• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trailer (Sequel, PS4 has exclusive DLC, December 8, 2015)

justjim89

The best thing about Kane and Lynch is it was a catalyst for the founding of Giant Bomb. That's the extent of its positive contributions to the industry.

Rembrandt

Banned
Kane and Lynch was terrible and sold terrible. Somehow, they saw that as indication people wanted a sequel. They could have made another new IP or Hitman game instead of the mediocre KL2.

i actually really liked both of them. they were gritty as fuck and the multiplayer was great.

Same here... I liked the opening to the first one, especially when you're running around outside and that jet flies over. And, I really liked the second game. Horrible gameplay though... actually, last few times I was in the mood for Dog Days, I just watched it on youtube... Says a lot about what makes it good. I liked the video filter and shaky hand-camera, the setting, and the characters. Especially the torture scene, brutal as hell, and then how they wear weird mis-sized clothes afterwards.

My Trevor in GTA V has a big gerrybeard, and sometimes wears a pink mis-sized track suit and bug eye pink women's sunglasses because it reminds me of Lynch from that scene.

Kind of interesting how between Shanghai in Kane & Lynch or Hengsha in Deus Ex, even Chinatown NY I guess it was in Hitman... last half decade or so in a Square Enix published game you're just as likely to ride a chocobo toward a crystal cave as you are to be in dark city shootout with Chinese gangsters.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm very disappointed with the digital first thing. RE Revelations 2 followed the same episodic model and got a physical edition at launch regardless. Being a game collector, it means that I'll have to buy the game twice eventually...

This success of this will probably come down to how much content is in the initial release, I suppose. If it's a good 8 hours or so with season pass-esque content/expansions for the better part of a year then it could be a huge, consumer friendly move.

Not sure taking the piss on devs for trying out new IP's is actually appreciated on here. I for one love when developpers create new IP's, and Kane and Lynch had some good things going on for it.

Eidos is a developer now? Kane and Lynch 1 was shit, and IO wanted to work on Hitman, but Eidos made them work on K&L 2 instead.

I'm replaying K&L: Dead Men and that game is fantastic, you people are drunk. Shooting's fine, you just have to keep it to short bursts. People been spoiled with all the hyper-accurate, line up crosshair and immediately get a kill shooting of most games nowadays.

That gameplay demo is super exciting to read about, I hope we see more.

DOWN

Banned
This success of this will probably come down to how much content is in the initial release, I suppose. If it's a good 8 hours or so with season pass-esque content/expansions for the better part of a year then it could be a huge, consumer friendly move.
That's not how episodic releases generally work though. You don't get the full walking dead game at launch and just wait for DLC when you buy the pass, you are waiting for the segments of the campaign

Sounds almost like it's a full retail game with an episodic release schedule... just like they said. This seems to be perplexing to people here.

uh what

http://www.pcgamer.com/hitmans-additional-missions-will-be-free/ said:
"It is fully complete at launch but it is not finished," Io boss Hannes Seifert told Videogamer.

when im hearing doublespeak like the above combined with a potpourri meaningless gaming shell terms like ecosystem, evolving, lively, etc. it gives me a bit of fuckin pause of what theyre actually doing

I'm replaying K&L: Dead Men and that game is fantastic, you people are drunk. Shooting's fine, you just have to keep it to short bursts. People been spoiled with all the hyper-accurate, line up crosshair and immediately get a kill shooting of most games nowadays.

Ths shooting in K&L sucked, bro. People have been spoiled by games with good controls and having your bullets actually go where you aim rather than elsewhere.

Dead Men wasn't bad, the sequel was a piece of sh**

All future content will be free, no micro-transactions, physical version coming out when the whole story has been released.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/hitma...ent_and_levels_will_be_released_for_free.html
excellent, i will buy the physical version
Sorry if this has been posted before:
From the trailer:
v07FK4O.jpg

lol that's awesome

The old screw up From Blood Money:
jSZ7TSD.jpg
haha thats awesome

how soon will be get a physical complete release? i guess we're talking a year?

Yeah I'd like to know this too? I'm not buying anymore digital games in the foreseeable future. I'd pick this up at retail though. I enjoyed both Absolution and Blood Money, so I really have no preference as long as the levels and contracts are enjoyable as heck..

Best wishes,

That's not how episodic releases generally work though. You don't get the full walking dead game at launch and just wait for DLC when you buy the pass, you are waiting for the segments of the campaign

Sure. Maybe my wording was off, but my point was that the initial release has to have a good amount of content to convince people to hand over a full retail fee. And it seems they realise that:

"What we do is we start the journey on December 8 and what we put out there is going to be a big game. But over the course of 2016 we'll add more..."

While I'm in the "hyped but concerned" camp regarding content, I'd concede that if the missions we get at launch are as open and flexible as we're being led to believe then there ought to be some scope for re playability.

