• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 1/2 (PS4/V/PC), Gundam Extreme Vs, JoJo Eyes of Heaven Heading Westward

Ridley327

PSO is basically consolized 3rd Person Diablo with cooler boss fights though. Do these others take on that Diablo style of dungeon crawling, or no?
Not at all. The only things PSO and MH (and hunting action in general) have in common is the 4-player setup.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm only interested in gundam, even if i would have preferred gundam breaker, but i'm happy for those who wanted god(no more gods?) eater, i loved the first one on the psp but i'm not a fan of the genre so i'll skip them, one thing though will they be released both at the same time? It would be stupid unless there will be a bundle...

A.E Suggs

Well, that's it. You got me. I'm sold. Take my money.

Why are people hyped about this when both tales of zesteria and one piece warriors 3 were both on PC?

But yeah this is all around good news. Tales of besteria getting a confirmation early hopefully means the game will be out quicker for the west. I'm really hyped about gundam vs, now I don't have to import.

I would have taken the other Vita Tales game over God Eater. Disappointing.

But the other vita tales game is only on vita, god eater is on 3 systems.

Reset

But the other vita tales game is only on vita, god eater is on 3 systems.
Ok? I don't really care that it's only on the Vita. I'll take a game that looks decent and is only on one platform over a game that looks like another Monster Hunter clone, but on three platforms.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was only on the Vita, but for the Western release they're porting it over t the PS4 as well. I'm sure if Namco cares enough they could have done the same with the Tales game.

Ok? I don't really care that it's only on the Vita. I'll take a game that looks decent and is only on one platform over a game that looks like another Monster Hunter clone, but on three platforms.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was only on the Vita, but for the Western release they're porting it over t the PS4 as well. I'm sure if Namco cares enough they could have done the same with the Tales game.
Ugh. MonHun elitists. Yay.

A.E Suggs

Not really, tales of innocense is kinda ugly even of a vita game. Digimon actually looks ok/good for a vita game. A game being on 3 platforms means its in more hands. I'm more of a tales fan myself but lets be serious here, tales of innocence was gonna bomb here if they released it. Last thing we need is more tales games not selling well.

t26

innocense is a basically a DS game. There is no way to make it look good on PS4 without some major work.

Reset

Not really, tales of innocense is kinda ugly even of a vita game. Digimon actually looks ok/good for a vita game. A game being on 3 platforms means its in more hands. I'm more of a tales fan myself but lets be serious here, tales of innocence was gonna bomb here if they released it. Last thing we need is more tales games not selling well.

I don't care if it would have sold worse than God Eater. It doesn't change the fact I rather have the Tales game over another hunting game. And it being on more platforms doesn't matter to me.

Syril

God Eater was one of the first hunting action games to be made after Monster Hunter took off right? Does it measure up at all?

Squishy3

My life would be complete if Gundam Vs landed on PC.
What, Rise of the Incarnates wasn't good enough for you? :p

I really hope nobody who only just got into Jojo's plays or looks at any of the Eyes of Heaven stuff. It's got spoilers from every single part in it.

SkyOdin

God Eater was one of the first hunting action games to be made after Monster Hunter took off right? Does it measure up at all?
It isn't quite as deep, and lacks the variety of weapons and monsters, but it is more accesible and has really good AI allies. I'd say God Eater is a perfectly good Hunting game, with different strengths and weaknesses than Monster Hunter.

higemaru

God Eater seems neat. I always confuse it with Soul Sacrifice for some reason. I might check out one of the God Eater games during a Steam sale.

That Jojo's game is what really captured my interest. Can't wait to buy it, play as Stroheim and Speedwagon a handful of times and never touch it again.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Completely different game, God Eater is fast paced, focused on guns with bullet editor, has a story and so on, same genre but very different gameplay.

SkyOdin

God Eater looks like it has a story unlike MH. Is that the case? If so that could be my jam right there.
Yeah, it has a story. The game gives you a large cast of AI allies for single-player too, and these allies have the best AI of any game I've played. They are incredibly useful without overshadowing the player. The writing itself isn't the best in the world though, but the setting is a pretty distinct take on post-apocalyptic.

inner-G

Banned
We are getting both God Eater games AND Gundam Vs O_O!

Man, 2016 is going to kill it for the Vita :').

Bamco is releasing a lot for the console next year:
-Digimon Cyber Sleuth
-God Eater Resurrection
-God Eater 2 Rage Burst
-Gundam Vs.
-One Piece Burning Blood
-Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
-Ray Giant (though that is being localized by a different company)

Next year is going to kill it :D.
+ Naruto PS4/XBO, right?

Edit: ah, you meant vita-only

Mentok

Banned
Me reading the OP:

Jojo's - I suck at fighting games, so not interested
Burning Blood - See Jojo's
Gundam Extreme VsF - Don't have a Vita, but happy/jealous for those that do (damn it I want a PS4 mech game already!)
Berseria - Not surprised, I can't think of a Tales that hasn't been localized
GE: Resurrection....AND GE2RB.....

BOTH GEs?!

tumblr_netmfqnBpr1rys67xo2_250.gif

I wonder if it's a package deal, or individual releases? Definitely going to pick them up! I loved MonHun, but didn't enjoy Toukiden. Most have told me GE is better, so I always wanted to try these.

Boogdud

I'm thrilled to have a non-musha Gundam get released in the west, but I'm really hoping the eventual poor Vita sales won't be the excuse to not release anything Gundam-related on the ps4 in the west in the future.

edit: won't! not will! oiy

Mentok

Banned
I'm thrilled to have a non-musha Gundam get released in the west, but I'm really hoping the eventual poor Vita sales will be the excuse to not release anything Gundam-related on the ps4 in the west in the future.

Wait... what? May I ask why?

Boogdud

Wait... what? May I ask why?

What I mean is, the userbase for the Vita is already low out of the gate in the west. So when it's released and eventually doesn't sell like gangbusters namco will use that as excuse to not port future Gundam titles to the west. Does that make sense?

We got passed up on all of the PS3 versions of burst and there haven't been any real Gundam game localizations outside of a few musou titles in almost an entire console generation. I'm just worried they're using the vita to 'test the waters' which is probably not the best idea.

(I realize now I said "musha" in my original post, I meant musou.. musha would be awesome... >.>)

Mentok

Banned
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Destiny 2
Tales of Innocence

Stand correct, but let me rephrase it: I can't think of a modern Tales that hasn't been localized.

What I mean is, the userbase for the Vita is already low out of the gate in the west. So when it's released and eventually doesn't sell like gangbusters namco will use that as excuse to not port future Gundam titles to the west. Does that make sense?

We got passed up on all of the PS3 versions of burst and there haven't been any real Gundam game localizations outside of a few musou titles in almost an entire console generation. I'm just worried they're using the vita to 'test the waters' which is probably not the best idea.

Ahhh, okay! Your original post made it seem like you wished they didn't release a Gundam PS4 game to the west. Yeah I get what you're saying and agree...I'd love a PS4 Gundam game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

(I realize now I said "musha" in my original post, I meant musou.. musha would be awesome... >.>)

You said you were "hoping".

JayEH

So hype for Jojo. Sucks that we're going to get dumb name changes but at least we're getting the game.

Top Bottom