• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
I think he'd be awesome. The Bombcast where he was a guest right after he got fired was probably one of my favorite bombcasts.

Who says they have to bump someone from the podcast? Weren't people saying the same thing when Patrick first came on?

And even if they do, bump Ryan, have Jeff take over hosting, problem solved :p

Brads leaving?

What why?

He finally realised he sucks at games and is packing it in.

And Sessler will probably end up at spike with the Doritos pope or he will be a producer / community guy at a random publisher or something like Jeff Green.

Working at a gaming website would probably be a huge step down pay wise unless he is EiC or something.

I suspect the reason its taking him this long to announce something was because he was waiting for something decent.

Edit... actually did Gamespot ever get someone to fill John Davison's position? Maybe thats it but then again they would probably want someone with more experience with gaming websites.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think he'd be awesome. The Bombcast where he was a guest right after he got fired was probably one of my favorite bombcasts.

Who says they have to bump someone from the podcast? Weren't people saying the same thing when Patrick first came on?

And even if they do, bump Ryan, have Jeff take over hosting, problem solved :p

The podcast is bloated enough as it is. They can barely contain it to 3 hours, so another chair will probably bump it to like 4 hours average.

Actually, on second thoughts, bring on the sess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sessler's up there in a tier of his own with Jeff. Probably just below Geoff in terms of video game journalist personalities who are well known.

GB couldn't afford to have him, and if they could, he wouldn't be working as a generic editor.

jediyoshi

Hey guys, so I'm probably going to end up sleeping through the WiiU live thing they're going to do on Sunday. Are their livestreams available afterwards or am I just going to be out of luck?

They're probably going to cut them up afterwards as quick looks.

I remember having the Johnny Castaway screensaver on my old Windows 95 machine, it was a guy on a deserted island doing all kinds of random shit. I used to love it so much.

I read somewhere that Johnny Castaway was Sierra head Ken Williams' favorite Sierra product ever, because it cost virtually nothing and sold HUGE. He was strictly a $ guy, not creative at all, so he was all about the ROI.

The only context in which I hear the term "screen saver" is from older people at work, who use the term when talking about their desktop background.

MG310

Sessler is going to be the Bob Barker of CBS Interactive Presents: The Giant Bomb 2012 Game of the Year Extravaganza.

ArjanN

So your saying they need someone with a weak personality. Like Matt bodega or Steve lemon?!

I actually think they could use some weak personalities. Just keep them off camera doing all the busywork, so the main guys can produce more video.

They need another video guy more then they need another writer / reviewer.

Ryan has only reviewed 2 (3?) games this year so its not like they are understaffed editorially.

Right now they seem to be able to cover everything they want to cover but only having 2 video guys is a bit of a bottleneck since they are pretty video heavy.

Are Drew and Vinny handling Comic Vines video stuff? Does Comic Vine still do videos?

I read somewhere that Johnny Castaway was Sierra head Ken Williams' favorite Sierra product ever, because it cost virtually nothing and sold HUGE. He was strictly a $ guy, not creative at all, so he was all about the ROI.

The only context in which I hear the term "screen saver" is from older people at work, who use the term when talking about their desktop background.

The thing I never understood about Johnny Castaway was how 90% of the screen stayed stationary. Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a screensaver?

Ketch

Not that I think they are getting Sessler (would be awesome if they did) but why would they have to bump someone from the podcast? They've never cared about how long it is, and pretty sure they've even said longer is better.

Or they could just try harder to avoid derailing the talk, or rotate people per week based on the schedule, or have more then one podcast.

It would be nice if they had another staff member or three, Sessler or not, and I don't think it would result in anyone else getting bumped or any thing except more content for us.

def sim

I actually think they could use some weak personalities. Just keep them off camera doing all the busywork, so the main guys can produce more video.

I'm sure they can get some regular ass people to do the same. No need to put up a craigslist ad looking for boring workers with experience.

Brad's leaving. Brad never leaves.

War has changed, War never changes.
And, yet, Brad himself has changed. Of that much I am certain!

The guy conquered the butterflies in his stomach his fears and had a great interview with John Carmack, reached a state of transcendence while playing Journey, exemplified leadership in safety at the workplace, completed some of his Breaking Brad challenges, competed in the summer and winter Olympics, sent off his thumbdrive for his Mass Effect saves, survived his tour of Steel Battalion, and has started growing an amazing beard.

Team Brad, indeed.

ArjanN

I'm sure they can get some regular ass people to do the same. No need to put up a craigslist ad looking for boring workers with experience.

'Twas a joke. I meant they should have more off-camera people, their personality is irrelevant anyway if we're not seeing them.

I like Sessler, but they don't really need another 'big' personality, too many of those tends to turn podcasts into clusterfucks where everyone talks over each other.

linko9

I can't stand Sessler. Makes obnoxious definitive statements with nothing to back them up. And he's not funny. And he tends to dominate conversations. Yall don't know how good you've got it with Brad. Chap's a real team player, right ho.

Megasoum

Banned
I can't stand Sessler. Makes obnoxious definitive statements with nothing to back them up. And he's not funny. And he tends to dominate conversations. Yall don't know how good you've got it with Brad. Chap's a real team player, right ho.

I don't know where you've seen him but I used to watch Feedback everyweek back when Patrick, Adam and Abby were on it and he was a GREAT host (much better than Ryan even...).

I miss the old Feedback, was nice to watch that every week. That's where I discovered Patrick..around the time of the IW thing I guess.

Loxley

Why the hell does this thread insist on conjuring bullshit rumors about X member of the GB crew leaving every other month?

You know who they need?

That Guy From GameTrailers Who Narrates Everything.

Awful puns at the start of every video. A new age.

He could just narrate over I Love Mondays.

"It looks like the Bomb Crew just got another review copy in the mail... tune in this week to find out if the game is a letter bomb, or if good things really do come in small packages."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom