• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Film Reboot 'Agent 47' Going Into Production. Will Star...

Nokterian

I was reading this at work. I laughed a bit to hard. This will be a trainwreck. One good game movie is Mortal Kombat. Resident Evil 1 also but after that meh all junk.

Persona86

Banned
You have to wonder if the director gets a shock when he reads the reactions online, or did he know what he was in for. Then again this movie is probably not even for the hitman fans.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Jason Statham would be a horrid Hitman, you people are crazy.

Oh my, he's bald, therefore he must play the part! Cause you know, nobody can shave their head...

Oh my, he's bald, therefore he must play the part! Cause you know, nobody can shave their head...

All he needs to do is not talk and act badass.

Jason Statham barely talks and is more badass than 99% of people in movies these days. And he is one of the most physically capable actors.

He would be the perfect Hitman.

Persona86

Banned

Exactly what I was trying to say. :)

All he needs to do is not talk and act badass.

Jason Statham barely talks and is more badass than 99% of people in movies these days. And he is one of the most physically capable actors.

He would be the perfect Hitman.

His expression and vibe is totally wrong, even if he doesn't talk. Were talking about Agent 47 here, not some random hitman movie.

No what we need is someone under the radar that not many people know about. New blood.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Horrible casting. Also The writer from X-Men Origins? The dude who decided to take the biggest chatterbox in comics (his main selling point) and make him mute?
Fucking fail.

charsace

Have people not seen Paul Walker in roles outside of the bro roles that he does to pay the bills? He can act now. He much better now as an actor than he was in his 20's.

Shave his head, keep a little stubble, put in some contacts and he's perfect for the role.

Persona86

Banned
Have people not seen Paul Walker in roles outside of the bro roles that he does to pay the bills? He can act now. He much better now as an actor than he was in his 20's.

Shave his head, keep a little stubble, put in some contacts and he's perfect for the role.
No need for contacts, agent 47 has blue eyes too, also Agent 47 is always clean shaven.

.la1n

I don't Paul Walker is nearly as bad as some people, it's not like the first movie was a work of art, I'd be willing to give it a shot for the hell of it when it came out on demand.

Replicant

D19o0r5.jpg

The last cover is embarrassingly bad - original title is "Pressed", and the German distributor had a great idea...

Other than that, Luke Goss made some decent low-budget movies recently. He would be a nice fit for a Hitman movie. Unlike Paul Walker.

He'd be my 2nd choice after Statham.

t-ramp

Hell, I'm game. I suppose Fast Five is the only thing I've seen Walker in, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The first Hitman movie isn't too bad, actually.

RevDM

Banned
Sorry to bump this thread with something sort of unrelated (dat junior), but I just watched a pretty good foreign hitman movie on Netflix called Interview With A Hitman. I thought I'd share with you guys.

Edit: I'm only 3 months late

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Bwaaaahaahaahahahaahhaaaaaaaaaa....

*breathe*

HAAAAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAaaaaaa!

EDIT: Oh whoops, just saw it was a bump. My post stands.

Jawmuncher

Sorry to bump this thread with something sort of unrelated (dat junior), but I just watched a pretty good foreign hitman movie on Netflix called Interview With A Hitman. I thought I'd share with you guys.

Edit: I'm only 3 months late

The true bro bump.
Anyway I believe filming should start soon, though I wonder if fast 7 will interfere with shooting for it.

Sure. Why not. It's not like this franchise has that interesting of a narrative. I don't need an exceptional actor in the role.

I might be the only one, but I can see Paul Walker doing a good job as Agent 47. At least better than Timothy Olyphant.

Am I the only one that could see his potential from his movies Bobby Z and Running Scared?

Drakeon

What's the point of rebooting it if you're using the same writer from the first one? Timothy Olyphant is not the only one to blame for that movie. Paul Worker sure as hell isn't an upgrade.

Jason Statham can be Hitman.

He IS Hitman; he's so close to playing him in too many movies. It would've been like Orlando Bloom playing Link at some point - too easy. I guess some casting directors like (cheap) challenges.

Olyphant was actually perfect as Agent 47. The film had plenty of notable flaws but Olyphant wasn't one of them.

I'll agree with this. Olyphant did much better than I thought he would in the role.

Bwaaaahaahaahahahaahhaaaaaaaaaa....

*breathe*

HAAAAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAaaaaaa!

EDIT: Oh whoops, just saw it was a bump. My post stands.

I have to concur. Can't laugh that hard cause I'm at work though.

Sad how I can almost take an random Statham movie, re-title it Agent 47, and can guarantee it'll be better than the actual one. Unless Paul has a range he's been hiding up until now, he'd better not talk.

Top Bottom