• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War PS4 playable from start to finish

Playable from start to finish doesn't necessarily mean things like textures are in place, combat moveset is finalised or boss fights are necessarily in place/finished though, I expect. I still think this is going to be a 2018 game. The end of this year is going to be a bloodbath for anything that's not Destiny, Battlefront or RDR2,and I think it would be more beneficial to release a game like this when it has more time to shine by itself.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Playable from start to finish doesn't necessarily mean things like textures are in place, combat moveset is finalised or boss fights are necessarily in place/finished though, I expect. I still think this is going to be a 2018 game. The end of this year is going to be a bloodbath for anything that's not Destiny, Battlefront or RDR2,and I think it would be more beneficial to release a game like this when it has more time to shine by itself.
They mentioned that they still hadn't finished mocap yet so yea game's definitely likely gonna be a 2018 title at the earliest.

Rymuth

In the trailer, he was already close to it when the brat missed the deer the first time and had to calm himself down.

Frankly, it'd be out of character for Kratos not to lose his temper and backhand the kid atleast once. It's what he does.
That's basically the crux of the game.

Kratos not hitting his child but always looking like he is one hair breadth away from snapping. Keeping the beast in check, ala the Hulk/Banner comparisons.

viHuGi

Banned
They mentioned that they still hadn't finished mocap yet so yea game's definitely likely gonna be a 2018 title at the earliest.

Nah, likely this fall it will hit, after mo cap is done I will give it another 6 months before shipping, game is already played start to finish, it will be out sooner rather than later.

Death Stranding and Last of Us 2 are 2018 though.

Crossing Eden

I know every studio has different pipelines but ND's mo-cap wraps are like 5-6 months before TLoU/UC4 went gold?
True but we have no indication of how far along they are besides the game being vaguely playable from beginning to end. Didn't UC4 and the order get delayed even after they announced that they were done shooting?

Nah, likely this fall it will hit, after mo cap is done I will give it another 6 months before shipping, game is already played start to finish, it will be out sooner rather than later.

Guess we'll see at e3.

True but we have no indication of how far along they are besides the game being vaguely playable from beginning to end. Didn't UC4 and the order get delayed even after they announced that they were done shooting?

My 5-6 months includes the delayed release.

But agreed that we have no indication. Just saying it's not necessarily a cardinal rule that being 10-11 months out from mo-cap wrap is a shoe-in for 2018 earliest.

Highly doubt a fall release Spring (specifically March) 2018 makes more sense.

Crossing Eden

My 5-6 months includes the delayed release.

But agreed that we have no indication. Just saying it's not necessarily a cardinal rule that being 10-11 months out from mo-cap wrap is a shoe-in for 2018 earliest.
Yea that dev crunch....do we have a solid number on the amount of people working on GoW?

No, no. Everything was totally scripted, the boy did not even have anything resembling an AI, there was no gameplay, it was all a concept that they showed at E3 to gauge interest before implementing it into the game.

It's no more pathetic than Crossing Eden's SJW pathetic attempts.
Bruh if u were born in 98 it actually shows, jeeeez

I don't agree, but we'll find out in a handful of months. Death Stranding and TLoUII I'm willing to bet will be 2019.

If GoW is ready to be released this year, I expect it towards the end of the year, they will need to have a big game to launch around the time Scorpio comes out.

PS4 / PS4 Pro bundles with GoW and I bet they will have a Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle too for Christmas will be big sellers and a strong counter to Scorpio.

Guymelef

If GoW is ready to be released this year, I expect it towards the end of the year, they will need to have a big game to launch around the time Scorpio comes out.

PS4 / PS4 Pro bundles with GoW and I bet they will have a Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle too for Christmas will be big sellers and a strong counter to Scorpio.

No, they don't.

They put how near the supposed fall 2017 lineup Nd they take a hit big or not it'll be a hit to its sales not happening

No, they don't.

Care to expand on why?

Just because Sony are winning in sales, it doesn't mean they won't want to compete with Scorpio when it comes out. Sony are a business, they will still want to make money and will try to offer a better experience than Scorpio.

