• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Arials

Thank goodness you have options to turn all (or only most?) of the HUD elements off, I'd been thinking they were overbearing.

My concerns about the quality of writing haven't been allayed though. That conversation earlier that started the quest was stilted and wooden.

Tyaren

As beautiful as the game is, there are also a couple of of glaring oversights, like water not rippling when swimming or wading through it or toppled trees just falling through the ground.

hudrbo63.jpg

Nice. :)

Very nice. More games need to do this.

-griffy-

Banned
Not sure how I feel about fast travel packs. And I'm hoping the game is autosaving as well and you just need to go to campfires to manually save?

Not sure how I feel about fast travel packs. And I'm hoping the game is autosaving as well and you just need to go to campfires to manually save?
I like that actually. I always felt that readily available fast travel kind of undercuts the whole notion of an open world, especially in ones with more dynamic interactions in the world. Making fast travel more of a resource decision encourages more exploration and being more cautious out in the wild

Those bandits had some good A.I.

There are similar features, where you can pin recipes and the components location will show up on the map - but I like the UX decision to just merge this idea in with quests, reducing the overall amount of micromanagement.

You know. ;)

Yeah that sounds neat. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom