• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Impressions from the show floor.

Theecliff

Banned
Bah, did I miss it? Right.

Driveclub looks very good. Graphically you can not really complain, this looked better than GT6 on PS3 across the hall, no doubt. The cosmetic damage is in, scratches and deformations look good. There is a lot of stuff happening beyond the track. I did not completely get controls, they are not arcadey and not really simulation. Hard to get used to. But I see how the challenges can be fun when playing with friends. Glad that this will be in PS+ offering so I do not need to decide about buying it now.
Sounds good, thanks for the impressions!

Played:

Assassins Creed 4

Overall i had the most fun with Assassins Creed.
What was the framerate like? Is it 60fps or 30? I swear I can remember hearing it was 60fps from somewhere.

Kinan

They tried to sell it to me as the PS4 version - I used a PS4 controller - but I could see the pc it was plugged into hidden in a box ;)

hm? Where did you play it? I did it in Sony booth, and pretty sure there were a row of PS4s with AC4s running.

Raptor

How do your index fingers lay on the DS4? On all the previous Dualshocks, they naturally rested on R1/L1. Same with the DS4?

This is important too, if its the same I can already feel how my fingers will get tired and hurting because of this.

Natural position for the triggers fingers are a must.

GlamFM

Banned
Which track? Prague again? :( How does it play? What about graphics? Tell us, pleeease!

Laguna Seca. Plays just like Forza ;)

Sounds good, thanks for the impressions!

What was the framerate like? Is it 60fps or 30? I swear I can remember hearing it was 60fps from somewhere.

No idea, but it looked fantastic.

DS4 and Xbox One controller impressions PLEASE!

Both are great, but I liked the DS4 better.
(I played this gen almost exclusively on 360..)

hm? Where did you play it? I did it in Sony booth, and pretty sure there were a row of PS4s with AC4s running.

Ubisoft booth.

Kinan

Need impressions from
BSM7AS9IYAAU1Gy.jpg:large

At best from people who tried the normal non FullHD Devkit and can compare it too the FullHD one

Queue was too long, didnt make it. :/

I heard the X1 triggers have almost no resistance to them? Is this true? Did any of you like that about the triggers or not?

What games make use of the DS4 touchpad? Gimmicky? Useful? More than menu navigation?

E92 M3

I was a little bit disappointed from the Xbox One controller and loved the Dualshock 4 controller from the first touch. That comes from a so called Xbox Fanboy. I preordered both console's and will keep it that way but the Ds4 feels ace. The Xbox One Controller has bad lb rb buttons and the analog sticks are to loose like the DS3 ones. But I liked the Ryse Coop Gameplay it looked ace and was fun. The first game on the Xbox One was Lococycle :).

That worries me a lot -- I like the sticks to be as tight as possible. Hopefully it was just a slight hyperbole on your behalf :)

Nozem

4. Resogun is awesome twin stick shooter, Housemarque went all out with particle effects and explosions, the picture is crisp, framerate is perfect, and I like cylinder more than the sphere of SSHD, much easier on my brain. :)

Awesome, thanks! Resogun is definitely my game of the show.

GlamFM

Banned
I heard the X1 triggers have almost no resistance to them? Is this true? Did any of you like that about the triggers or not?

What games make use of the DS4 touchpad? Gimmicky? Useful? More than menu navigation?

It's true. But I didn't have a problem with them.

Didn't play anything that made use of the touchpad.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
btw, no-deadzone DS4 is godly. Especially for racing, really noticed that in Driveclub, as well as proper R2. :)

No deadzone? Stiff sticks may be redeemed for me. I can't wait to not struggle with aiming precisely.

Both are great, but I liked the DS4 better.
(I played this gen almost exclusively on 360..)

Did you like the DS3? It seems like all of the impressions from the DS4 come from people that didn't like the DS3 at all. So it's kinda making me concerned since i'm someone that really likes that controller.

It's true. But I didn't have a problem with them.

Didn't play anything that made use of the touchpad.

I love you Germans by the way (i'm assuming you are). I'm part German on my grandmothers side. I always wanted to try the food there. I heard it is strange. I'm sure there are neat sausages, chocolates, cheeses and pickled things I would love from there.

b0bbyJ03

its very interesting reading everyones impressions in here. makes me feel like the odd man out. i switched from playing fps games on xbox to ps3 cause i prefer the loose sticks so much better. they are harder to use at first but provide a better input for really subtle movements. kinda scares me that the ds4 is tighter.

Zero148

my impressions:

didn't play too much by myself, but have seen quite a few games.

Mario 3D World: looks crisp, but nothing to spectacular. Very charming visuals. Gameplay was grat fun with 3 people, but a little bit chaotic (even more than NSMB imo). Glas Pipes felt like a great addition, cat suit was fun. In Single player the camera is not completely free adjustable, it changes the angle in steps. The 8 way movement did not really disturb

Mario Kart 8: Plays like Mario Kart and looks stunning besides quite a bit aliasing (don't know if NIntendo just uses shitty TVs or way to high sharpness). Butt criery smooth 60 fps as far as I can tell

Batman Arkham Origins: Didn't really feel a difference in combat to the rocksteady games, another Arkham game. Imo a little rough in the visuals (again, maybe the TV was shit)

Fighter Within: looks crisp, plays like shit. Maybe the room where it is demoed is too dark, it is a Kinekt based game. Does Kinekt use IR light to be independent from the lightning conditions in the room? I don't know

FIfa 14: Didn't really feel the need for the nextgen version over current gen. Looks crisp but not miles better imo

Rayman Legends: Plays great and my friend who played murphy in one level with some deadly light had great fun too

All the nextgen games I saw had a really great IQ and ran smooth, but wasn't really blown away by anything I saw. Looked like current gen on steroids and higher resolution imo. Did not see Killzone or Infamous. Also Didn't see Titanfall before someone asks.

Personal most appealing game from a visual standpoint: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Really stunning game, sadly didn't play it by myself

btkadams

Did you like the DS3? It seems like all of the impressions from the DS4 come from people that didn't like the DS3 at all. So it's kinda making me concerned since i'm someone that really likes that controller.

i haven't used the ds4 myself, but i've yet to hear from anyone that prefers the ds3 to it. it seems objectively better than the ds3. i wouldn't worry.

Jb

Is Ryse playable on the showfloor? I'd like to hear some impressions from someone who's played action games before, because right now I'm still not quite sure how the combat works.

GlamFM

Banned
I love you Germans by the way (i'm assuming you are). I'm part German on my grandmothers side. I always wanted to try the food there. I heard it is strange. I'm sure there are neat sausages, chocolates, cheeses and pickled things I would love from there.

You forgot the raw pork meat.

Google "Mett Brötchen"

;)

Top Bottom