• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

TheOddOne

Damn, i had forgotten how good Halo 3 encounter desing and the missions were. The story sucked, because all story was in Halo 2, 3 was just wrapping things up. But that gameplay, so good.
Feels really good just to push onward, eliminate all opposition very quickly. Reach promotes slow gameplay way too much.
Those bright outside levels HNGGGGGGG.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm definitely going to do a Halo marathon before this one hits. Other than that, Skyrim and Battlefield 3. Maybe Dishonored aswell.

CyReN

Hrm. Dick's Hamburgers has been around for more than 50 years, and I've heard the expression 'eat a bag of Dicks' since at LEAST the early 90s - probably earlier. (I remember snickering the first time I heard it, in fact.)

lol - and apparently a punk band used the phrase as their name in 2001. :)

must resist age joke.. <3

The only thing close we have around here is a 50's McDonalds and Johnny Rockets in Cedar Point:(

Once my dissertation is done with and I'm settled into my new job, I'll probably be playing FIFA 13 a great deal. And perhaps finishing up a second playthrough of The Witcher II. And checking out Sleeping Dogs. And trying to resist playing Football Manager.

Grisby

It runs like shit on the 360. Obviously multiplayer on Live no longer works. The biggest problem is that it has this ghosting issue that makes objects "stick" to the screen and you can see outlines of weapons or horizons on the screen for hours before it's replaced by another one. You can exit out to the main menu and go back in to fix it but that requires sitting through a loading screen to fix the issue. Despite these issues, I've played through the game 3 or 4 times on the 360. Really a pain in the ass. The PC version is great if you can get Vista or Windows 7.
Sheesh, thanks. Yeah, I didn't expect it to be super hot but I might still give it a go through. 2 is my least played Halo (well expect for Wars).

Before Halo 4 hits, gaming-wise:

Borderlands 2
Tekken Tag 2
RE6
AC3

Those are the new releases, of course. Who knows about the rest. I'm definitely be replaying Halo 3's campaign before 4 hits though. Gotta compare it to the best, see if it stacks up.

Oh, and school. Lots of accounting-centric school.

I don't see myself playing much of anything until Halo 4 comes out. I'm bored of pretty much everything I own, and I have school to worry about. So I guess my xbox will just collect dust until November arrives.

FyreWulff

Well you know where to find me at PAX

Harmonix said:
FRIDAY

WE ARE HOSTING A TOP POT DONUT HANG OUT. This is very, very important. If you've never been, Top Pot is one of the most delicious things ever. They are also awesome folks and they've hosted private events for us before so we couldn't wait to come back and do another thing with our community. And you're invited!

If you're at PAX, or in the Seattle area, and you want to have some delicious donuts and hang out with some Harmonix developers then this is the event for you. Top Pot will be open from 7-9pm PT specifically to friends of Harmonix. Donuts and drinks are on us. Come. Hang out. Break bread with us. It'll be awesome, guaranteed.

AND as if that wasn't reason enough to come hang out, we're also using this Top Pot event as an opportunity to have Harmonix super fans sign up to participate in our Saturday panel (much more on that to follow). If you want to get involved in our Saturday evening Game Show Extravaganza, come sign up at the Top Pot hang out and you'll get to be a contestant on a deliriously bonkers game show and maybe even win some bad ass swag too.

Bulletpoints: Top Pot Downtown Seattle - 2124 5th Ave Seattle, WA 98121 (a short walk from the convention center) - 7 to 9pm PT Friday Night - Deliciousness - Game Show Extravaganza Sign Up

343 gon' need donuts at their panel

Striker

Damn, i had forgotten how good Halo 3 encounter desing and the missions were. The story sucked, because all story was in Halo 2, 3 was just wrapping things up. But that gameplay, so good.
The story was bad because it was. besides, it's their own fault for basically dropping the Elites, Arbiter, and Prophet arc. It became a side-story with minimal effect. They ended up changing a lot from 2's story telling into 3's, namely all but dropping the Arbiter stuff and Prophet of Truth's behavior.

