• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greenberg: Quantum Break is not coming to Steam

MUnited83

For you.
Not buying the game then, not until they remove all the fucking stupid limitations that being a Windows Store App comes with.

epmode

MS has proven itself to be a terrible storefront manager that can and will take down digital services (including your "owned" games) if they don't align with the current strategy. I will never buy their games on the Windows 10 store.

roytheone

If they are going to do this kind of stuff, they really, REALLY need to fix some things of the windows 10 store before the big exclusives start to show up. If they don't have fixes in place in time, they will have a problem. You can only get a first impression once.

Kriken

the-monkey-paw.jpg

Faenix1

Thought the W10 store wasnt gonna compete?

I mean didn't they learn from XBL marketplace? Folks on PC generally want steam or DRMFree

GHG

And people are saying they are bringing the game to the PC because they want to maximise potential sales and give remedy a good chance of getting a sequel...

When actually all they care about is getting more Windows 10 users along with more people using the store interface. If only Microsoft actually had intentions as good as some of their die hard fans.

Heartfyre

It shouldn't surprise anybody that they want to promote their own ecosystem on PC. That's certainly the only reasons these games are releasing at all. They want to be Steam or, at the very least, Origin.

That Portal 2 on Origin sure was a thing. When Valve releases Half Life 3 off platform then you can talk.

Yeah, it's worth remembering that pretty much every company does this.

The problem is less about the game not coming to Steam, and more about the Windows Store having really stupid limitations. I don't think MS realizes just how many gamers rely on things like ReShade.

(Just as a thought experiment, I wonder how people would've reacted if The Witcher 3 was exclusive to GOG)

Bessy67

And people are saying they are bringing the game to the PC because they want to maximise potential sales and give remedy a good chance of getting a sequel...

When actually all they care about is getting more Windows 10 users along with more people using the store interface.
What did you expect? Did you really think they would cannibalize the Xbox One's exclusive lineup just to throw it all up on Steam? Of course they're going to use those games to try and bring people to their store.

GHG

It shouldn't surprise anybody that they want to promote their own ecosystem on PC. That's certainly the only reasons these games are releasing at all. They want to be Steam or, at the very least, Origin.

The former is never going to happen and the latter isn't really much to aspire to.

What did you expect? Did you really think they would cannibalize the Xbox One's exclusive lineup just to throw it all up on Steam? Of course they're going to use those games to try and bring people to their store.

Oh don't worry, I didn't expect anything different :)

The signs have been there for a while.

NeoRaider

How many ppl will forget what they wrote here when cheap keys become available and when they see Ukrainian price?
If they don't fix it until then.
:D

People will complain about this (including me) but I doubt it will affect its sales. Windows 10 adoption numbers have been very high, and unlike Origin, the Windows Store is installed already by default.

bbd23

So you would buy QB if it were on steam?

This logic blows my mind

yes. I can't even buy rise of the tomb raider on the W10 store because I dont have the latest november update for windows 10.... an update that constantly fails. I'd rather not have to deal with that for every game I want to buy.

The former is never going to happen and the latter isn't really much to aspire to.

I wouldn't be quite so sure. Remember that the Windows Store is built into the operating system. That's a pretty big deal.

I don't know that non-casual gamers will ever embrace it, but it has the potential to become a big presence.

yes. I can't even buy rise of the tomb raider on the W10 store because I dont have the latest november update for windows 10.... an update that constantly fails. I'd rather not have to deal with that for every game I want to buy.

I'm not disagreeing with the core logic, but you should probably get that update sorted out anyway. Remember that these updates include stuff like security patches.

SliChillax

Do you need Windows 10 to access this store? I know it's a dumb question but I don't plan to upgrade from 8.1 even if Win10 is free.

I don't see any logic in this post. Refusing to upgrade for free to a superior operating system, people are weird. Although I'm still not buying Quantum Break on the W10 store.

No surprise here because this game is Microsoft exclusive even though its coming to PC, so PC gamers should be happy at least they are able to play this game (if you are really interested in it) without buying Xbox one and at higher quality settings. They need their Win 10 store some attention to be successful which is the primary reason for the PC ports of their exclusives.

Oh the Microsoft PC gaming cycle. I could set a clock by how predictable you are.

MS talks up PC support.
MS releases PC games with a bunch of MS ecosystem bullshit that no one likes that offers a worse experience to already existing standards.
No one buys MS PC games.
MS stops releasing PC games.

Then several years pass and it starts over.

Haunted

People will complain about this (including me) but I doubt it will affect its sales. Windows 10 adoption numbers have been very high, and unlike Origin, the Windows Store is installed already by default.
Wait, just so I get this straight: you think a game releasing on the Windows 10 store would not sell more units if it were to release on the Windows 10 store as well as Steam?

MageBoySA

Windows 10 adoption might be high, but how many people actually use the shitty store? It's full of scams, pirate apps, and free apps that cost money from someone who isn't legally allowed to sell it. And you can't report scam apps unless you are the original copyright holder, which makes.it worse.

GHG

Does no one remember the early days of steam? you have to give win10 store some time.

The difference is that when Steam first came about there were no alternatives and it was the first of its kind. If they are serious about this it should be ready without any major issues for the gamers who wish to use it.

Not interested in buying the game on PC now. Too bad, was excited about the news. Already had some worries this would happen.

Does no one remember the early days of steam? you have to give win10 store some time.

They have had a lot of time. They don't seem to be improving it.

Besides that, the biggest problem is not missing features, it is some of the design choices.

wwm0nkey

Meh, after they finally let me choose where I install apps on Windows 10 I have no issue with this. Also this is an OS storefront that has been going since 8, WAY different than GFWL.

Top Bottom