• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sony needs to send someone in to restructure PD.

If this stream is indicative of how they develop the games then I'm not surprised with how things have gone for the last 5 years or so.

last 10 years more like.

I am surprised how little has changed - its shinier etc but it doesn't seem to move forward. Could really do with someone to give it direction. Like Tarantino often feels like he should have a stricter editor.

SkylineRKR

Can't say i'm surprised. Lost faith in PD after GT5. Skipped GT6 altogether and this game... it seems it won't set the world on fire.

GT3 was leading during the PS2 era, but times have changed. There is Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, CARS, Forza... There basically a lot of options for racing enthusiasts.

The sound is hard to judge since the camera is so far away from the cars .. hopefully the audio is 3D and better when inside the car.

Ok wasted enough of my life on this already. I'll take a look at more media closer to release but right now this is the most m'eh I've felt about a racing game in a long time.

If they'd just shut the fuck up talking about bollocks for one second we might actually be able to hear the cars better. No one cares about you mentioning details such as "crowd and trucks". Ffs.

nib95

Banned
Unless this improves a lot before release, I'll probably give the game a miss and just stick with Assetto Corsa. Never thought I'd even see myself typing such a thing about GT of all franchises. Oh well.

Angel_DvA

Only the safety car looks interesting imo, the visuals, car/tires sounds and environment are terrible, looks like a total failure, maybe even worse than GT6, I'm out for sure for now, what a terrible reveal Sony/PD.

If they'd just shut the fuck up talking about bollocks for one second we might actually be able to hear the cars better. No one cares about you mentioning details such as "crowd and trucks". Ffs.

Terrible commentary isn't it?

"Hey look at that, it's amazing look at all the detail like [feature you get in every race game] and look at [feature you get in every racing game]."

Maybe the advice was "talk a lot so folks can't hear the exhaust notes".

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yea, this is pretty bad. The scoreboard skipping is aggravating. And there seems to be some lag warping.

Not a good showing.

Top Bottom