• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Unveiling live stream discussion (incl. FIA Championship gameplay)

bombshell

Maybe the demo is totally offline only, in which case PD should really think about getting in on PSN asap to compensate for yanking the rug from under the beta then quietly whispering an apology.

I still have friends who think the beta is about to land, and because I'm cruel I don't tell them otherwise.

If it's offline only, then the story is obviously completely different and the demo should be made public. However, I highly doubt it's offline only given what we know of GT Sport's focus and what we saw in the London event.

THE:MILKMAN

Maybe the demo is totally offline only, in which case PD should really think about getting in on PSN asap to compensate for yanking the rug from under the beta then quietly whispering an apology.

I still have friends who think the beta is about to land, and because I'm cruel I don't tell them otherwise.

giphy.gif

You monster!

Mobius 1

Kaz mentioned on the QA that the PS3 was a nightmare and they're having fun with the PS4. If remember well, he said something about iterating and adding new things quickly, which would explain the jumps in quality from different builds we saw floating about.

He also denied knowing about the PS4 Neo, the filthy liar ˆ_ˆ

Mascot

Kaz mentioned on the QA that the PS3 was a nightmare and they're having fun with the PS4. If remember well, he said something about iterating and adding new things quickly, which would explain the jumps in quality from different builds we saw floating about.

That event must have been planned at least three months in advance, and the game's been in development for, what, three years? It was ridiculous that new builds were arriving during a two-day showing. It doesn't demonstrate how efficient PD are - in fact, it shows just the opposite.

That event must have been planned at least three months in advance, and the game's been in development for, what, three years? It was ridiculous that new builds were arriving during a two-day showing. It doesn't demonstrate how efficient PD are - in fact, it shows just the opposite.

Given those improvements they made in the 2 days of the show, by November I'm accepting no less than 1080p downscaled from 4k at 60fps, 40 car races and photo realistic tracks.

I've been inside the news from GT 5 during almost the entire development.

In almost those infinite years, GT 5 promised a lot and lost track of what could be done well and what should be done in a PS3 title.

It is good for PD to look back and start development by making realistic goals.

People are complaning about the content, but they need to listen to the core fan base of the game. The first complain was the QUALITY OF THE CONTENT.

Take a step back, make things good again is the right decision.

foto3ceunb.jpg

And also to be found:

foto42ju2r.jpg

Saddest news of the day: the P4/5 crashed in qualifying session on the Nordschleife and they can't repair it until the start tomorrow...

So, GT Sports. Was able to drive it for 8:30 min. This is how long it took me to get around the ring once. Although I am a GT veteran, I really struggled to understand the limits of the car I drove (Ferrari). So at the start I crashed several times and it took me until Adenauer Forst until I managed to get my shit together. The driving (w/o any aides) is truly demanding! And it's fantastic! To get you an idea: A friend of mine laughed at me several times because I had so much problems at the start of the race. Well, he tried next and it took him 11:30 min in the same car to get around the track once. He was kinda frustrated and said it was because he's not used to drive a car with a wheel (I laughed).

Graphics are fine. Definitly what you'd expect from a GT Game. It had it's flaws (which isn't shocking given it's status), but tree-wallpapers we saw in the reveal trailer were definitly nowhere to be seen.

And the sound. Well. It was a noisy environment and there weren't any headsets. But from what I picked out, the souind is not as good as I hoped it would be but definitly better than I expected. So, I am okay with it.

Wasn't able to check the A.I. because I crashed my car immediatelly....

tl;dr: Day fucking one.

ethomaz

Banned
foto3ceunb.jpg

And also to be found:

foto42ju2r.jpg

Saddest news of the day: the P4/5 crashed in qualifying session on the Nordschleife and they can't repair it until the start tomorrow...

So, GT Sports. Was able to drive it for 8:30 min. This is how long it took me to get around the ring once. Although I am a GT veteran, I really struggled to understand the limits of the car I drove (Ferrari). So at the start I crashed several times and it took me until Adenauer Forst until I managed to get my shit together. The driving (w/o any aides) is truly demanding! And it's fantastic! To get you an idea: A friend of mine laughed at me several times because I had so much problems at the start of the race. Well, he tried next and it took him 11:30 min in the same car to get around the track once. He was kinda frustrated and said it was because he's not used to drive a car with a wheel (I laughed).

