• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension reviews

ToddPapy

Sony Santa Monica
My blades are one upgrade away from being fully powered up, am I screwed? Could you PM me on how you got through it? That part is kicking my ass and I am playing it on Hard. I die before I get to the second floor...

Use your magic the first stage, then CS kill the medusas/sirens to replenish your magic. CS kill the Amazons on stage 2 to get health back

Endo Punk

I've been saying this since the first time it was mentioned in this thread. Twice, at least.

That trophy is nothing to do with that stomping bit.

I was caught off-guard by his review, out of nowhere he acted like the game commited the biggest sin ever. As someone I enjoy listening to what he has to say about games and having seen the video of that scene I have to say I'm embarrassed for Sessler, he made it sound far worse than it actually is.

test_account

XP-39C²
Yeah, but the other ones got fantastic reviews, so obviously there's a decline in quality here.
Not necessarily. Reviews scores will never be key answers to if a game is good or not (then i'm not just thinking about technical things like graphics etc., but how good and enjoyable the story and gameplay is etc., this will be very subjective). With pretty much every game you see mixed review scores. Reviews are afterall subjective things :)

sigh, Games Journalism:

BOQcm2k.png

Why did this guy review it?
Why would someone who enjoys games question why a game excist? Nothing wrong with not being interested in the game of course, but why ask why the game excist? I think the answer is pretty clear, the game excist so that fans of the serie have something to play, and maybe trying to expand the audience by adding multiplayer. It is also an attempt to make more money of course, that goes for 99% of all games out there.

I think the whole "burnt out" argument can be applied to games like Halo, COD, Assassin's Creed, Forza, and maybe even Uncharted. But those games have good gameplay to begin with. God of War never did. It's always been a game with great spectacles but light and fluffy gameplay. I'm just glad reviewers are waking up to this.
God of War doesnt have anymore fluffy gameplay than the other games. If you play on easy or normal difficulty, maybe you can breeze your way through the game, but this applies to almost all games, in my opinion. This time there is multiplayer as well, which is something new in the God of War franchise.

Top Bottom