• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love me some screensavers. I have mine set to mystify, currently.

It is also worth noting that I am the most insanely paranoid person you will ever meet when it comes to screen burn in. Just thought I should mention that.

Lijik

Finally got around to watching that Quoted For Truth episode Ryan was on. Holy shit, he's on fire.
"Name me 10 vita games, you know what name me five vita games"
And the list boils down to just Hot Shots and Gravity Rush, and the guy more or less is making up games by the end "Um... Oogie Boogie ... puzzle game??"

"Tell me you're wrong, because you're fucking wrong" Damn.

Red UFO

So, after watching one episode every week day for the past however many months, I finally watched the Persona 4 endurance run. What a journey, makes the other Endurance Runs seem so forced, and kinda pathetic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's a bit harsh on the deadly premonitions ER. I enjoyed both of them.

But yeah, ERs need natural enthusiasm to flow. Also Vinny.

Megasoum

Banned
I really can't get into the Persona 4 ER for some reasons, I tried multiple times and I get borred to death after a couple of episodes.

noobasuar

Banned
I really can't get into the Persona 4 ER for some reasons, I tried multiple times and I get borred to death after a couple of episodes.

I wouldn't skip any episodes like people are suggesting and I would just recommend that you try to push through. I still think the P4 endurance run is the best thing that GiantBomb has put out and I doubt it will ever be surpassed.

I've watched it the whole way through 3-4 times already and still love it. Vinny and Jeff are the best.

I wouldn't skip any episodes like people are suggesting and I would just recommend that you try to push through. I still think the P4 endurance run is the best thing that GiantBomb has put out and I doubt it will ever be surpassed.

I've watched it the whole way through 3-4 times already and still love it. Vinny and Jeff are the best.

Absolutely. The Grinding episodes are great because they start talking about random stuff. Its like a bombcast during the ER.

SmithnCo

The first several hours of the game (and thus the ER) are incredibly boring. I barely made it past the beginning.

Yeah, It certainly doesn't pick up until at least five to ten episodes, because the entire beginning is exposition and set-up. Luckily I started it when they were already eight episodes in so I could marathon past the intro.

Still, can't argue that it's one of the best things they've produced, certainly worth watching all the way, except for maybe some boring dungeon eps. But even those could be great, like the one where they start the Ice Cube jokes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Deadly Premonition was a great ER too, Chrono Trigger imo.. not so much.
Man, I can't go back and watch the Chrono Trigger ER. The thread for it was fun, but watching them initiate conversation with people who tell them where to go and what to do and what to go, then proceed to wander about the world map wondering where they're supposed to go (and this not only happened just once but multiple times) was off-putting. But with that said, there are some episodes in that ER that were relatively decent (ex: some of the future episodes).

The DP ER, even though they didn't do everything, was fun because of the commentary and reactions.

Man, I can't go back and watch the Chrono Trigger ER. The thread for it was fun, but watching them initiate conversation with people who tell them where to go and what to do and what to go, then proceed to wander about the world map wondering where they're supposed to go (and this not only happened just once but multiple times) was off-putting. But with that said, there are some episodes in that ER that were relatively decent (ex: some of the future episodes).

The DP ER, even though they didn't do everything, was fun because of the commentary and reactions.

Plus personally for me DP was just a great game. I played it, after watching some of the ER. I don't think I've played anything like it, but it was really.. gripping. I loved the drama, the characters and it was just full of charm.

Brashnir

Plus personally for me DP was just a great game. I played it, after watching some of the ER. I don't think I've played anything like it, but it was really.. gripping. I loved the drama, the characters and it was just full of charm.

What? DP is a TERRIBLE game, but yes, the story and characters are indeed gripping. It's the perfect game to watch somebody else play, since actually playing it makes you hate it.

tsigo

While we're piling on/defending P4, I recently watched all of the ER and I kept wondering why Jeff and Vinny after the fact keep saying how great that game is. Their commentary is the only thing that makes that game interesting at all.

Half of it is a glorified dating sim with meaningless choices and the other half is an RPG with the most boring combat ever. Everything except boss fights comes down to "cast one of each magic type until you find weakness; pile on; repeat".

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
When they died in DP it was legit because, well, the controls aren't fun. Man, Red Seeds Profile/DP is one of my favourite games of the generation just because of the setting, characters and sidequests alone. The main story may not be fun to play but it was certainly one of the more interesting games of the generation for me.

When they died in Chrono Trigger or came close to it, well, I sorta started rooting for them to die. >.>

I need a TANG for the Chrono Trigger OVA, because that stuff is just well, look at it. :D

While we're piling on/defending P4, I recently watched all of the ER and I kept wondering why Jeff and Vinny after the fact keep saying how great that game is. Their commentary is the only thing that makes that game interesting at all.

Half of it is a glorified dating sim with meaningless choices and the other half is an RPG with the most boring combat ever. Everything except boss fights comes down to "cast one of each magic type until you find weakness; pile on; repeat".

Both of these things are objectively wrong.

Megasoum

Banned
Heh, Jeff is rallying up his Twitter followers' power again Comcast.