Graphics are fine. Definitly what you'd expect from a GT Game. It had it's flaws (which isn't shocking given it's status), but tree-wallpapers we saw in the reveal trailer were definitly nowhere to be seen.

And the sound. Well. It was a noisy environment and there weren't any headsets. But from what I picked out, the souind is not as good as I hoped it would be but definitly better than I expected. So, I am okay with it.

Good info here... thanks.

While they improve the driving it will be fine... graphics and sound are second to me but I expect solid 60fps in final build.

Mascot

foto3ceunb.jpg

And also to be found:

foto42ju2r.jpg

Cool - thanks. More please!

Did you visit other sims? The Raceroom Café or so?? Give us some head-to-head FFB comparison?

Sadly, no time for that. There was a Mazda MX5 challenge on Laguna Seca, Race Room, and Zurich had a racing sim as well (VR, I believe). Thing is, I went there with a couple of friends and we had to move on to see some other friends in the pit lane.

Here some special pic for GT fans out there:

2016-05-2715.12.28hdrjzlo1.jpg

I'll post a more in-deep summary of my experience within the next days, when I'm sober again.

EDIT

And a little video I made, not from GT6, but drift fans will like it no matter what :).

https://youtu.be/4QU8sWL8Oe4

benzy

They built an entirely new engine for PS4?

"JG: I know the PS4 is much simpler [compared to the PS3]. How does it compare to the PS2 and the original Playstation?
KY: PS1 and PS2 wasn’t bad… PS2 was actually a very good piece of hardware. … In that respect, the PS4 is a very good piece of hardware, as well.
KY: And for the PS4, we actually went about and made our own original gaming engine and rendering engine for it, and everything is built in-house. Everything in terms of system design is easy for us to optimize and make the quality better."

Sadly, no time for that. There was a Mazda MX5 challenge on Laguna Seca, Race Room, and Zurich had a racing sim as well (VR, I believe). Thing is, I went there with a couple of friends and we had to move on to see some other friends in the pit lane.

Here some special pic for GT fans out there:

2016-05-2715.12.28hdrjzlo1.jpg

I'll post a more in-deep summary of my experience within the next days, when I'm sober again.

EDIT

And a little video I made, not from GT6, but drift fans will like it no matter what :).

https://youtu.be/4QU8sWL8Oe4

You don't know how long I spent trying to buy this car in GT5 ;____;

nasanu

Banned
The driving (w/o any aides) is truly demanding! And it's fantastic!

Graphics are fine. Definitly what you'd expect from a GT Game.

What are you talking about? Gaf has spoken, the videos show is it a regression from GT6, everything is worse. You'd know this if you didn't play it.

nasanu

Banned
You're pushing this a bit too hard.

No I don't think so. Those who have played it and are interested in cars enough to turn off assists all report positive things. Yet somehow the general impression of everyone else is that the game is a pos beyond salvation based on some clips of various builds.

And people don't even make sense with their criticisms. They complain PD don't listen, but ignore things that clearly show they have listened even recently with the change in tyre sounds while the event was happening.

GHG

Gold Member
They built an entirely new engine for PS4?

"JG: I know the PS4 is much simpler [compared to the PS3]. How does it compare to the PS2 and the original Playstation?
KY: PS1 and PS2 wasn’t bad… PS2 was actually a very good piece of hardware. … In that respect, the PS4 is a very good piece of hardware, as well.
KY: And for the PS4, we actually went about and made our own original gaming engine and rendering engine for it, and everything is built in-house. Everything in terms of system design is easy for us to optimize and make the quality better."

I remember when he told us GT6's engine would be next gen ready.

Lies. All of it.

Mascot

No I don't think so. Those who have played it and are interested in cars enough to turn off assists all report positive things. Yet somehow the general impression of everyone else is that the game is a pos beyond salvation based on some clips of various builds.

