• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

Banned
That's happened to me lately, they upload on their Youtube channel as well so go watch there.

I have been. But I can't watch TNT or Bladerunner. Today is the only time this has happened, usually the servers a amazingly fast.

I'm in Australia BTW so maybe it's a region thing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey, I'm from australia too.

Conspiracy?

Problem with youtube is that they don't host subscriber content there for obvious reasons, and that's all I wanted today. :(

The theme for the GOTY videos needs to be "Corporate Whores" with each video being sponsored by made up corporate sponsers. "I'm Jeff Gerstmann and these are my top 10 games brought to you buy 'Super Poopers', the only adult diaper made specifically for gamers. Drop a deuce on it! Yeaaaaah!" *explosion effect*

demidar

Hey, I'm from australia too.

Conspiracy?

Problem with youtube is that they don't host subscriber content there for obvious reasons, and that's all I wanted today. :(

Well in that case I think you're shit outta luck.

The theme for the GOTY videos needs to be "Corporate Whores" with each video being sponsored by made up corporate sponsers. "I'm Jeff Gerstmann and these are my top 10 games brought to you buy 'Super Poopers', the only adult diaper made specifically for gamers. Drop a deuce on it! Yeaaaaah!" *explosion effect*

I was thinking hokey wrestling introductions complete with sparks and chanting, but I don't know how that would be pulled off. Maybe someone will get the chair as well.

Gomu Gomu

Oh wow
KuGsj.gif
. I've listened to the whole Thumbs library twice, and I don't remember that.

That's a pretty good idea.

Hoo-doo

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with Halo 4's framerate when playing online?

For a franchise popular for the multiplayer like this it seems completely unacceptable.

What the fuck is wrong with Halo 4's framerate when playing online?

For a franchise popular for the multiplayer like this it seems completely unacceptable.
I have a feeling it's actually how it handles lag from experiencing a little bit of it while playing co-op on launch.

Wunder

WWE movies were amazing - I refuse to believe Ghost Problems more was made by the same guy though. He referenced Time Rock which means he's a bomber too, so I think it was another fan made sequel. Also interesting to finally hear Jeff's 'outburst' on eSports and his thoughts on multiplayer in FPS games, but I don't think a lot of this crazy stuff would work as a main draw as it really is kind of a neat attraction and side thing rather than a full fledged game, and it would probably get boring fast.

Also Blade Runner pt 2 yaaaaaaaaaaaay

TNT was really weird, hearing Jeff go off on some aspect of Halo 4 he didn't like right before/after Drew and Brad said that they loved that part.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
WWE movies were amazing - I refuse to believe Ghost Problems more was made by the same guy though. He referenced Time Rock which means he's a bomber too, so I think it was another fan made sequel.

Pretty sure the guy who made the original GP was a GB fan to begin with and posted a comment on the WWE 13 QL.

Xater

Are they doing some live thing today? I liked it when they did stuff on Fridays. Then I can usually actually watch it live...

derFeef

TNT was really weird, hearing Jeff go off on some aspect of Halo 4 he didn't like right before/after Drew and Brad said that they loved that part.

Yeah, just like in the quicklook, he seems to not enjoy it albeit 4/5. I wanted some Brad and Drew Halo talk, but nah :/

Rapstah

I could see "shitty youtube channels" as their GOTY theme as it seems to have been a running joke between Jeff and Ryan for like two months now without any real mention on the Bombcast. It's because they're trying to keep it secret, right!!!

FStop7

Banned
Jeff Hoarders
Ryan Storage Wars
Vinny Jersey Shore
Brad Top Chef
Patrick The Real World
Drew Pawn Stars or Cops

That actually makes a lot of sense.
Jeff would be on Hoarders.
Ryan would be on Storage Wars.
Vinny would be on Jersey Shores.
Brad would be on... I don't know, The Amazing Race?
And Drew would be on Cops.
Not sure how you fit Patrick, though.

Come on now, it's a slower paced game than most PC shooters. But it was tailor made to be perfectly balanced and require skills when using thumb sticks.

a classic
KuGsj.gif

MonsterDunk

Giant Bomb eSports Editor
Cool, so it's not just me. Wonder what's changed. The boxee app has basically been unusable for almost a month now.

If you're using Google DNS, don't. They seem to pick a weird, long path to our particular Amazon cluster that makes everything run like garbage.

If you're not using Google DNS and it still runs like garbage, I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure we're moving all our video off of Amazon when the new site launches, so hopefully that'll lead to better speeds.

If you're using Google DNS, don't. They seem to pick a weird, long path to our particular Amazon cluster that makes everything run like garbage.

If you're not using Google DNS and it still runs like garbage, I have no idea. But I'm pretty sure we're moving all our video off of Amazon when the new site launches, so hopefully that'll lead to better speeds.

Well that's interesting. That definitely explains the problems I was having back when I used a Google DNS.

kai3345

Banned
Man, I never played ToeJam and Earl as a kid, but that quick look makes me really want to go out and buy it.

Also I just discovered Suburban All-Stars. I'm liking it a lot better than Midnight Brown. Did they put out any other albums besides Karaoke Godfathers?

theRizzle

Man, they opened my package on the newest mailbag and didn't even find the note. And they said it was from France, but it's from Canada.

lol

Megasoum

Banned
Man, they opened my package on the newest mailbag and didn't even find the note. And they said it was from France, but it's from Canada.

lol

Amazing package man!

And yeah they said it was from Canada afterward. you can clearly see the Canada Post stickers too.

oh...and Dollorama FTW lol

lol
Sorry, Rizzle. : (
Jeff said that they spelled it "vidjya" in Canada, so that's something. Plus, he seemed really excited over the contents, so I think you made his evening, haha.

Man, you really sent some rad stuff. That's one of the best boxes they've ever gotten.

Drew allergic to macadamia nuts?! Oh man, that sucks.

AcridMeat

Banned

lol
What was the occasion? The only thing I could think of was clearing storage. Seriously awesome stuff. Poor Hawaiian chocolates guy overshadowed.

theRizzle

That was exactly the occasion. I explained it in the apparently unfound letter. Which to be honest is probably my fault since I jammed it in the side last minute along with the "moist towelettes". But they sure as shit found those.

My dad is moving and in the midst of helping him move I found some stuff that I had packed away and forgotten about probably 10 years or so ago. Instead of tossing it out I figured I would send them the box, especially since they are now apparently trying to "Quick Look" everything.

The Choclatier and Canada Hunt games are in there because I saw them when shopping for someone else and figured they looked sufficiently terrible to warrant a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom