• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V (New-Gen) Snapmatic / Photo thread

Lrrr

This is how the rain looks in GTAO.

grandtheftautov_2014103f0m.jpg

I don't really care for the filters on a lot of these shots, and I'm not sure why a lot of them are so small, but overall the game looks really good.

They're small because they come from the Snapmatic in-game phone app uploaded to Rockstar's Social Club. I've been dumping full size non-filter pictures in the console screenshot thread:

cUfBMa.jpg

SCDRy0.jpg

c2PSkO.jpg

kQiKE8.jpg

P4526T.jpg

534gEH.jpg

hMAKHb.jpg

TmIjEX.jpg

6TolEy.jpg

I4EyLQ.jpg

g0rhaE.jpg

3kegwM.jpg

SHarris78

They're small because they come from the Snapmatic in-game phone app uploaded to Rockstar's Social Club. I've been dumping full size non-filter pictures in the console screenshot thread

Awesome pics!

Are you using the share button? Do you send them to twitter / facebook?

Man the PC screenshots thread is going to be drop dead holy fucking shit gorgeous in January.

This @ 4k with mods and all that. Man. Going to look damn near real.

Looks phenomenal as is. Fantastic work by Rockstar. Of course the mailman still hasn't come today and it is 5:00pm

Awesome pics!

Are you using the share button? Do you send them to twitter / facebook?

Those are share button shots uploaded to Facebook. I host them on cubeupload though because linking Facebook screens tends to compress even more.

Last few Snapmatic shots for today:

cUtVFE.jpg

SbmXeJ.jpg

Oy56p5.jpg

AXcydo.jpg

lksIFX.jpg

ttech10

a combination of both for me.
Using the snapmatic gives you control over zoom and some control over focus, plus filters and frames. Also, selfies.

Once you've framed your shot, grab it with share function, since snapmatic pics are 540p..

And that won't also capture the button prompts on the bottom of the screen? Looking around on the Snapmatic site I'd be fine with the photos on there, but would love the full res shots. At least worst case scenario I'd have to do some cropping.

Those are share button shots uploaded to Facebook. I host them on cubeupload though because linking Facebook screens tends to compress even more.

Last few Snapmatic shots for today:

cUtVFE.jpg

SbmXeJ.jpg

Oy56p5.jpg

AXcydo.jpg

lksIFX.jpg

Net, you sir have delivered with every single photo you've posted, let alone your GTA pics. Keep up the great work!

here's my first one that finally uploaded to snapmatic... it was done all night and was only able to get 2 uploaded, and 1 of them doesn't work

UcUBmv29fUy27HHhXaNj-Q_0_0.jpg

i'll post better ones later but here's the CEO of TPI with his new business gwagen... after losing business to Cheng, and seeing both Ortega and O'Neil use a Dubsta, Trevor decided to appropriate one for TPI business, too. Ortega's personal Dubsta (unique different than generic Dubstas), to be exact. Going to use this thing for the entire story.

I'll most prettier pics soon as snapmatic is working for me haha.

Vespene

Is this officially the most detailed world ever in a video game?

I remember when the ice cubes melting in MGS2 blew my mind.

mgs2_65_0d1.jpg
Metal%2BGear%2BSolid%2B2%2Bpc.jpg

Just imagine when this hits the PC in a few months. Minds will be blown and mass hysteria will ensue.

It is getting boring reading these repeated insertions.
ok we get it. 4k. mods. yeah ok.

actually I think in-situ, viewed in the topic, at these resolutions that don't blow out the margins, 4k pictures won't be much different and won't cause mass hysteria.

The higher the resolution, the more those poly counts will show.

Well yes there is that as well.
The cars, functional as they are, are not anywhere near the level of driveclub.
The NPCs, for obvious reasons, are also economically modelled.

Since the AA is pretty good, especially in one frame, there isn't even going to be much to be gained by scaling down a retina capture to 800 pixels wide for the topic.

cresto

It is getting boring reading these repeated insertions.
ok we get it. 4k. mods. yeah ok.

actually I think in-situ, viewed in the topic, at these resolutions that don't blow out the margins, 4k pictures won't be much different and won't cause mass hysteria.

Um, dick. I didn't even say anything about 4k. I was referring to more detail but OK, pal. I'm an xbone owner and fine with what I have. Get off my ass and opinion.

You can spend hours looking for shots.

Shame there is no time of day control.

And unfortunately I didn't remove the camera controls :(

Look how perfect the AA is on the power lines.

27gdwZt.jpg

x5o0vRZ.jpg

g9KMyf4.jpg

7i6gprQ.jpg

3pfAXL4.jpg

oARI01v.jpg

Is this officially the most detailed world ever in a video game?
So much of this stuff was in the original, too, but it was so easy to miss... (and I they used the low LOD versions of the objects to keep the frame rate higher).

I used to post about it half a year ago a lot, trying to make a case for the game's world art, but it was hard to really make a case for it so late after release. The new graphics help of course but thankfully they added better snapmatic and first-person, too.

I wonder how they were even able to get this game released. This ridiculous detail puts the development time into perspective. GTA4 was already mindblowing in that regard, but this is on another level. And let's not even talk about other games.

edit: Why is everyone posting these tiny snapshots? Free downsampling is nice, but it's not that hard to get higher res shots.

eso76

And that won't also capture the button prompts on the bottom of the screen? Looking around on the Snapmatic site I'd be fine with the photos on there, but would love the full res shots. At least worst case scenario I'd have to do some cropping.

It will.

But someone said

And unfortunately I didn't remove the camera controls :(

So..errr..how do you do that ? i couldn't find the option to do that

TheDanger

Banned
It would be nice if we could add some collaborative instructions into the OP on how to achieve optimal pictures/sizes on either PS4 or XO.

so if I transfer my shots via USB they are still a little bit compressed right(PS4)? Is a capture card the only way to be 100% compression free?

Top Bottom