• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V (New-Gen) Snapmatic / Photo thread

-SD-

Banned
irSCa3Kf024eh.jpg
LividLastCollardlizard.gif

Can't wait for PC version to drop.
Yeah, so we can drop some anisotropic texture filtering into the mix, amongst a host of other image-quality-enhancing techniques.

Votron

I'm not sure what's going on ..but the game doesn't look that great in person to be honest.. It only looks really impressive when people take bullshots and add post processing effects to it..

I'm not sure what's going on ..but the game doesn't look that great in person to be honest.. It only looks really impressive when people take bullshots and add post processing effects to it..

Really? I think it looks fantastic for a last-gen game. And many photos are without any added effects.

they arent bull shots in the gaf sense of that term, in fact without a capture card they are heavily compressed.
although some have filters or focus lock but those dont add iq.

its funny how the worst picture in this topic is that "taxi in the city" shot that people trot out every time "gta with mods" comes up.
it has textures, one light, and nothing much else to offer.

So psychotic that R* achieved what they have here. Even given it's last gen roots, it's still one of the prettiest games I've ever seen. The human models don't really fit with the static photos, but add to the realism when they are moving.

Just an all around impressive bit o' work there.

Votron

Really? I think it looks fantastic for a last-gen game. And many photos are without any added effects.

DOn't get me wrong , it doesn looks good for last gen upgraded to FULL HD.. But I have read all around about how the graphics is soo oh.. 'NextGen' and all. I mean comon..

shandy706

DOn't get me wrong , it doesn looks good for last gen upgraded to FULL HD.. But I have read all around about how the graphics is soo oh.. 'NextGen' and all. I mean comon..

Are you kidding me...

Ground on current-gen...from just a foot or two away...

hufsts.gif

Ground on last-gen from way up..

maxresdefault.jpg

Just a simple ground texture alone is "nextgen and all".

Also....this^^^ awesome!

Yarbskoo

I don't really care for the filters on a lot of these shots, and I'm not sure why a lot of them are so small, but overall the game looks really good.

She appears to have fallen face first into a large puddle of ketchup. How embarrassing.

Looks pretty good, aside from the chromatic aberration and the weird dithering (?) on those distant utility poles. I like the softened shadows and darkened ambient light that comes with overcast skies.

UrbanRats

& if you added a filter - it would be even less interesting / impressive.

one shiny reflective taxi in a featureless street, time to retire that snap as a beacon of hope.

Don't know what you want from it, to be honest.
It's an incredibly photorealistic shot about a 6 years old game, without any pretense.
It's not tryihg to be interesting with composition or anything like that.
And it's a mod that improves the lighting and adds some post processing shenanigans, of course it's not gonna have the feature list of GTAV, though these screens aren't really a good comparison, since that shot is how i actually can play GTAIV, these shots, however beautiful, are embellished with the photo mode through filters, DoF and dynamic angles and composition.

ironcreed

Banned
Fucking Christ. I have been playing Inquisition and Far Cry 4, but I am going to go ahead slide some time in for this tonight. It is above and beyond how much better I was already expecting it to look. No photo mode trickery here?

Top Bottom