• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection | Review Thread

IISANDERII

89 Metacritic. My faith in reviews is legit shook, specifically Destroid whom I trusted. I think I'm down to Giantbomb.

Syncytia

For some reason I vaguely remember reading a post about the digital version causing the X1 OS to run slow. Is this a thing versus the disc version? I try and bring up the snap menu and it takes forever, even when just on the launch screen of the game. Clicking on friends in the snap menu takes another forever to open up.

Or is this a general X1 thing I haven't figured out for myself yet?

TomShoe

Banned
Hate to bump, but our mother site posted a new score, to be updated Monday.

Gaming-Age: C+ (About 5.8 in Metacritic)

Gaming-Age said:
I've been revisiting the MP side of Halo: The Master Chief Collection throughout yesterday and this morning, as 343 has rolled out server updates to improve the functionality of matchmaking and other aspects of online multiplayer. I didn't see significant improvements yesterday, but this morning things have certainly changed.

My first attempt at the Halo 2 Anniversary playlist resulted in a nearly 10 minute wait for matchmaking. But moving on to Team Slayer I was able to secure a couple of stable games, with only a 2 to 3 minute wait. I also joined a full Big Team Battle match. Switching back to Halo 2 Anniversary I was matched with a full group in 2 minutes, but that game suddenly concluded without an actual opportunity to play. I jumped in one more time, and was able to play through a full game without issue.

Clearly, things are improving. I'll continue to revisit the MP throughout the week and weekend, and then re-evaluate the final score come Monday.

Top Bottom