• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Film Reboot 'Agent 47' Going Into Production. Will Star...

BadAss2961

Even as bad as Paul Walker is for this role, he's probably better than the last guy.

I don't understand though... Why reboot it if you're just gonna repeat the same mistakes. At least get someone that could pass for Agent 47.

Remmy2112

Oh man. This announcement nearly has me in tears. Paul Walker as Agent 47? Ho ho. I like Timothy Olyphant and thought he was a fine 47, though he does do better in roles that allow him to cut loose with his angry side every now and then.

new Mathew Fox would've been a better choice,

Alex-Cross-4-008.jpg

smr00

Banned
Even as bad as Paul Walker is for this role, he's probably better than the last guy.

I don't understand though... Why reboot it if you're just gonna repeat the same mistakes. At least get someone that could pass for Agent 47.
You shut your whore mouth about my Olyphant.

The guy is a great actor, he was just given a shitty script.

charsace

Greenlighting a reboot of a failed film based on a videogame series that just had its first entry in years underperform (bomb?). And having it written by the same person who wrote the original failed film for good measure...

...is there some "creative accounting" going on here?

Yeah, the first guy could act. Shitty movies are better served by people who can't.

Paul Walker can act. The problem is that he's typecast as a bro.

new Mathew Fox would've been a better choice,

Alex-Cross-4-008.jpg
Paul Walker is a better actor than Matthew Fox.

So they miscast 47 in the first movie and are still miscasting him in this reboot ?

Haven't they learned anything ? Jesus Christ. What's even the point ?

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Has there EVER been a video game(-themed) movie not named Wreck-it Ralph that's been even halfway decent?

RedSwirl

For some reason I've always imagined Bruce Willis for the role.

Has there EVER been a video game(-themed) movie not named Wreck-it Ralph that's been even halfway decent?

Mortal Kombat was okay for its time -- it at least paid attention to the source material.

Prince of Persia was surprisingly watchable in my opinion.

I'd count animated movies, but those are kind of cheating since they tend to involve the original writers of the games more heavily.

Everyone should watch Miike's Ryu ga Gotoku film. Majima is just as hilarious in it as he is in the first game.

Is there an official subbed release?

Jawmuncher

Super Mario Bros.

I'm dead serious by the way.
I fucking love that move, mainly since it took a spin on Mario rather than just giving us what we would have expected.

The first one is not that bad... not great but no awful for me either.

I liked the first Hitman, of course I like Timothy Olyphant as an actor and I love looking at Olga Kurylenko. It wasn't terrible, to me it's a mid-tier video game movie.

Not terribly enthusiastic for a Paul Walker reboot though. I'd rather they go with a non-"star" but oh well.

Toa TAK

Banned
I honestly would perfer TO again. Or Vin Diesel.

He does look like a Commander Shepard, though. Just not the guy doing a Hitman film.

Linconan

I was just about to say hell no, but then i saw this pic.
I can actually see him as Agent 47 now.

But, his voice.
He needs to have power tones thou. Sadly, i don't think his has it.
But hopefully he'll claim something of his own.

Looking forward to it.

Well, this is gonna be a piece of shit.

I don't understand why they're even rebooting it, though. Same writer as the first movie? Uh, just have a different actor play the same character. I don't believe the first movie was a huge success, was it? Who would an actor change piss off when there are few fans of the movie franchise?

Anyway, won't watch.

EDIT: ^ Hell yes. If you're gonna make a shitty Hitman movie (read: any Hitman movie), Jason Statham would be a good choice. Though maybe he wouldn't take the role...

I have a special place in my heart for Paul Walker. I think he is a highly under rated actor. Never has been given that special role to bring him into ultimate stardom. Id be down for this if the direction is good. But wait. Vidya Game Moovies never turn out right.

Cartman86

Banned
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but...
Well, Silent Hill was not a "reboot". I mean, it was a sequel and they even brought back some of the actors to tie both movies together and explained why Sean Bean's character was named Harry Mason now.

Pricne of Persia wasn't a reboot, as there was no previous Prince of Persia movie, same with Yakuza.

The Mortal Kombat reboot is expected to start filming later this year, and detaisl are unknown.

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li is technically the only reboot..and wasn't decent. :p

WHAT IS THIS!?!?! In what world are Silent Hill: Revelation 3D (important to remember full title) and The Legend of Chun Li in any way decent?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Clean shaved... Yeah, I can see it. I just haven't seen him play anything beyond "laid back Cali bro" which is my only worry. The director should be fine.

I'm still shocked that I hated Hitman so much when it had 2 of my favorite things in the world. Timothy Olyphant and EuropaCorp.

Top Bottom