If Sony go into the holidays again with no big games and Scorpio comes out with some good games and better looking / performing multi-platform games, thanks to the more powerful system, some people are going to jump over to Scorpio, just like a lot of 360 owners jumped on PS4 when that offered the better experience.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I sort of agree. They will need a title that shows they can do Scorpio-like visuals on the PS4, with God of War. Having it release close to Scorpio would ensure that. But ofcourse, it's not mandatory, and they can and should release it when it's ready.

Care to expand on why?

Just because Sony are winning in sales, it doesn't mean they won't want to compete with Scorpio when it comes out. Sony are a business, they will still want to make money and will try to offer a better experience than Scorpio.
So they'll make a bundle with the big third-party titles not put their next big gamen in the crossfire. They've shown they won't do it time and time again

Rd2 bundle (if it makes it)
Cod bundle
Battlefront 2 bundle
Destiny 2 bundle (if it makes it)
Family bundle with crash and or knack 2

They're covered

That said can we plz not make this another what will Sony do to counter Scorpio thread

Guymelef

Care to expand on why?

Q4 is packet with big 3rd party franchises and some of them with marketing deals with Sony.
Why release GOW there when they can launch it on March and go for Uncharted 4 like success.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Care to expand on why?

PS4 still has more exclusives and support from japanese devs, Scorpio still is just a buff Xbox. To flip this coin, Xbox needs a lot of new games

@thread
So... where is the new God of War shit?

jmaine_ph

So they'll make a bundle with the big third-party titles not put their next big gamen in the crossfire. They've shown they won't do it time and time again

Rd2 bundle (if it makes it)
Cod bundle
Battlefront 2 bundle
Destiny 2 bundle (if it makes it)
Family bundle with crash and or knack 2

They're covered

That said can we plz not make this another what will Sony do to counter Scorpio thread

Nailed it. Sony snagged all those third party deals for a reason. Bundle a PS4 with those games in the holiday season and they are set.

PS4 still has more exclusives and support from japanese devs, Scorpio still is just a buff Xbox. To flip this coin, Xbox needs a lot of new games

True especially after Scalebound.

If they don't want to clash with the big 3rd party stuff, they could launch GoW just before the holidays, maybe September / October time but after the last few holidays with no big exclusive, it would be nice to get one big Sony exclusive game like GoW for Christmas.

DigSCCP

Care to expand on why?

If Sony go into the holidays again with no big games and Scorpio comes out with some good games and better looking / performing multi-platform games, thanks to the more powerful system, some people are going to jump over to Scorpio, just like a lot of 360 owners jumped on PS4 when that offered the better experience.

I kinda agree.
I think we need to see Scorpios price first. Then we gotta see Scorpio line up.
Imo Sony reaching another US100 dollars between PS4 Pro and Scorpio with good bundles could be more important than a new title.
Plus they already have GT Sports for that and GT is a huge franchise.
A February/March release to break the "Scorpio launch momentum" could make more sense.
If GT Sports, Detroit and Dreams release on Q3 there is no reason to Sony to push God of War to 2017.

I am holding out for GoW themed Pro that's for sure

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
It takes time to create a new trailer with a boss fight and revealing the Thor somehow in it :p

They knew that the trailer will reach 15 mi soon, so they could prepare the trailer and just wait to upload. But no, they have to keep us waiting for moaaar.
First world problems

They knew that the trailer will reach 15 mi soon, so they could prepare the trailer and just wait to upload. But no, they have to keep us waiting for moaaar.
First world problems

You guys really think it's going to be a new trailer? Anything to base this info on? I think you'll be disappointed otherwise.

First world problems
You really think it's gonna be a trailer?

the full game is gonna be available on psn, obviously

Care to expand on why?

You are grossly over estimating running games at a higher res and more power, most don't care. Sony could not have 1 exclusive this fall and be fine. You forgetting people didn't just jump from 360 to ps4 because of power right? It was 100 more, kinect, DRM backlash.....those were all bigger factors.

Top Bottom