• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has shipped 29m unit worldwide

Nibel

And you know what's the best thing about it?

It absolutely deserves those numbers - one of the very best games of this entire generation, marvelous

Orbis and PC are mentioned in the coding. I expect a next gen release. I'll grab it on PC and Xbone if possible. Don't mind triple dipping at all.

NaviLink

29 freakin' millions copies. Damn. I'd be interested to know the split between PS3 and 360, and in the main markets.

Gaz_RB

That's what happens when you release a GTA at the very end of a gen when install bases are massive.

Props to them though, the game is incredible.

Shahed

That's crazy. Is that more than all the CoD's? Oh and I love this line

◾ Launched Grand Theft Auto Online, the dynamic and persistent online game, which is free with every copy of Grand Theft Auto V.

I wonder how many games come with free stuff then...

BigDug13

It is well deserved honestly. They really turned it around after the disappointment of GTA IV, introduced some new mechanics to the series (multi-character switching on the fly, Max Payne shooting, character-specific activation abilities, improved mission structure), and returned it to the varied environment similar to San Andreas.

It's not all roses for sure as the online needs work and the single player game could use more things for the player to do once the story is complete, but overall, well done game.

Into

That's crazy. Is that more than all the CoD's? Oh and I love this line

I wonder how many games come with free stuff then...

Yes, no CoD has gotten this far, they usually do 20-25 million since MW

Reckon GTA5 can go to 35 million without even counting PC+Bone+4 versions

PetrCobra

Oh I see you edited, was going to say wrong on wii-fit.

Does it really count when every single Wii outside of Japan came with wii Sports?

I mean if that's the case then Super Mario Bros for NES and Super Mario World for SNES are most likely higher due to it being in every box.

There are claims that many people essentially bought that game for 200 dollars (only bought the Wii with Sports and no other Wii game) so I would argue that it counts.
And I don't know about SMB but SNES sold too little for SMW to be above Wii Sports.

Oh I see you edited, was going to say wrong on wii-fit.

Does it really count when every single Wii outside of Japan came with wii Sports?

I mean if that's the case then Super Mario Bros for NES and Super Mario World for SNES are most likely higher due to it being in every box.
Nope.

Neither console sold as well.

NES ended at around 65 million units and SNES at much lower.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wow, what a success. And to think that they are still managing to make every game better than the last.

Nextgen version in ~4-5 years is gonna be even more awesome.

Village

tumblr_li7mlrCVjq1qciw9jo1_500.gif

Impressive amount of copies sold.

BigDug13

Nope.

Neither console sold as well.

NES ended at around 65 million units and SNES at much lower.

Still doesn't count IMO if the console itself included the game throughout the entire generation.

What would Wii-Sports have honestly sold if it was not included in every Wii?

erawsd

Wow.. 29 million in just over a month is absolutely insane; much more than anyone anticipated.

Kinda funny to to think back on the thread about GTA vs CoD or whether GTA4 killed the series and turned fans away.

Why would they worry about PC sales with numbers like that

Heh, you don't seem familiar with how publishers think
It's not enough to make a lot of money, they have to make ALL the money

opportunity cost keeps them awake at night in their giant mansions.

Top Bottom