BlackJace

So

The announcement trailer is one of the best edited trailers I've seen this E3, probably the best. Full of energy and intrigue.
I don't have a PS4, so I'll be missing the beta, but excited nonetheless.

Foffy

Banned
So

The announcement trailer is one of the best edited trailers I've seen this E3, probably the best. Full of energy and intrigue.
I don't have a PS4, so I'll be missing the beta, but excited nonetheless.

PC gets a beta a week after the PS4 version.

What's so hard to understand?
"It is fully complete at launch but it is not finished," studio head Hannes Seifert told VideoGamer.com at E3 earlier today. "What we do is we start the journey on December 8 and what we put out there is going to be a big game. But over the course of 2016 we'll add more locations, more missions and we'll have things like targets that only appear for, say, 2 days. That's something you can only do in the live world."

...So it's a very big game [that] we will keep updating. It's $60, no dollar more, no DLC or microtransactions or stuff like that. You will buy it and you will have entertainment for a few months on top."
So...a full game that'll get free and regular content updates post-release. The game will be "fully complete at launch" but their support of the game won't be "finished" at launch due to the devs adding "more locations, more missions and...targets that only appear for, say, 2 days"

Moff

If it really was a "finished" game they would probably release the numbers of missions. like we launch with 25 missions and will release 12 more within a year.
but since they do not do that I fully expect the initial number of missions to be much lower. probably less than half of the full game. but as I said already I kinda dig the concept so it's not a dealbreaker, yet for me.

If it really was a "finished" game they would probably release the numbers of missions. like we launch with 25 missions and will release 12 more within a year.
but since they do not do that I fully expect the initial number of missions to be much lower. probably less than half of the full game. but as I said already I kinda dig the concept so it's not a dealbreaker, yet for me.
Well Blood Money had 13 levels (12 if you discount Requiem), Contracts had 12, and Silent Assassin had 21

I'd expect this to have an amount in the Blood Money/Contracts range. Maybe less. 10 missions would be fine IMO if these are the densest, largest Hitman levels yet

From the trailer, we can assume there are at least 6 missions if each of those areas is a different mission
bboHxVw.gif

ref

Kyd's score is so incredibly vital to the Hitman experience, in my opinion.

It creates the perfect atmosphere.

Pachimari

I should seriously leave IO a letter (as I live only minutes away from them), and ask them to include Copenhagen in one of their Hitman games. 6 games, and we're still not represented. Would be so cool.

Foffy

Banned
Well Blood Money had 13 levels (12 if you discount Requiem), Contracts had 12, and Silent Assassin had 21

I'd expect this to have an amount in the Blood Money/Contracts range. Maybe less. 10 missions would be fine IMO if these are the densest, largest Hitman levels yet

From the trailer, we can assume there are at least 6 missions if each of those areas is a different mission
bboHxVw.gif

They claimed the game was, by and large, bigger than Absolution, which had 20 missions (21 if you count the Sniper Challenge prequel mission).

But overall, it matters more on the volume of stuff in the stages than the volume of stages. Look at Hitman: Sniper for example; it's a game that seems to have one core level, but around 150 mini missions to do in it, with around 13 targets to eliminate based around those missions. I have to imagine this idea will be carried over into Hitman 6, for it easily increases the playtime of the base level by great magnitudes. I think this idea is where the PS4 version getting exclusive stuff comes into play, too.

I think the game will have a lot of life in it, so the only thing we really have to confirm for ourselves is if the base gameplay is a return to form. I believe Instinct is back, but it's more like it is in Sniper than Absolution in that it's a feature never forced on you. I would imagine point shooting is back too, based on the trailer.

Tacitus_

So...a full game that'll get free and regular content updates post-release. The game will be "fully complete at launch" but their support of the game won't be "finished" at launch due to the devs adding "more locations, more missions and...targets that only appear for, say, 2 days"

That's what I got out of it too, but they could've worded it a bit better. Either way, once we get closer to release and know the launch content, you can make an informed decision whether to buy at launch.

They claimed the game was, by and large, bigger than Absolution, which had 20 missions (21 if you count the Sniper Challenge prequel mission).

But overall, it matters more on the volume of stuff in the stages than the volume of stages. Look at Hitman: Sniper for example; it's a game that seems to have one core level, but around 150 mini missions to do in it, with around 13 targets to eliminate based around those missions. I have to imagine this idea will be carried over into Hitman 6, for it easily increases the playtime of the base level by great magnitudes. I think this idea is where the PS4 version getting exclusive stuff comes into play, too.

I think the game will have a lot of life in it, so the only thing we really have to confirm for ourselves is if the base gameplay is a return to form. I believe Instinct is back, but it's more like it is in Sniper than Absolution in that it's a feature never forced on you. I would imagine point shooting is back too, based on the trailer.
But Absolution is a weird case. Four of those "missions" barely even qualify as missions. You really didn't do anything in them (Welcome to Hope, Birdies Gift, End of the Road, One of a Kind)

So Absolution only had 16 "real" missions. And then the game divided levels that were essentially in the same location into multiple missions (Run For Your Life/Hunter and Hunted, Dexter Industries/Death Factory, etc.)

