• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War PS4 playable from start to finish

FTF

Nah, I think Spiderman will be summer or fall 2018, and I'm not 100% sure that GOW is going to make it for fall 2017; maybe Detroit will be the fall game.

To be frank though, they could probably release Spiderman at any time through a year and it would still sell gangbusters.

I know Sony is going to push it to be released holiday 2017 with new SM movie in the summer and blu-ray release in the fall.

Rymuth

HIs name is Barlog?

I always thought it was Balrog...man, much less cool now

cory-balrog.jpg

Icolin

Banned
Even if it was a 10-12 hour game, so what? Longevity doesn't automatically equal quality. I'd rather spend my £30 on a 10/10 game that lasts six hours than on an 8/10 game that lasts 50 hours.

This; I'd take a short, tightly paced, 2-6 hour long emotional rollercoaster like Journey or Inside or ICO over a monotonous 50 hour long game like FFXIII any day of the week, regardless of price.

Falchion

This game is going to be wild, it'll also probably be the first God of War game I play unless they remaster the earlier ones on PS4 before it comes out.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Cory Barlog
‏@corybarlog
Back at work after a wonderful few weeks with my family. Full steam ahead!

---

Also, the trailer is at 14,954,303 views

Cory Barlog
‏@corybarlog
Back at work after a wonderful few weeks with my family. Full steam ahead!

---

Also, the trailer is at 14,954,303 views

Where was this new trailer at 15mil views announced anyway? Also might have reached it already if I didn't prefer watching versions with crowd pops lol.

reKon

Banned
Umm ... how did I miss this?

I guess it's very late Holiday 2017 before Christmas? Or they try to give it the extra polish and just do that early March release with all the hype bult up for it?

Either way, can't wait...

Javin98

Banned
That thread was pretty pathetic in hindsight.

People were twisting themselves to spin even what Shinobi said into their preconceived notions.
No, no. Everything was totally scripted, the boy did not even have anything resembling an AI, there was no gameplay, it was all a concept that they showed at E3 to gauge interest before implementing it into the game.

It's no more pathetic than Crossing Eden's SJW pathetic attempts.

That thread was pretty pathetic in hindsight.

People were twisting themselves to spin even what Shinobi said into their preconceived notions.

No, no. Everything was totally scripted, the boy did not even have anything resembling an AI, there was no gameplay, it was all a concept that they showed at E3 to gauge interest before implementing it into the game.

Okay I posted this AGAIN just to be safe:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=223207211

Javin98

Banned
Okay I posted this AGAIN just to be safe:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=223207211
Eh, we're both aware that it was all a load of bullshit. I was being sarcastic with my post, really. Although I was serious about the spoilered part. :p

Primethius was saying that even after Shinobi said that "starting over from scratch" part was bullshit, people were still spinning it and claiming it doesn't necessarily disprove that everything we saw in the trailer hasn't existed at that point and was more of a target, which is what I satirized in my post.

I mean, it probably doesn't take long to make a game playable from start to finish if there isn't a whole lot of gameplay to be had.

AmuroChan

Nah, I think Spiderman will be summer or fall 2018, and I'm not 100% sure that GOW is going to make it for fall 2017; maybe Detroit will be the fall game.

To be frank though, they could probably release Spiderman at any time through a year and it would still sell gangbusters.

GoW would be the far better Fall title from a business and marketing standpoint. Releasing Detroit in the Fall amidst all the big 3rd party AAA games is putting the game out to die, unless it's an early September release. Detroit fits better as a spring or summer title IMO.

I mean, it probably doesn't take long to make a game playable from start to finish if there isn't a whole lot of gameplay to be had.
And how did you surmise that there's not a whole lot of gameplay from just a 10 minute video?

GoW would be the far better Fall title from a business and marketing standpoint. Releasing Detroit in the Fall amidst all the big 3rd party AAA games is putting the game out to die, unless it's an early September release. Detroit fits better as a spring or summer title IMO.
I was thinking of gow during summer and Detroit around september but this works too

HardRojo

As a big GoW fan, I really hope this becomes a really good game and also does well saleswise, it seems people really want more God of War, even if they're changing the formula this time around.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Did you just unironically use the term SJW? Dude stop obsessing over me goddamn.

Patapwn

Game will release in March 2018. Look at the release dates for all the major GOWs, all in march

It's even in the name of the month