell poorly on last gen consoles, and we'll see current gen/PC version announcements pretty early in 2015.

Rogue actually looks pretty interesting, where as I find Unity to look like a showpiece that is sliding back into what I didn't enjoy about pre-AC3 titles. I'll reserve final judgement for both based on reviews, but as it stands, Rogue seems like it has the potential to be the better game just from a storyline standpoint.

Top Bottom