Whoever wanted two-hit melee is a horrible horrible man.
Added.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Borderlands 2 will tide me over until Halo 4. If not, there's always LoL, DD and a stupid ton of untouched games in my Steam unplayed list.

I'll be playing Diablo 3 while waiting for Halo 4...I can't type that without laughing/crying inside.

I'll probably be playing CS: GO, give Borderlands 2 a shot, and maybe go back and play some Deus Ex: HR cause I never got to finishing it for some reason.

lol - I don't recall ever seeing that shot of a Brute before... this is what it immediately made me think of:

brutemonster.jpg

Hrm. Dick's Hamburgers has been around for more than 50 years, and I've heard the expression 'eat a bag of Dicks' since at LEAST the early 90s - probably earlier. (I remember snickering the first time I heard it, in fact.)

lol - and apparently a punk band used the phrase as their name in 2001. :)
It's a shot I took of a helmet-less Brute right before dropping dead a while back. I recommend watching that movie; it's entertaining to say the least.

'eat a bag of dicks' has been around for a long time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I've seen and done things few will see or do until Nov 6. And we just started. #yay -- Hilary Goldstein (@hilgoldstein)

/jealousy

How does 10 maps compare to the launch maps of the previous games?

10 sounds really low.

Yes, it does sound really low to me too. And how many are regular team slayer size? 6 or something? Thats just not enough, man. the playtime of most people I know consists of literally 95 percent team slayer; sounds weird but I think they've gotten almost too varied with their content. Same problem in Reach.

lilty

OT: Is Dawnguard worth getting?

It's decent. I liked the story of the vampires, but the gameplay when you turn into a vampire is pretty weak. You get to go to some pretty cool locations though so it might be worth it. I guess it really depends on how you feel about Skyrim to begin with.

senador

Banned
Hilary Goldstein is a dude? Sounds like a girls name. Who are these people? How do other people know them?

Was the Xbox editor at IGN for years and years, left not too long ago and now does...something. Er, jk he was editor of all IGN.

Between now and Nov 6 I'm planning on finishing BioShock 2, Shadow Complex, and Zelda: Minish Cap, and then playing some mix of the following:
- Pokemon TGC (the Gameboy game)
- Bulletstorm
- Wario Land 2 and 3
- Red Dead Redemption

Plus I want to finally learn how to play Carcassone. And I might get Pokemon BW2.

Oh man, I think I am going to get BW2 as well but it bums me out its not a 3DS title and what I really really want to play is Fire Red or Leaf Green. I wish they'd dump those on the e-store.

Beckx

This is the first fall in a long while where I look at the release schedule and am not overwhelmed by the games I want to play. Heck, between now and H4, there's nothing on my "definite" buy list. I am curious about Dishonored and Borderlands 2, but we'll see. Only committed purchase between now and then is the ZoE HD Premium Edition.

For me I'll be playing P4A, Reach, and catching up on some of my backlog, like Binary Domain and Syndicate. ME3 really burned me out on single player shooters, so I've left those untouched. If anyone is still playing multi on either of those, I might be up for that.

Slaker117

OT: Is Dawnguard worth getting?

Dawnguard was decent, but I don't know that it was worth $20. It was a good excuse to revisit Skyrim, but I didn't find the main quest line all that interesting, and while the new powers are a fun gimmick, they aren't very meaningful in the grand scheme of things.

Woorloog

Banned
Oh man... I just managed to, uh, save a Banshee on The Ark. It is empty, still flyable.. and "locked", i cannot enter it :/

EDIT the goddamn machine just vanished while i looked at it. EDIT it was the Banshee the Arbiter is supposed to hijack. EMP is fun.

senador

Banned
We are having a Halo CE LAN party next weekend for a buddy. Are there any issues with a mix of old 360s and new, CE disc and GoD CE? Or should it all work fine?

Top Bottom