And people don't even make sense with their criticisms. They complain PD don't listen, but ignore things that clearly show they have listened even recently with the change in tyre sounds while the event was happening.
Dude, we can only judge what PD deemed good enough to show us, and it wasn't that great. Good news everyone, a few positive impressions are now emerging, so there might be hope yet. But don't blame people for being disappointed so far.

And BTW, a lot of people would need to die before you'd be made head of the PDDF, so your campaign might be a waste of time.

Thank you Bitch Pudding for those pics and impressions!
------------------
GTS cockpits are fantastic, just like previous GTs.
Look at these amazing cockpits from a 2010 game on a 2006 console:

C77U6a.jpg

2BHPeN.jpg

wCBs9w.jpg

aiyMhu.jpg

yfTE50.jpg

ivXZ3b.jpg

Zte0wr.jpg

oWyO2y.jpg

DdFJm4.jpg

Sadly, I don't have bigger screenshots of these:

zMDhcM.jpg

P2USVx.jpg

18UBwY.jpg

63G3Nt.jpg

v3Ot3P.jpg

V760dz.jpg

GS5P0e.jpg

wWVULW.jpg

Sebmugi

GT5 / 6 cockpits are awesome it's true, for GTS with a adaptive tessellation I think the angular sides will mitigate.. wait and see ;)

------------------

C77U6a.jpg

2BHPeN.jpg

wCBs9w.jpg

aiyMhu.jpg

yfTE50.jpg

ivXZ3b.jpg

Zte0wr.jpg

oWyO2y.jpg

DdFJm4.jpg

Sadly, I don't have bigger screenshots of these:

zMDhcM.jpg

P2USVx.jpg

18UBwY.jpg

63G3Nt.jpg

v3Ot3P.jpg

V760dz.jpg

GS5P0e.jpg

wWVULW.jpg

Crazy how much detail is there that never would be seen if it wasn't for that glitch.

Agremont

------------------

Man, the lighting in GT5 is amazing to this day. GT6 was a downgrade in that area in my poinion.

Gestault

There's only 2 quotes... geez.

When someone's posted a vertical film strip of images, quoting all of them instead of just the words in the post (or saying "images omitted" but still linking the quote) makes it a heck of a lot easier to scroll down the page. On my laptop, the original post and the two quotes were a full 34 presses of PgDn.

Agremont

When someone's posted a vertical film strip of images, quoting all of them instead of just the words in the post (or saying "images omitted" but still linking the quote) makes it a heck of a lot easier to scroll down the page. On my laptop, the original post and the two quotes were a full 34 presses of PgDn.

I see. Well sorry.

DieH@rd

Banned
Offtopic, but 24hr of Nirburgring race is on and massive rain and ICE fall have redflagged the race. Metric shitton of cars were not only sent into walls, but many are still isolated on track and cannot go back to the grid.

2016-05-2816_27_19-ina9sgw.jpg

2016-05-2816_28_43-inshk65.jpg

2016-05-2816_29_16-93kdw.jpg

2016-05-2816_30_39-yrjt9.jpg

Apocalyptic shots right now on the stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zspyrZ07Ok. Rain started ~40mins into the race, you can bring the stream back to that point.

and on the rest of the track...

2016-05-2816_32_52-intys97.jpg

When will this kind of weather be in racing sims? :)

Offtopic, but 24hr of Nirburgring race is on and massive rain and ICE fall have redflagged the race. Metric shitton of car was not only sent into walls, but many are isolated on track and cannot go back to the grid.
2016-05-2816_29_16-93kdw.jpg

When will this kind of weather be in racing sims? :)
Wow!!! :O It looks more like MotorStorm than Gran Turismo!
And PD won't use dynamic weather in GTS... :(

Man, I know there are things to be disappointed about and concerned with, but there is an awful lot of vitriol towards GT seems other games don't get. People scream for 60 FPS but then when graphics aren't cutting edge complain...forza wasn't a looker either and that's ok. Seems GT gets more harshly judged. After saying that the lack of proper career mode will kill any notion I have of getting GT sport.

Top Bottom