• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War PS4 playable from start to finish

Boke1879

You are grossly over estimating running games at a higher res and more power, most don't care. Sony could not have 1 exclusive this fall and be fine. You forgetting people didn't just jump from 360 to ps4 because of power right? It was 100 more, kinect, DRM backlash.....those were all bigger factors.

Quite frankly people are overestimating what Scorpio is going to do. I doubt RDR2 will look that much better in Scorpio. Not to mention price will always be king and Sony has big marketing deals. Sony isn't releasing GOW in the middle of RDR, Destiny, battlefront etc

Quite frankly people are overestimating what Scorpio is going to do. I doubt RDR2 will look that much better in Scorpio. Not to mention price will always be king and Sony has big marketing deals. Sony isn't releasing GOW in the middle of RDR, Destiny, battlefront etc

Yes they are, many seem to think it is going to do gangbusters, disappointment awaits.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Unlikely. Probably going to be a March 2018 title like GoW3.

They finished the development and by the begining of december they're close to finish motion capture. By now, chances are they're just doing refinements to get to the final direction, so a launch window this semester is very likely.

yurinka

So they'll make a bundle with the big third-party titles not put their next big gamen in the crossfire. They've shown they won't do it time and time again

Rd2 bundle (if it makes it)
Cod bundle
Battlefront 2 bundle
Destiny 2 bundle (if it makes it)
Family bundle with crash and or knack 2

They're covered

That said can we plz not make this another what will Sony do to counter Scorpio thread
Add (at least for Europe):
Gran Turismo Sports bundle
Detroit bundle
Horizon: Zero Dawn bundle
You can also add Parappa/Loco Roco/Patapon to the family bundle

Sony doesn't need GoW for this Holidays or to compete with Scorpio. It would make more sense to release it in February or March to don't compete directly with CoD/Destiny 2/RDR2/etc.

Kssio_Aug

Would be pretty awesome if they could launch it by the end of 2017. But I guess that may be released in 2018.

Don't understand much about gaming development tbh, but even though the game can be entirely played I'd guess there's still too much to do to put everything in order.

Eggbok

Would be pretty awesome if they could launch it by the end of 2017. But I guess that may be released in 2018.

Don't understand much about gaming development tbh, but even though the game can be entirely played I'd guess there's still too much to do to put everything in order.

I can't see this being anything else other than March 2018, it's God of War! Sony doesn't need to place HUGE exclusives during the holiday window when games like RDR2 and Battlefront II will be coming out.

Kssio_Aug

I can't see this being anything else other than March 2018, it's God of War! Sony doesn't need to place HUGE exclusives during the holiday window when games like RDR2 and Battlefront II will be coming out.

There's also this. PS4 this year seems to be well packed. The more the games the better, but I think it makes more sense to release it next year.

But it's interesting the release of a big AAA title by the end of the year. Could be this, but I'm skeptical.

However, what if they plan to release Final Fantasy VII and The Last of Us 2 next year? Could that make sense on releasing GoW this year?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Good point.

BouncyFrag

Enjoyed 1, loved 2, loved 3, heard the last one wasn't that good, should I catch up prior to this one coming out?
I first tried Ascension immediately after finishing GoW3 and it felt a bit off and stopped. I gave it another go a few months later and this time enjoyed it.

I really hope they port over the hd collection from the PS3 before this comes out. Bluepoint did an amazing job with the remasters.

Kssio_Aug

Enjoyed 1, loved 2, loved 3, heard the last one wasn't that good, should I catch up prior to this one coming out?

I don't think there's gonna be much relation between this and the original trilogy. I haven't played Ascencion either.

I really liked Gears 1, 2 and 3. But when I finished 3 I was like done with the gameplay feeling it should be improved a bunch. Never expected they'd go as far as they are doing with this reboot, but that makes me really excited for the game (it seems really good).

ty_hot

there is no OT (apparently), so this comes here... saw today in Barcelona`s Metro

1akqO06.jpg

For father`s day.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I think someone posted this somewhere else. Roughly translates to "My father is better than your father" or "My father can beat up your father" something of the sort.

Handy Fake

I think someone posted this somewhere else. Roughly translates to "My father is better than your father" or "My father can beat up your father" something of the sort.

The usual British school playground saying is "My Dad's bigger than your Dad". hehe.

I think theres time to launch it either during the heat of E3 or right after end of july, start of august.

If they don't hit that, then its 2018 for sure.

a916

This is VERY promising.

I think what helped Horizon so soooo much is that they had the gameplay on lock 2 years out from release. With that much lead time to finish the game and polish, the gameplay really benefits in my mind.

Top Bottom