Can't blame him, I would do the same. It's ridiculous how he's been trying to give comcast money for over 2 months now and they still hasn't installed cable lol.

Jintor

I don't really understand P4's combat, but the story/characters are really something. I love RPG parties that have a sense of actually being friends.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any time Persona 4 isn't in Social Link mode, it's a boring game.

So basically when it's not a game are the parts where it's not boring.

SerRodrik

Eh, the only part where I'd actually criticize Persona 4 is in it's dungeon design, which is very bland. Combat is good, although it's not Press-Turn good.

Megasoum

Banned
It always amazes me how Twitter works sometime haha. So Jeff mentions he has problems with Comcast (just the word, no @) and within an hour he gets a replied from a verified twitter user who works for Comcast support offering help.

Basically if you have a lot of followers on Twitter, don't bother calling them, it's faster the other way lol.

Note that I'm not complaining, like I said earlier I would totally do the same thing myself if I had the chance. It's just amazing how much "power" it gives you.

What was it last time that Jeff was talking about having people on twitter try to help him out?

I remember the Applebee's thing, but I'm almost positive it was related to cable/phone stuff when he was saying he hated doing that kind of thing.

Megasoum

Banned
What was it last time that Jeff was talking about having people on twitter try to help him out?

I remember the Applebee's thing, but I'm almost positive it was related to cable/phone stuff when he was saying he hated doing that kind of thing.

The only disccusion about that I remember from GB was when Ryan NARC'd people at PAX. When they told that story on the bomcast they were talking about other examples.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

He has said that he hates doing it, but he's done it quite a few times now. It's like how he says that he wants the power of anonymity gone from the internet, but his crazy fanboys are the ones that get on these companies.

Ryan had a situation with a drink a while ago, I think.

joezombie

Jeff had ordered something on the internet, want to say it related to music, and they didn't send it to him. So he complained on twitter and got it resolved. All I can remeber

Curufinwe

Yeah that's bullshit. The battles can be very intense, enough to cause close friends to threaten each other with death, and a lot of the main story segments are as or more interesting than any S Link.

Duffyside

Banned
You guys are nuts. I love the Brono Trigger run. Way better than DP ones. I think the only reasons people don't like that ER are because it involves Patrick (Ryan's worse), and it's a beloved game. The more loved a game is, the more people react negatively.

If I were Jeff, rather than taking the stance of not doing your most popular feature because people can be annoying about it, I would be even more childish. I would pick people's favorite game ever for the next ER, FFVII for instance, and then deliberately play it in the worst way possible while gradually talking about it in an unflattering manner, until the very end where I was shitting on it constantly and calling it the worst game ever. THAT'S how you respond to people's fanboy bullshit; Be a total dick.

Basically if you have a lot of followers on Twitter, don't bother calling them, it's faster the other way lol.

Note that I'm not complaining, like I said earlier I would totally do the same thing myself if I had the chance. It's just amazing how much "power" it gives you.

I don't know, I don't have many followers and the one time I complained (about UPS) I got a response. I think companies are interested in quieting all vocal negative chat about their brands, no matter how many followers a person has, though I'm sure that helps sometimes.

Megasoum

Banned
He has said that he hates doing it, but he's done it quite a few times now. It's like how he says that he wants the power of anonymity gone from the internet, but his crazy fanboys are the ones that get on these companies.

Ryan had a situation with a drink a while ago, I think.

Bah, that kind of thing really doesn't botter me. As long as it's not abused of course. But it's not like he's tweeting product photos to get a paycheck like so many celebrities do. If I had been waiting for a cable tech for over 2 months I would try everything to get it resolved.

I don't know, I don't have many followers and the one time I complained (about UPS) I got a response. I think companies are interested in quieting all vocal negative chat about their brands, no matter how many followers a person has, though I'm sure that helps sometimes.

Oh yeah they do it for everybody to some extent but I'm sure that if they see, for example me and Jeff complain about something, they will go help the confirmed user with 50k followers before the nobody with 3 followers lol. Again, not complaining, I think it's just normal.

kai3345

Banned
Adam Sessler tweeted that he's announcing his future plans (I'm guessing that means his new job) tomorrow morning. He's said it is definitely games related.

Bomb-Squad's newest member maybepossiblyhopefully???

Taxman

Hey guys, so I'm probably going to end up sleeping through the WiiU live thing they're going to do on Sunday. Are their livestreams available afterwards or am I just going to be out of luck?

Megasoum

Banned
Adam Sessler tweeted that he's announcing his future plans (I'm guessing that means his new job) tomorrow morning. He's said it is definitely games related.

That would be great but I doubt it. And they would probably have to bump somebody from the podcast if they get another member in the team.

My guess is the PS Blog since that other dude announced on friday afternoon that he's leaving. Would make sense.

He would do a much better job at hosting than Ryan that's for sure...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

I don't think GB really need any more strong personalities like his.

Duffyside

Banned
I like Sessler, but I don't think he's a good fit. There's something too... established about him. It'd be like hiring Pachter or something. I like Pach as a guest once in a while, but he wouldn't fit in with the guys already there, I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom