• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trailer (Sequel, PS4 has exclusive DLC, December 8, 2015)

For those unsure, unhappy or outright complaining about how 47 looks, note that his face was sort of thicker in absolution, most probably due to him not training much( being on the run and all). Now in the new trailer he's been training, even has a new best time. Notice when Diana even says "good to have you back 47" he's more refined at this point. Better than ever. Deadlier than ever. This is 47 guys. (note that he even agreed(?) to get his barcode back after absolution)

I think you might be reading a bit too much into why absolutions 47 looked different. I'm almost positive that absolutions version of 47 looked different solely because the original plan was to have him voiced by someone else, and the actual motion capture and facial modelling was done by someone different to David bateson,since he didn't add voice work till after that was all set.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've just straight up decided to ignore absolutions plot points too.

Starting to get really hyped about this

That excellent trailer sort of reinvigorated my interest in the series and I'm planning on reinstalling blood money soon

Also I think I might warm up to their idea of episodic delivery for this game

I can see myself playing a game like this in pieces rather than all at once in bulk

I hope it doesn't become a trend for sure, but for this series I can see it working

This is easily my most anticipated game now. I managed to put 50 hours into Absolution so the idea of a combination of Blood Money's openness and Absolution's far superior movement options seems like perfection. Time to replay the entire series! Or well, play 5 minutes of the first game and then replay the other games.

absolutionhssuw.png
Absolution is a flawed gem

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
This is easily my most anticipated game now. I managed to put 50 hours into Absolution so the idea of a combination of Blood Money's openness and Absolution's far superior movement options seems like perfection. Time to replay the entire series! Or well, play 5 minutes of the first game and then replay the other games.

I like absolutions' blending. So I kinda hope it's in this game too.

I feel like Absolution would have been a lot better for me if I had really gotten my head around the disguise system, but I was so used to the BM method that I never gave it a fair shake. I went through the story mode once and I did some contracts, and I LOVED the contracts mode in concept, but I just never got the gumption to really dig into them because I never felt like I was free to traverse the level, someone was always suspicious of me.

Xater

If this really is a return to form for me it all comes down to what is in the game in December. I still don't think they have been very clear about that. Is it as much game as Blood Money and they will add stuff on top of that? The thing that makes me skeptical about how much game will be there in December is that the physical release is later.

I think you might be reading a bit too much into why absolutions 47 looked different. I'm almost positive that absolutions version of 47 looked different solely because the original plan was to have him voiced by someone else, and the actual motion capture and facial modelling was done by someone different to David bateson,since he didn't add voice work till after that was all set.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've just straight up decided to ignore absolutions plot points too.

You're right, the voice acting and motion capture was originally done by William Mapother.

There's a short clip of him on the interwebs as well in the role, he actually didn't sound too bad.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Kotaku: The New Hitman’s Creative Director Is Saying All The Right Things
Elverdam says Hitman’s level design philosophy will closely mirror Blood Money. Each level will be a large sandbox populated by hundreds of AI-controlled characters. (For reference, Elverdam said that Absolution levels had between 20 and 40 AI characters that could challenge the player, but that there were 300 in the Paris level he was demoing.) For each level, 47 will have a target to kill, and that’ll pretty much be it. It’s a marked change from Absolution, which often featured restrictive story missions with various objectives in between its more open-ended assassination missions.
The story itself will be told in between assassination missions, rather than during them. There won’t really be any linear “story missions” like there were in Absolution, where story events and cutscenes played out over the course of the level. Elverdam described the game as “about a hitman and his target,” and said that “we won’t force the player’s hand by saying ‘this needs to happen, that needs to happen.’”

Metalmarc

So let me get this straight if i dont buy the game day one, i'm going to miss out on a ton of content because it constanly changes at a set time.

Hmmm

A quick summary of gameplay details from Reddit
Is there a mini map? - Yes.
Is there a satellite map - Yes.
Is Instinct back and how does it work? - Yes and it can only be used to locate targets and objects, requires no "mana".
Can you Lockpick - Yes you are able to lockpick doors again, and is one of the tools you can use to open doors with.
Is the QTEs still there - Yes and it works the same was as in Absolution.
Can you open and close doors? - Yes.
Is Posions and Sedatives back? - Yes, there are two kinds of posions this time around, one that makes the target sick, the other is lethal.
Disguises how do they work? - Disguises works almost the same as in Blood Money, but this time around there are cheif personal that can see through your disguise.
Are there gloves? - Yes, but not in the mission we played (that might change) and they are back to the original design.
Is Diana Back? - Yes she is once again 47's I.C.A Handler.
Are there Mele weapons - Yes, Crowbars, Wrenchs, Screwdrivers, the tools have a secondary use. Can be used to tamper with envioment and distract NPC.
What happens with dead bodies? - Dead bodies will be removed in body bags and stored away.
How is the Inventory - You have limited inventory space, so choose your late out with thought.
How is the Weapon selection Weapon selection, works the same way as it did in pre Absolution.
Is Magic Pockets still there? - No 47 no longer possess bottomless pockets in his pans.
Is the suitcase/briefcases back? - Yes and it perfectly fits his sniper rifle.
Is the coins back and how do they work? Yes Coins are back, but they can no longer lure NPC away from their location, only make them turn around. Bigger objects is need for that.
Can 47 fake surrender? - Yes.
Are there cctv - Yes.

Bowl0l

So let me get this straight if i dont buy the game day one, i'm going to miss out on a ton of content because it constanly changes at a set time.

