• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

It always weirded me out how the outback turned into a gay icon.
Wait. What?
How about some old ones?

270-1.jpg

No

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

this is how highway pileups are caused
I think Abby and Drew come from fairly similar places. Both are media producers who also play games. We got to know Drew's personality as time went on and he also developed a particular preference in games that was entertaining to follow, but he never dove deep into industry inside baseball or necessarily playing all the latest hypes. Would be cool if Abby was given the opportunity to produce something like the unique content Drew sometimes did, but he got less of that as time went on (trips, exploring the e3 floor etc) but maybe.

no worries shell have gone somewhere else by next year

Tracygill

The real question is why do people still keep quoting that post? That's what I really want to know. Just got done with UPF, great stuff. Brad's Hitman run was awesome.
If you are using something like uBlock Origin you can hide quotes of users by adding the following code to the My filters tab in uBlock settings.
Code:
www.neogaf.com##:xpath(//blockquote[@data-username='username_of_poster'])
Replace 'username_of_poster' with the name of the poster you want to ignore. Like so:
Code:
www.neogaf.com##:xpath(//blockquote[@data-username='Poster'])

Zel3

I'm curious how long all of us here have been following Giant Bomb personalities.

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
Whiskey Media time line? (The Golden Years)
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

Me personally, I've been following the duders since the gamespot days.

I'm curious how long all of us here have been following Giant Bomb personalities.

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

I have been following them since Jeff and Dan did that periscope livestream where they tried to figure out how to work the studio. That was the video that made me start watching them regularly.

(Or at least that is how far back I can remember)

Edit: I actually remember watching them finagle the PS4 around at an E3, so maybe it was actually 2013? Idk man

Kassu

Banned
I started listening to bombcast about 6 months before Ryan's death. I think the first stream I watched was the Bioshock Infinite ending stream.

Bought Premium around Extra Life 2013 iirc

strafer

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

Gamespot.

I knew about Giant Bomb still in it's blog day since I enjoyed Jeff and the gang back in the Gamespot days, but fell off of it shortly after the full site launched. This was until I got my Wisdom Teeth pulled and was just laying in bed for the whole day and rediscovered the site via Quick Looks on Youtube. The date for that was July 3, 2013, yeeeeaaaahhhh not great timing there.

I finally decided to buy premium yesterday.

kingocfs

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

Made an embarrassing amount of posts on the Gamespot forums in high school. Since like 2002.

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

I've been aware of who they are since Gamespot days and I'd drop by Giant Bomb once in a while, but I didn't start following-following (listening to every bombcast, watching most videos, Premium) until CBS.

bjork

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

The first content I ever saw was the Alpha Protocol quick look, as my friend worked on it and I wanted to see it in motion. Then I watched a Game Room quick look and that was when I was hooked.

nothing stops the game room quick look

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

I knew of Jeff from the Gamespot days, but did not have an internet connection to even download podcasts at the time so just knew his name. I dont think I knew about Vinny or Brad at the time. I think I knew the name Ryan, as his name was attached to many Nintendo reviews - who I have always been a big fan off.

I vividly remember some portions of GAF freaking out because Jeff would not stand up to play Wii Sports "correctly" during a launch stream for that game on Gamespot. I could not watch, but I remember silly angry posts. I think that was my first introduction into the internet telling someone they are "doing it wrong."

At some point my internet connection became slightly better, but I got more obsessed with 1UP than Gamespot. I download both The 1UP Show, and 1UP Yours weekly. Once Garnett, Shane, Luke and John starting going their own ways, I started looking at GB stuff more regularly, and kept going until today. Why stop now?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How goes GB keep hiring people that are way more into fighting games than Jeff but are way worse at fighting games than Jeff?

Volotaire

I have been following them since Jeff and Dan did that periscope livestream where they tried to figure out how to work the studio. That was the video that made me start watching them regularly.

(Or at least that is how far back I can remember)

Edit: I actually remember watching them finagle the PS4 around at an E3, so maybe it was actually 2013? Idk man

I learned of Jeff from the Kayne & Lynch debacle.

I started watching/listening to GB since early 2012 so since they were bought by CBS. CBS All Access era.

Just finished Prey, took me 30 hours and did all the side missions which were super interesting in that not only did it introduce me to interesting characters that had some depth to them but it also opens up even more ways to finish the game. That ending was also pretty fucking cool. Loved it, great game. Back to Nier Automata now!

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

Gamespot era. End of 2004.

Catvoca

Banned

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

Started following them around 2011. Patrick was just starting at the site iirc.

I watched E3 coverage on Gamespot in 2003 when I was 13.

I've been a fan of the guys since then. Always listened to Hotspot, watched On The Spot, Button Mashing, Tournament TV, etc etc.

So that's 14 years now. Jesus.

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

Same here. Gamespot was kind of my go-to site for reviews at the time, I tried out the Hotspot on a whim, and I probably haven't missed a single week since then. It was the mix of personalities and Jeff and Ryan's comedic sensibilities that drew me in.

Hasney

Just finishing UPF. Mutant Football League looks great for an alpha. Really hope that pans out.

Can't believe the NBA Playground team didn't get the Midway announcer if he was available though.

Aselith

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

I started reading Giantbomb back in 2001 when Chet was still on the site

Gamespot era?
San Fransisco Basement?
CBS All Access era?
videogames.com

Used to be an avid listener to On the Spot back in the day "YOU CANNOT BEAT A HUNDRED PERCENT, VINNY!". I didn't have internet for a few years and later got back into them from the Whiskey Media Scrub League stream for Mortal Kombat 9.

If you ever think this thread is weird, just remember that the Waypoint forums are arguing about whether Ben is problematic for making fun of vaporwave fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom