• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Film Reboot 'Agent 47' Going Into Production. Will Star...

Messi

I guess because the FOX Producers fucked it up so much. They had to reshoot an entire section because the Producers demanded a fucking sword fight!

But overall I actually kinda enjoyed the movie...

I forgot about the sword fight, so stupid.

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

Prince of Persia

Yakuza - Like a Dragon

Everyone should watch Miike's Ryu ga Gotoku film. Majima is just as hilarious in it as he is in the first game.

Can't have a worse and more pointless story than Absolution had. Some day people will learn that shit doesn't belong in the Hitman IP at all.

I look forward to the part where 47 wears a hazmat suit but forgets to wear a mask, or when the villain respawns for no real reason after reloading a check--what was I talking about, again?

DemonNite

no no no no no
9g2PiWn.gif

EMT0

Banned
Hasn't Square learned their goddamn lesson yet when it comes to trying to port games into movies?

spanks

The worst part is the writer.

Firstly, isn't the whole point of a reboot to use new people?
Secondly, it's the guy that wrote such classics as Wolverine and Swordfish.

I dont get the commercial director hate tho

Fincher was one once, remember? countless others too. No idea if this guy directed anything with a bit more freedom like a music video..

then again, this will obviously suck all kinds of balls

The problem is, this is Fox: The reason Alien 3 sucked. They only hire unknown directors so they can push them around and say shit like "there has to be a swordfight".

All signs point to another cashgrab. What a waste of a reboot.

that's the only one without him

and the worst one by far

Yeah I heard the rest were better but it's not the type of thing I'm really into anyway. This is honestly the first I've ever seen of this guy, the movie will likely be shit anyway so it doesn't really matter who they get for the lead.

fernoca

Has there EVER been a film reboot not named Silent Hill that's been even halfway decent?

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat

Prince of Persia

Yakuza - Like a Dragon
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but...
Well, Silent Hill was not a "reboot". I mean, it was a sequel and they even brought back some of the actors to tie both movies together and explained why Sean Bean's character was named Harry Mason now.

Pricne of Persia wasn't a reboot, as there was no previous Prince of Persia movie, same with Yakuza.

The Mortal Kombat reboot is expected to start filming later this year, and detaisl are unknown.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li is technically the only reboot..and wasn't decent. :p

charsace

Wait, do people think he's a bad actor? He's shown himself to be a good actor when he's not type cast as a bro. I think he has the acting chops to pull of a mencing role.

I still think he would make a good green arrow or batman.

Mononoke

Banned
What's up with the bad casting for Agent 47?

I actually feel bad for saying that, because I think Timothy Olyphant is a brilliant actor (see Justified). But he just looked so odd bald, and the material was all wrong for him.

If they ever made a live action Mass Effect the sensible thing to do would be to have the actual model they based him on play the role.

But this is Hollywood, they're never smart.

The guy's a model, not an actor. But then Shepard has always come across as about as convincing as a brick wall.

moolhy

Banned
Why the fuck not Jason Statham? With all the throwaway action movies that guy puts out it's time he played the role he was born to play.

Mononoke

Banned
Olyphant was too good for this series! Only reason he did the film was to pay for his new house after Deadwood got cancelled out from under him.

Interesting, thanks for the link. Didn't know this.

I think Olyphant is a brilliant actor. He's been in some shit movies and played some shit roles, but that's typical of an actor trying to get work in the industry. It's not like he's such a big star, he's rolling in the cash.

But his great work far outshines the shoddy stuff. So I'm always a lot more forgiving to actors like this.

Top Bottom