Hmmm
I will now wait for the PC version which a modder added all the contents...

Zero reason to buy a game with time exclusive events. This stunt reminds of Pokemon ORAS and
Eon ticket..

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Cool that coins are back but tweaked since they were broken as hell in BM. Love the game and all, but it had balance issues with that and human shields being too powerful so hopefully that's ironed out more.

SentryDown

This episodic/early-access release model is rather interesting, I hope some website will publish an interview about the development process behind this (obviously more than a secondary smaller DLC team)

MMaRsu

Banned
so this games out in about 5 months and theres no gameplay footage of it?
and nobodys even 100% sure what it really is?

cool..

I think they are just doing contracts in an episodic form.

I already pre-ordered. I think this will be much more like Blood Money

Pachimari

so this games out in about 5 months and theres no gameplay footage of it?
and nobodys even 100% sure what it really is?

cool..

gameplay trailer =/= gameplay footage.

and the anouncement date doesnt matter, the release date does.
Are you for real!?

Give them some time. It were just announced and I'm pretty sure they have a detailed plan as to when to reveal and showcase stuff.

Be a little patient.

You can probably thank Square's new president for the change back the classic Hitman style

"The development team for Hitman: Absolution really struggled in this regard. They implemented a vast amount of ‘elements for the mass’ instead of for the core fans, as a way to try getting as many new players possible. It was a strategy to gain mass appeal. However, what makes the Hitman series good is its appeal to core gamers, and many fans felt the lack of focus in that regard, which ended up making it struggle in sales.”

“So, as for the AAA titles we’re currently developing for series, we basically want to go back to their roots and focus on the core audience, while working hard on content that can have fans say things like ‘this is the Hitman, we know’. I believe that is the best way for our development studios to display their strengths.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31/bravely-defaults-success-west-making-square-enix-rethink-jrpgs/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Tell me about it

It's going to be so hard for me to choose between Fallout 4 and Hitman. I actually leaning more towards Hitman, because I know I'll never finish Fallout.

I can wait on Fallout for bit, I think. Pardon the rhyme but, as much as I adore Fallout, Hitman is my jam (along with MGS and Max Payne, of course). I have to know if they've got it back on track!

I can wait on Fallout for bit, I think. Pardon the rhyme but, as much as I adore Fallout, Hitman is my jam (along with MGS and Max Payne, of course). I have to know if they've got it back on track!

Not to mention that there'll probably be a few minor bugs to iron out with Fallout 4. Just a few. Maybe.

Random question: I can run Absolution at Medium quality. Since this new game is also on the Glacier engine, I should be able to run it, right?

Random question: I can run Absolution at Medium quality. Since this new game is also on the Glacier engine, I should be able to run it, right?

The graphics seem to be a bit watered down from Absolution, probably owing to the larger levels and non-segmented design. Can't really tell right now, but I would expect it to run on machines that could run Absolution reasonably.

justjim89

justjim89

Changes to coins sound good. I don't remember what the QTEs were like in Absolution anymore.

The timing on them was kinda fucked, at least for me. I never won a fistfight in that game. But I suppose it works in short bursts on limited occasions, as long as they fix the timing windows. 47 should look like a badass in single combat, but they needn't waste development efforts on some intricate melee system when 90% of players will just quick load as soon as any altercation starts.

And hopefully coins don't completely break the game like they did in Blood Money.

Foffy

Banned

Damn, all of those Blood Money elements being carried over. It already sounds like they're trying to nerf some of the OP items like the coin.

As great of a social stealth game like Blood Money was, it was perhaps the easiest game in the franchise because so many elements in the game made it crazy easy to do missions without problems. That's the major downside to Blood Money; the game was, by and large, an incredibly easy affair. I can't name a hard level at all from the game.

It sounds now like they have the time to expand on that, as Absolution kind of watered everything down, and it was also a game that actually assumed you finished it without switching into disguises, which is kind of the stealth part in a Hitman game. I think there's literally one mission that's designed where cutscenes don't reflect an idea that you were in default gear the whole time, and that's because
47 gets attacked at a resort, and starts out in a robe

Jintor

I like the idea of "BOSS" NPCs or supervisors that are suspicious of people who obviously aren't the right people in uniform. I hope they're visibily distinctive in some way though so you can tell at a glance who's going to out you and who's harmless while you're geared up.

justjim89

I like the idea of "BOSS" NPCs or supervisors that are suspicious of people who obviously aren't the right people in uniform. I hope they're visibily distinctive in some way though so you can tell at a glance who's going to out you and who's harmless while you're geared up.

It seems like a good balance between Blood Money and Absolution's disguise systems. Blood Money was too easy, Absolution was too hard. This sounds like a happy middle.

It seems like a good balance between Blood Money and Absolution's disguise systems. Blood Money was too easy, Absolution was too hard. This sounds like a happy middle.

So far, Contracts had probably the most well-balanced difficulty of the series. Not as absurd as 2, not as piss-easy as Blood Money. Hope this game is more like Contracts in that regard.

Interfectum

Hmmm

It's not really content worth stressing out over. They aren't new levels or weapons. It's seems basically something like "you have 24 hours to kill this <random NPC> on this <random level you already have>."

Moff

It's not really content worth stressing out over. They aren't new levels or weapons. It's seems basically something like "you have 24 hours to kill this <random NPC> on this <random level you already have>."

that's my guess as well, it will most likely be some random contracts in existing levels. at the most maybe they are special npcs designed especially for those timed contracts but I honestly doubt that.

Top Bottom