KORNdoggy

That's what I got out of it too, but they could've worded it a bit better. Either way, once we get closer to release and know the launch content, you can make an informed decision whether to buy at launch.

So what is their thinking behind a delayed physical release? I'd understand if it wasn't a complete game by that point. Like episode 1 of a telltales game. But if they're launching complete and adding to it as time goes by, why the early digital release?

Please be Blood Money 2.

That's all I want with a hitman game, and David Bateson.

From the model in the trailers it looks like Agent 47 circa Codename 47 or maybe even Hitman 2:SA. Great look, game looks good but I am waiting to see if it ends up just being Absolution 2.

I hated Absolution and to this day is probably one of the worst AAA games I've ever played, and a terrible Hitman game, Blood Money continues to be the best in the series.

ref

Please be Blood Money 2.

That's all I want with a hitman game, and David Bateson.

From the model in the trailers it looks like Agent 47 circa Codename 47 or maybe even Hitman 2:SA. Great look, game looks good but I am waiting to see if it ends up just being Absolution 2.

I hated Absolution and to this day is probably one of the worst AAA games I've ever played, and a terrible Hitman game, Blood Money continues to be the best in the series.

Well said, I agree completely.

Have they released a full version of the music used for the trailer yet? All I'm getting is rips from the trailer/remixes which apparently means loops.

Praying it's Jesper Kyd.
And praying next E3 brings me a Splinter Cell with another Amon Tobin score.

sector4

All the love for Jesper Kyd in here is making me happy. This is my favourite track off Blood Money, so perfectly fitting for the mission which also happens to be my favourite level in any Hitman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0kmgysf2Q

Is there any actual gameplay floating around for this? I just watched a 12 minute IGN "Gameplay" video, and there wasn't one moment when someone picked up a controller and demoed the game :\

The pricing is quite interesting to see for a digital only game. €50 on both PC and PS4.

That makes it cheaper than the average console retail game (€60) but more expensive than a PC retail game (€40).

thenexus6

Kyd's score is so incredibly vital to the Hitman experience, in my opinion.

It creates the perfect atmosphere.

Yup, one of the best soundtracks in a franchise. Each game has great music, super atmospheric.

If we are talking about tracks, i've always loved this one for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ACJ089qsfM especially at the 0:47 mark.

Also Winter Night is a super hitman track. Such a unique sound.

Damn, I can't believe a new Hitman is coming out this year!!

DOWN

Banned
I'm feeling like giving up on mentioning the release schedule. I am having trouble grasping how some of these interpretations are coming up and people are getting any idea from it being an Early Access Alpha to a full campaign on day one that Square are just jerks for not releasing physically.

Tacitus_

So what is their thinking behind a delayed physical release? I'd understand if it wasn't a complete game by that point. Like episode 1 of a telltales game. But if they're launching complete and adding to it as time goes by, why the early digital release?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was going to get a digital version anyway.

Totally agree. My expectation is that the game on launch will have like 5 or 6 levels, with more coming in the months after launch. I expect that each one will work out somewhat similar to how MGSV:GZ was put together, where you have a main narrative mission, then a bunch of side missions. Of course the contracts mode (which is going to be EXCELLENT if the rest of the mechanics are there) will add extra replay value.

Basically, there's no getting off this hype train for me.

For those unsure, unhappy or outright complaining about how 47 looks, note that his face was sort of thicker in absolution, most probably due to him not training much( being on the run and all). Now in the new trailer he's been training, even has a new best time. Notice when Diana even says "good to have you back 47" he's more refined at this point. Better than ever. Deadlier than ever. This is 47 guys. (note that he even agreed(?) to get his barcode back after absolution)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yup, one of the best soundtracks in a franchise. Each game has great music, super atmospheric.

If we are talking about tracks, i've always loved this one for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ACJ089qsfM especially at the 0:47 mark.

Also Winter Night is a super hitman track. Such a unique sound.

Damn, I can't believe a new Hitman is coming out this year!!

Yeah, I love Winter Night. As mentioned earlier, Vegas is also great. PERFECTLY set the mood for moving around the level, getting into position to put together your sniper and take care of shit, then walk through the halls with nobody knowing.

I've always liked Exploration from 2 as well. I would be ecstatic if Kyd is back for this.

Pachimari

For those unsure, unhappy or outright complaining about how 47 looks, note that his face was sort of thicker in absolution, most probably due to him not training much( being on the run and all). Now in the new trailer he's been training, even has a new best time. Notice when Diana even says "good to have you back 47" he's more refined at this point. Better than ever. Deadlier than ever. This is 47 guys. (note that he even agreed(?) to get his barcode back after absolution)
I thought people had been speculating it is a prequel to Hitman: Agent 47.

Top Bottom