• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVF-Hop l0† 13l La Soulja Nostra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll fit the new album perfectly so

this post will not get enough love

The-Dust-Brothers-Fight-Club-148516.jpg

all day does kinda suck though

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Kendrick lamar is credited as a composer for all day

edit: Kanye West, Paul McCartney, Tyler Bryant, Kendrick Lamar, Karim Kharbouch, Cydel Young, Victor Mensah, Mike Dean, Che Pope, Noah Goldstein, Allen Ritter, Mario Winans, Charles Njapa, Malik Yusef Jones, Patrick Reynolds, Ernest Brown & Noel Ellis

edit: Kanye West, Paul McCartney, Tyler Bryant, Kendrick Lamar, Karim Kharbouch, Cydel Young, Victor Mensah, Mike Dean, Che Pope, Noah Goldstein, Allen Ritter, Mario Winans, Charles Njapa, Malik Yusef Jones, Patrick Reynolds, Ernest Brown & Noel Ellis
El OH El

Nibel

My uncle, that chick from McDonalds and my old maths teacher have been working on the record as well but are not credited

#RespectTheArt #RespectTheHardworkingAndCreativeArtists

EloquentM

aka Mannny
My uncle, that chick from McDonalds and my old maths teacher have been working on the record as well but are not credited

#RespectTheArt #RespectTheHardworkingAndCreativeArtists

lol I don't know if this a joke about my credibility or just that there's a fuck ton of credits.

Fjordson

Holy shit....

Kanye is damn talented on his own, kinda hope he drops all the co-producers one day. Think it hurts his music.

Nibel

lol I don't know if this a joke about my credibility or just that there's a fuck ton of credits.

Nah I got love for ya Manny, but that credit list is crazy and not really surprising at the same time.

I mean dude accuses Beck of not being an artist yet he needs 15+ people for an average production and talks about respecting artists and their work gtfoh

I can imagine Paul McCartney in the studio with Ye.

"The song sounds smashing bruv, but it's missin' something. Tryin' sayin' "nigguh" a bi' mawer yea?"

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Nah I got love for ya Manny, but that credit list is crazy and not really surprising at the same time.

I mean dude accuses Beck of not being an artist yet he needs 15+ people for an average production and talks about respecting artists and their work gtfoh

Lol kanyeshrug.gif. I really don't care what this fool does anymore, not work getting worked up about if a song is hot its hot, if its not, well. All day is alright though I am disappointed to see so many hands in it for how simple it is.

edit: why is kendrick higher on the credit than french who supposedly made the damn beat?

Whoa Nibel heel turn?

Nibel

edit: why is kendrick higher on the credit than french who supposedly made the damn beat?

Well a good producer is a good producer but I imagine Kendrick lurking in the studio, creeping up from behind and hugging people while whispering "Love yourself brother" in their ears; that's some golden motivation right there

Whoa Nibel heel turn?

Dunno man, I have a love/hate relationship with Kanye and what he does; somedays, he does/says stuff that I agree with and then there are days where I can't stop shaking my head

I agree Iggy won't touch her 2014 success this year. She's only as successful as the pop hooks she receives; compare that to Nicki, whose biggest song (Super Bass) is a solo joint.

I thought 2014 was a great year for hip hop, but admittedly the mainstream was less so. 2015 is going to be huge for mainstream rap, and I think most of it will really highlight just how bad of a rapper she is. I heard her new song with Jennifer Hudson, where she's rapping over a simple pop piano beat. It's grating and sounds so forced.

studyguy

Iggy's going to go as far as her writing team and production will take her. I'm not about worrying how far pop acts go, leave that shit to popGAF stans. Pay that girl no mind, we're gonna eat in 2015 either way. Look at all the shit that's dropped or teased and it's only March.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ykk5DUc.png

https://33.media.tumblr.com/fb879d4f02a0ac75d3a0e5997e3dbece/tumblr_n0sorswyzu1sftndko1_500.gif?w=580[/IMG[/QUOTE]

you late son

[quote="Nibel, post: 154317245"]Well a good producer is a good producer but I imagine Kendrick lurking in the studio, creeping up from behind and hugging people while whispering "Love yourself brother" in their ears; that's some golden motivation right there
[/QUOTE]
Lol there is an "i" in this team

Kanye going to go as far as his composing team and production will take him. I'm not about worrying how far pop acts go, leave that shit to popGAF stans. Pay that soulja girl no mind, we're gonna eat in 2015 either way. Look at all the shit that's dropped or teased and it's only March.

Best post of the thread so far

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I actually really like the CDQ of All Day, really brings the great production out. I don't know what y'all expected coming from a live version which is also particularly memorable because of the visuals, but I think it keeps the groove and toughness of it.

The song is good, not really up there as far as turn up Kanye songs go. Whatever is at the end sounds like garbage. Sounds like a Daft Punk x Kanye throwaway.

Fuck yes.

Also had no idea Theo London was on this...was he in the live performance?
Yes he was.

Probably what CyHi was talking about when he meant he gives credit to people he talked to about the song as well, though I imagine some of this is just samples being passed around as well.

Good in any case to hear Kendrick locked in with Kanye to some degree. Hopefully Kendrick learned a thing or two.

Esch

Banned
Holy shit....

Kanye is damn talented on his own, kinda hope he drops all the co-producers one day. Think it hurts his music.

Did it hurt his music when Consequence and Rhymefest and Lupe and Big Sean were writing his material doe
phRbX43.png

Kanye is like Beyonce. His whole career is a collaborative project.

it's just a real dull track coming off of the hype stuff he had with yeezus like black skinhead

all those credits, i imagine what enzo said rings true. no way they could have all had their hand in the track.

Courage

Disappointing that he spliced the "WE IN THE MOTHAFUCKIN HOUSE" line from the BRITs performance. Seems lazy. iTunes version is mastered better at least.

it's just a real dull track coming off of the hype stuff he had with yeezus like black skinhead

all those credits, i imagine what enzo said rings true. no way they could have all had their hand in the track.

Yeah, that's how the guy works. Loves getting input from everyone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Full transcript of Kanye's lecture at Oxford University today. Video will be uploaded later today, they say. tl;dr at the top. I'll wait for the video.

OG Maco - 5AM in LA. The way the vocals are laid on this song is really off-putting in some way I cannot describe.

Waka Flocka Flame ft. Future - All These Bitches (Prod. by 808 Mafia). Pretty forgettable.

Thumbs down for the intro/hook alone, ruins the entire song. Bronson's first miss.

Holy shit. No chill. Have to respect this.

EDIT:
- - - - - - - - - -

RZA/Wu signed a copyright deal so that Once Upon A Time In Shaolin will not be able to be released until 88 years from now. RZA is a fucking moron. Somehow I feel like people will still pay to listen to this album if it tours. Even writing that sentence I'm like wtf

Malik Yusif, Rhymefest, Consequence, CyHi, etc used to struggle to pay their bills until they copped Kanyecare. Now they get that publishing check once a month and finally have some financial breathing room.

4RypAFZ.jpg

"Thanks to Kanyecare I can finally get my bells palsy addressed"

Courage

Malik Yusif, Rhymefest, Consequence, CyHi, etc used to struggle to pay their bills until they copped Kanyecare. Now they get that publishing check once a month and finally have some financial breathing room.

4RypAFZ.jpg

"Thanks to Kanyecare I can finally get my bells palsy addressed"

lmaooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom