• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport announced

Goldrusher

As far as I know there's never been game specific decals on cars for the 24h races. By that I mean, they've never had something like "Gran Turismo 5" or "Gran Turismo 6" decals. It's always just a GT logo across the windshield.
Every car on the grid has "Gran Turismo" on the windshield. That's one of the main sponsors of the event itself.

Yamauchi's own car however, has many more game-related stickers:

- PlayStation (doors & rear wing)
- the PlayStation logo (engine cover)
- PS4 (side skirt)
- Polyphony Digital (front wheel cover)
- GT Sport (rear wheel cover)

13012862_1000697310016770_6392902213791793177_n.jpg

Since a couple of days, the GT Sport logo has been replaced by another sponsor:

12994503_1001289766624191_2328038945253845032_n.jpg

Unknown?

PS4 has been weird for me.

Every last Sony console I just couldn't wait for the latest gran Turismo

This time, I don't even really care?

Gran Turismo 6 was so terrible, and with project cars being great and assetto corsa on the horizon I haven't felt a void of sim racing

I really hope this is a reboot of sorts that reignites my passion for gt

Less cars, premium models only, tight and focused. It's a game not a digital car museum, cut the fat and focus on the important stuff

I know at the least the graphics will be impressive

GT6 wasn't terrible it was wayyyyyy better than GT5. It had way better physics and fixed all the problems people had with GT5. Better menus, better career, better track editor(albeit late), better graphics, etc. Most of the standards were upgraded and didn't look horrible.

- PS4 (side skirt)
Couldn't it just be that he had a little flirt with the guardrails and the part had to be replaced... with an older part that didn't have the new decals?
Is it the same on the other side?

I mean why would they first have it and then not? Who made that decision and why? Really weird story.

Every car on the grid has "Gran Turismo" on the windshield. That's one of the main sponsors of the event itself.

- PS4 (side skirt)

13012862_1000697310016770_6392902213791793177_n.jpg

Since a couple of days, the GT Sport logo has been replaced by another sponsor:

12994503_1001289766624191_2328038945253845032_n.jpg

Ahh, okay I see it now. It may be a rotating sponsor. Will be interesting to see what they go with during the race.

Speaking of Kaz in races, I wonder if he still plans to race in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. Last year when he confirmed that his team had completed data gathering for the track he said that he was too busy to race that year but he pointed out that he wanted to race this year. But it seems like he'd have to give up attending Goodwood this year in order to be able to race.

I wonder if the lukewarm reception to GT Sport has caused a change in plans and they've decided to just go with the next numbered entry and incorporate GT Sport into it.

I wonder if the PS4K is going to use GT as a show piece, maybe by allowing more cars on track or something like that.

benzy

From the rumored Horizon delay thread. Horizon gets the delay to 2017, GT Sport still set for 2016?

Vice President Sony Europe Interview
Q: 2016, an important year for PlayStation?

A: For many 2015 was supposed to be the peak in the 8th gen consoles cycle before going into a plateau, a more stable phase. But we consider 2016 to be a growth year. It will be a better year for the software and a great year for hardware. We expect to sell a lot of consoles. Then there's Uncharted 4 : a Thief's End, this year's big event. It's our biggest release this year with Gran Turismo and the big come back from The Last Guardian. And of course, the PSVR is on it's way.​

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201826379&postcount=1059

GHG

From the rumored Horizon delay thread. Horizon gets the delay to 2017, GT Sport still set for 2016?

Vice President Sony Europe Interview
Q: 2016, an important year for PlayStation?

A: For many 2015 was supposed to be the peak in the 8th gen consoles cycle before going into a plateau, a more stable phase. But we consider 2016 to be a growth year. It will be a better year for the software and a great year for hardware. We expect to sell a lot of consoles. Then there's Uncharted 4 : a Thief's End, this year's big event. It's our biggest release this year with Gran Turismo and the big come back from The Last Guardian. And of course, the PSVR is on it's way.​

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=201826379&postcount=1059

GT Sport is the last Guardian.

It all makes sense now.

GT Sport better be at E3 with at least a release window for 2016 or there will be hell to pay.....
meaning i will be very sad panda

Makes sense...Let em take there time. This gen is slow anyway, but seems to be worth it. All the delays etc...for Uncharted, and it looks like it’s going to finally churn out into an amazing product.

Get it right PD, first impression is everything. This is a GT game where you need glowing reviews, everything working online, and generally thumbs up across the board. I can be patient for greatness.

Next month we have E3, so we should see something about GT.
I want an announcment like this in E3 conference: "You can download GTS Academy right now!"

Next month we have E3, so we should see something about GT.
I want an announcment like this in E3 conference: "You can download GTS Academy right now!"

We won't have to wait that long for info

806867capturedu201604o4srj.png

We're now just starting to hear details about an event scheduled in London later this month.

dalin80

Banned
That's all very well but leaving the fan base in the dark for 6 whole months after announcing a beta just isn't cricket. Going racing like this just rubs salt into the wound.

Welcome to PD, unreachable by all and in complete denial of the existence of a fanbase or community. The 'community manager' as far as anyone is aware went MIA years ago and never actually made a posting anywhere and the company head spends more time going off racing then anything else.

Date and venue are set, I presume official announcement is coming out very soon.

Finally! I was able to try to ignore the lack of news for awhile, but the wait has been excruciating over the past few weeks since racing season (F1, Indycar, NASCAR etc) has started. I need my GT fix.

televator

About the lack of info

imagezyqgi.jpeg

Perfectly good stance to take, but even so GT5 would still have disappointed without the sneak peeks and hype announcements.

I hope they really maintain a tight focus and deliver fully on features for future installments.

Now... Come at me and tell me how I'm so wrong and how perfect PD has been and forever will be.

Mascot

About the lack of info

imagezyqgi.jpeg

Lol. In other words, our ambition for this title is once again totally unrealistic within the limitations of the hardware, and far outstrips what is technically possible. We just can't seem to control ourselves and with Kaz going AWOL every five minutes we lack any sense of cohesion or direction. Don't worry though, we'll knock something together eventually and hope nobody minds the erratic frame rate and the horrendous screen tearing.

/s

Lol. In other words, our ambition for this title is once again totally unrealistic within the limitations of the hardware, and far outstrips what is technically possible. We just can't seem to control ourselves and with Kaz going AWOL every five minutes we lack any sense of cohesion or direction. Don't worry though, we'll knock something together eventually and hope nobody minds the erratic frame rate and the horrendous screen tearing.

/s

Don't worry Neo will save the day this time!

Top Bottom