• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
2362981-tnt_11_8_12_b0nd07.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Between AC 3 and watching this, I don't want to buy any more console games until next gen. It looks like they can barely hold onto it.

I feel like it's a PC where I'm buying 360 games and having to ask 'but will this run well on my system?'. I'm scared of GTA 5.

You can see where the line of thought comes from. Consoles obviously haven't gotten better, but if you put out a fifth or sixth game on the same console that looks similar reviews are going to complain, so they're settling for making it a little shinier but letting the performance suffer. It's just a shame that practically none of the reviews are knocking them for it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
You can see where the line of thought comes from. Consoles obviously haven't gotten better, but if you put out a fifth or sixth game on the same console that looks similar reviews are going to knock it for that, so they're settling for making it a little shinier but letting the performance suffer. It's just a shame that practically none of the reviews are knocking them for it.

what on earth are you babbling on about?

Curufinwe

You can see where the line of thought comes from. Consoles obviously haven't gotten better, but if you put out a fifth or sixth game on the same console that looks similar reviews are going to complain, so they're settling for making it a little shinier but letting the performance suffer. It's just a shame that practically none of the reviews are knocking them for it.

Halo 4 looks better than Reach and has a better framerate.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-halo-4

It's a different situation than AC 3 and the last few AC games.

Curufinwe

The sub-HD stylings of Reach appealing to you more personally doesn't change the fact that Halo 4 is definitely doing more graphically, while running at a higher resolution and at a better frame rate

reggie

Banned
How many WWE stories did they show on TNT? I want to watch them, but want to skip all the Halo stuff.

"Performs better" does not equal "looks better." I really hate the way Halo 4 looks, and love Reach.

Reach is the ugliest Halo game. Stale, dim, and flat colours mixed with boring art design. Yawn.

Gomu Gomu

Someone else on here mentioned that a reality show theme might make sense, as they've talked about those a fair bit; Hoarders, that Storage show, etc.
That actually makes a lot of sense.
Jeff would be on Hoarders.
Ryan would be on Storage Wars.
Vinny would be on Jersey Shores.
Brad would be on... I don't know, The Amazing Race?
And Drew would be on Cops.
Not sure how you fit Patrick, though.

What do you expect? People are using thumb sticks to aim. It boggles my mind it's an e sport.

Come on now, it's a slower paced game than most PC shooters. But it was tailor made to be perfectly balanced and require skills when using thumb sticks.

a classic
KuGsj.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
They really should just release the story editor separately so I can make stories without having to buy a wrestling game.

Duffyside

Banned
Hate knowing that I almost certainly miss great moments because a video doesn't seem interesting from its screen/summary or my own information. I almost, ALMOST, didn't bother with that Ravaged Quick Look. As soon as I heard Vinny's voice though, I knew it would be special.

Hate knowing that I almost certainly miss great moments because a video doesn't seem interesting from its screen/summary or my own information. I almost, ALMOST, didn't bother with that Ravaged Quick Look. As soon as I heard Vinny's voice though, I knew it would be special.

iNpDfd4JyHNfA.gif

Jamie OD

Patrick would be on Ghost Hunters.

Haunted

I'm sure there's a horror-themed reality TV show out there somewhere.

They really should just release the story editor separately so I can make stories without having to buy a wrestling game.
Was I the only one who thought the story editor looked like complete garbage? Terrible load times, an absolutely shitty UI, super limited options, no previews for anything.

Imagine the potential if it weren't a piece of shit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are the giantbomb servers incredibly slow now or is it just something on my end?

I seem to be getting really slow download speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom