• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread The Third: #TeamBrad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I stayed up late on a school night to finish Rogue Galaxy, and I died at the end. The boss fight is like... 6 different segments and you have to do them all the way over again.

I watched the youtube ending and said I beat it.

And I would like to throw my hat in and say great job on the Unprofessional Friday stuff as well. If anyone's reading, that and Jar Time are my favorite features now. By a lot.

GavinGT

Banned
And I would like to throw my hat in and say great job on the Unprofessional Friday stuff as well. If anyone's reading, that and Jar Time are my favorite features now. By a lot.

Random PC game is still the best. Remember when they started playing Phanstasmagoria and it turned into an Endurance Run? Yeah, that was awesome.

So, having played Saints Row The Third for the first time last weekend, I wanted to play another open world game, so I bought Sleeping Dogs on sale yesterday. When does the game get fun, or am I just playing it wrong? Emma Stone disappeared after I took her to a tourist martial arts school, Tom Wilkinson has seemingly left the game after we recreated a crime scene (when you first get the gun).

Do I need to be doing side missions or something? I am on main mission "Dockyard Heist" and still haven't increased my face. I did some of the yellow side missions, but I still don't have Face 2, which means I can't buy cars or clothes of any value. I struggle with the driving in this game more than other open world games, so I don't really want to do races.

I'm just not getting much fun out of the game. The story isn't that interesting, the characters are paper thin, or ludicrous in stupid ways (the lady with the meat cleaver)... I wish I could just use a trainer and hack the game to do dumb stuff. I like some aspects of it, such as the recreation of Hong Kong and the premise, but that's about it.

Oh well. Once this is done, it's on to XCOM.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The characters aren't all paper thin, or at least by the end they're not.

Also, just fuck around. Have some fun. Don't stick to missions. It's an open world game. Go do dumb stuff.

C1EwXs8.png

Maaaaaybe it can happen. Fingers crossed if the bombdudes see it enough.

jvalioli

I just saw Patrick Klepek walking on the street at like 1am. I feel dirty for recognizing someone from the internet out in the wild.

GavinGT

Banned
I just saw Patrick Klepek walking on the street at like 1am. I feel dirty for recognizing someone from the internet out in the wild.

Please tell me you spouted out some obscure Giant Bomb meme.

A Jurassic Park reference or a simple "pick up the purse!" would have sufficed.

jvalioli

Nah. 1 AM in one of the sketchiest SF neighborhoods and he was walking only with his wife(?). Probably the worst time to approach him and say something stupid. Normally I would have had a chat with him; he always comes off as a nice dude.

netBuff

I hope you followed him and murmured to yourself about his Game of the Year list while walking uncomfortably close behind Patrick.

Nah. 1 AM in one of the sketchiest SF neighborhoods and he was walking only with his wife(?). Probably the worst time to approach him and say something stupid. Normally I would have had a chat with him; he always comes off as a nice dude.

And this is how she found out patrick was out with another woman at 1 am...

[/drama]

I went back to listen to the first Giantbombcast because I am that starved for content.. Now that was some really wild times. It's actually still really fun to listen to too out of date, and everything. Jeff and ryan were talking about how it should be beatles rockband when it rumored to be a guitar hero game. Drink reviews before chatting about games, talk of ferniture purchases, and spending 2,5000 USD on a street fighter 4 machine.

So much fun. Anybody know the date of the first podcast with vinny and brad? *Edit* That date is 6-03-2008.

GavinGT

Banned
And this is how she found out patrick was out with another woman at 1 am...

[/drama]

I went back to listen to the first Giantbombcast because I am that starved for content.. Now that was some really wild times. It's actually still really fun to listen to too out of date, and everything. Jeff and ryan were talking about how it should be beatles rockband when it rumored to be a guitar hero game. Drink reviews before chatting about games, talk of ferniture purchases, and spending 2,5000 USD on a street fighter 4 machine.

So much fun. Anybody know the date of the first podcast with vinny and brad? *Edit* That date is 6-03-2008.

Oh yeah, if you haven't yet, don't forget to check out the Arrow Pointing Down podcasts. Now THAT is a fucking theme song.

FStop7

Banned

The Tenderloin?

Now taking suggestions for Thread #4 names!

Hopefully if the next one goes by this quickly it's not because of an insane amount of complaining and insane ramblings.

Rapstah

Giant Bomb |OT4|: A world of percieved slights

Giant Bomb |OT4|: Are we getting a Bombcast this week???

Giant Bomb |OT4|: Brad wins the "who would you want as your dad" competition 2013

Giant Bomb |OT4| Screw Brad.

Lets go from one extreme to the other.

Or hell who not just be honest with outselves and call it the Vinny and Drew |OT| and GiantBomb as well I guess.

Zaph

Another vote for Perceived Slights. For better or worse, lets keep this Brad theme running.

Plus, we all know he secretly gets his kicks out of the attention

megalowho

Thread strikes a better tone than "world" or "life," makes it sound more like a friendly dig at all of us instead of just picking on Brad. Would rather not highlight the bitchiness that this conversation devolves to at times in the title, but hey if I think of anything better I'll post it :)

would be fucking perfect

How about "A thread of percieved slights"?

Another vote for Perceived Slights. For better or worse, lets keep this Brad theme running.

Plus, we all know he secretly gets his kicks out of the attention

This one right here.

+1 for "Perceived slights"

I think we might have an early winner.

jmood88

I really wish they would do more video things than "watch us play videogames." Remember TANG? :(

Fuck, give us video reviews back. You do NOT need to record extra game footage. Look at Half-In-The-Bag, they managed to do video reviews with nothing but trailer footage.

What's the point of a video review when they generally have Quicklooks of every game they review? TANG/WUTANG was great but it's absence is probably due to a lack of video game-related movies.

Haunted

I think Jeff is going to straight up murder Drew and/or Vinny if they have him sit through more CV and Flight Club on the next unprofessional Friday. :lol :lol

90% of Jeff footage during the startup segment could've been subtitled with [screaming internally].

demidar

I think Jeff is going to straight up murder Drew and/or Vinny if they have him sit through more CV and Flight Club on the next unprofessional Friday. :lol :lol

90% of Jeff footage during the startup segment could've been subtitled with [screaming internally].

But suffering is fun to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom