• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Reckheim

Game looks cool, but anything with Dinosaurs is.
I hope the girls constant talking to her self was for the trailer only, that was annoying.

I dont know, it seemed like she didnt open her mouth while she was talking so maybe we were just hearing her thoughts.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Game looks cool, but anything with Dinosaurs is.
I hope the girls constant talking to her self was for the trailer only, that was annoying.
I figure she'll say some stuff and they just turned it up a bit for the demo so we could get an idea of the world and her personality. When she takes down the first machine, she says sorry then explains why so the audience understands what's going on. I assume in game she'll only say "Sorry, little one".

KingK

No MP confirmed by Herman Hulst on Gamespot stage show. All SP. Good to hear they're focusing on that.

This gives me more confidence that the game will be long enough and have enough hours of gameplay/quests for a proper RPG.

The gameplay does look pretty well suited to co-op play though, so maybe it's something they could add in a sequel once they've got a solid foundation laid.

Lemondish

Am I the only one to think that the vibrant city in the begining of the trailer looked like the city in Killzone?

Maybe this takes place in that world, just MANY MANY MANYYYY years later.?

I thought it looked an awful lot like Vancouver, to be honest.

A belief that was reinforced when the lights out scene with the globe spin ended over the island itself.

Now that'll be awesome! Same universe

Probably not considering it very clearly takes place on earth.

Lemondish

I am getting some the 100 tv show vibes from this game, not in a bad way.

This game has a lot of angles it could take. There could be factions that want to stick to a
primitivist way of life where other factions could be going after the polar opposite.

There may even be an overwatch ultimate leader that is watching the various groups rise to higher position in civilization while they pull strings and manipulate progression through the robotic creatures/technology.

Guerilla games really has a solid foundation to build upon.

If you watch the initial trailer, that's EXACTLY what they're discussing.

This game was a pleasant surprise. I'm very interested. First big western game not made by Retro Studios that has caught my eye.

But, that's just a first impression. I don't like very strong violence (committed on other people in particular) and lots of cussing/swearing.

Heroine did say the 'D' word once, but I don't want the occasional slip to bother me. But if it becomes too frequent and throws in a lot of the 'S' and 'F' bombs, then yeah, game won't be for me as I won't be able to identify with the character (talking about the heroine, specifically). That's fine, it's rare for these kind of games to appeal to me. But hey, I'll keep my hopes up for now. :)

Looks good, but I really can't stand when the character you're controlling constantly talks during gameplay.

Oh yeah, I agree. It also felt weird because she was talking to herself .

No MP is fine by me. Makes me feel they have a really fleshed out world prepared. If they nail it however, i fully expect some sort of co-op in a sequel.

Ivan

Hey GAF!

Mark Norris, Senior Producer on Horizon Zero Dawn here. I just wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words from many of you on the thread here so far, and that some of your questions (but definitely not all!) will be answered over the course of the next couple days.

One thing I can confirm for you is that every single shot in the demo video was taken from in-game, and those locations are discoverable over the course of your journey.

I'll let you get back to the regularly scheduled speculation :)

Nice to see you here, Mark :).

Easily game of the show, say hello to your designers/concept artists , they rock.

Stay true to your vision, don't read gaf too much ;).

Watched it again.

Jaw remains on the floor. Incredible show.

And people wonder why I clamor for a technically astounding Monster Hunter title. The level of detail in the machines is downright insane. The style of the character model is outstanding. Love the flowing red dreads and the fur clothing. Love the weapon designs ad the enemy modeling. Seriously. This is downright flawless for a first impression

Do we know the voice actor? Was also very well done.

Jobbs

Banned
Looks good, but I really can't stand when the character you're controlling constantly talks during gameplay.

My belief is that the chatter will occur naturally in play, but it was concentrated/exaggerated for the purpose of the demo. Again, these demos need to be so brief, so they're very orchestrated, very condensed. The battle itself was likely condensed too.

The chatter will probably also increase, obviously, when you're actively engaged in a quest with your current actions.

I'm totally fine with it. In Winter, in The Last of Us, Ellie talks to herself the whole time, and it completely works. It added immensely to it.

B.O.O.M

I want to know is there more melee weapon? I love bow and arrow I would love some kick ass melee combat.

This is a very good Q. I'm a HUGE fan of KZ Melee so would love for more weapons/options for melee combat in this game.

Also is co-op considered to be multiplayer? Because I think co-op might be pretty rad.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So towns, levelling system, quests etc?

We do not know full details, but over the next couple of days more things will be revealed.

This is exciting...

Hey GAF!

Mark Norris, Senior Producer on Horizon Zero Dawn here. I just wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words from many of you on the thread here so far, and that some of your questions (but definitely not all!) will be answered over the course of the next couple days.

One thing I can confirm for you is that every single shot in the demo video was taken from in-game, and those locations are discoverable over the course of your journey.

Easily my most anticipated game announced at E3 (and game of the show for me). The artwork and blend of nature and machine is god tier. Let your art team know between the designs in KZ:SF and this, they are pure wizards.

Runners up for me now are The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, and Battlefront of course.

Hey GAF!

Congrats. Can't wait to learn more.

cripterion

Combat is one of the things we will see improve greatly this gen. We are starting to see this: Horizon, For Honor, From soft. games...
It was high time the main gameplay feature was settled in the first place, where it belonged.

youre-goddamn-right-gif.gif

Sony had a direct answer for everything MS threw at it.

Halo was answered with this.

Tomb Raider with Uncharted.

Its a great time to be a gamer I want to play them all.

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
Loved the Sony conference so much, because most of the games were fresh and original. Especially this game!

Except for BLOPS3, haha. I can't believe how anybody can find that series interesting anymore!

I can't stop watching the reveal trailer and listening to the music.

This is gonna be the standard for game reveals. In-engine cut scene into a bit of gameplay.

Hopefully other Song studios who have yet to reveal their games follow suit.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
No MP is ok, but Co-op has to be in the game i say! A bit like how Destiny works with fire teams and explore together.

Also hope you can set camp at night together (something like Dayz).

Lemondish

Loved the Sony conference so much, because all the games were so fresh and original. Especially this game!

Except for MW3, haha. I can't believe how anybody can find that series interesting anymore!

It's like your favourite restaurant. You've been there a thousand times, but when they update the menu it always has the chance to impact you. Sometimes they take away a great dessert and you feel sad, but other times they add fantastic new dishes that you totally love. But at the end of the day it's still the same place you've been a thousand times.

And you know what? I think that's okay.

OT: Any new info from the Gamespot thing?

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
It's like your favourite restaurant. You've been there a thousand times, but when they update the menu it always has the chance to impact you. Sometimes they take away a great desert, and other times they add fantastic new dishes. But at the end of the day it's still the same place you've been a thousand times.

And you know what? I think that's okay.

OT: Any new info from the Gamespot thing?

Damn, now everyone sees that I edited my post. Can't believe I wrote MW3. :p

Each to their own, I guess.

Shengar

No MP confirmed by Herman Hulst on Gamespot stage show. All SP. Good to hear they're focusing on that.

Bummer. Yet they have various promotional artwork with 3 or even 4 hunters taking down a robot-dinosaur? What's the point then :/
Not really a dealbreaker for me but it severely hamper down my hype.
No MP is ok, but Co-op has to be in the game i say! A bit like how Destiny works with fire teams and explore together.

Also hope you can set camp at night together (something like Dayz).
Does people separate coop from MP? Isn't coop a specific form of multiplayer?
Well it's good that they don't have competitive multiplayer since this kind of game only benefit from coop multiplayer.

Top Bottom