• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Jeff call cartridges 'tapes' ironically, and now it's just stuck? Or is that a California thing? Where I come from, people who call cartridges 'tapes' are generally very very very old.

At least there's ironic value in calling them "tapes."

Unlike continuing that awful West Coast custom of saying "Ness" and "Sness" (shudder)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Someone needs to tell me what happened ot the gbtntarchive guy on youtube. One of my favorite TNTs was on there. The Super SF with Drew, Coonce, and Vinny, and I want to watch it again, but it's not on the site.

FStop7

Banned
Oh man, Jeff just ordered some glasses that are supposed to help correct color blindness. Going to be weird seeing him wear glasses regularly. Assuming they work.

Also, something about a monkey virus injected in his eyes.

free-3-d-glasses.jpg

Rufus

Because they haven't actually done any work for over a year? I'm baffled as to how they even stay in business.
The last thing I heard was that they were doing some Street Fighter documentary for Capcom a few months ago and before that they did a lot of videos for Crytek.

Someone needs to tell me what happened ot the gbtntarchive guy on youtube. One of my favorite TNTs was on there. The Super SF with Drew, Coonce, and Vinny, and I want to watch it again, but it's not on the site.

Yeah I bookmarked that channel too and it went down before I could ever watch anything.

netBuff

Because they haven't actually done any work for over a year? I'm baffled as to how they even stay in business.

Judging from recent comments on Rebel FM, I'm pretty sure Area5 do plenty of work, but not the kind of work they themselves get credit for but contract work for other companies.

Matt Chandronait said something to the effect of "you'll see our work but never know about it".

But you didn't deny Brad leaving.

I think Patrick forced Brad out of GiantBomb because he dislikes him.

Haunted

Judging from recent comments on Rebel FM, I'm pretty sure Area5 do plenty of work, but not the kind of work they themselves get credit for but contract work for other companies.

Matt Chandronait said something to the effect of "you'll see our work but never know about it".
So basically, area5 are the TOSE of video content production.

You know who they need?

That Guy From GameTrailers Who Narrates Everything.

Awful puns at the start of every video. A new age.
wil this flight club quicklook soar to the heavens or come crashing down

shoot me now

Rapstah

Jeff seems to have been approached by some shady Comcast Twitter account that probably reacted on him using "fucking" and "Comcast" in the same tweet. It's as if someone over there listens to the Bomcast. Those two discussions - companies approaching you on Twitter and Comcast recently - were both great.

The best thing that could happen right now, for the sake of narrative, would be if the Comcast door guy and the Comcast twitter guy somehow counteracted each other and fucked up the case beyond recognition in the database.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
Area 5's primary focus these days is doing behind the scenes video work, and non video gaming related material. They recently filmed TED talks in the area, they regularly work with Activision, and have a heavy focus in 3D. You make assumptions because they don't have forward facing editorial anymore. They are actually very successful, just in a different way.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Patrick, lemme give you a pitch real quick.

Ready? Here goes.

Frog Fractions Endurance Run.

daycru

Stop talking about Area 5, I miss 1UP Show/Co-op way too much :(

They should be hired by SF to produce tourism ads, they made that place look so magical.

I would like to watch I love mondays but the video player is not working.

Anyone been having this problem recently? Maybe its just a chrome thing because its only been happening the last few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom