• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Who said they were created by humans?

Sure, science fiction stories about robots always start with the idea of artificial intelligence encased in a bipedal form created by man. No reason they wouldn't continue to adapt and change to their environment just as organics do when man is no longer their controller.
This is what I'm thinking. There was even a Futurama episode about evolving machines and it was great.

One question and only one question

Dialogue trees y/n?

There'll be no talking trees in this RPG, it's not the Hobbit.

Much <3 for actually making this game. Game stood out from everything else honestly.
Really can't wait to get my hands on it.
image.php

Oh, the AWACosaurus. I love that guy.

When I saw that game I was super hyped up but seeing it come from Guerilla I guess there's no chance of a pc port. This is a game that needs 60 fps. I could only wish...

Namikaze1

Man, I've seen the reveal at least 15 times now. Not much of a Killzone fan but this immediately grabbed my attention. It has such a unique setting and freaking robot dinosaurs! And the protagonist reminds me a lot of Ygritte from Game of Thrones. Day one for sure.

Drencrom

Hey GAF!

Mark Norris, Senior Producer on Horizon Zero Dawn here. I just wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words from many of you on the thread here so far, and that some of your questions (but definitely not all!) will be answered over the course of the next couple days.

One thing I can confirm for you is that every single shot in the demo video was taken from in-game, and those locations are discoverable over the course of your journey.

I'll let you get back to the regularly scheduled speculation :)

Looks phenomenal! The concept is amazing, really hope you guys and gals fully take use of the premise and deliver!

Also, will there be guns besides swords, bows and spears? And will we be able to climb and stab these robot monstrosities like in SoTC? Because I need that.

Hey GAF!

Mark Norris, Senior Producer on Horizon Zero Dawn here. I just wanted to say thanks so much for the kind words from many of you on the thread here so far, and that some of your questions (but definitely not all!) will be answered over the course of the next couple days.

One thing I can confirm for you is that every single shot in the demo video was taken from in-game, and those locations are discoverable over the course of your journey.

Thanks for dropping by! I've never been a fan of Guerilla Games but you guys definitely peaked my interest and its definitely my most anticipated game coming out next year alongside Uncharted 4. Hope to see more information drops in the future, as well as hopefully you guys make the expected launch of 2016.

Best wishes.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Looks phenomenal! The concept is amazing, really hope you guys and gals fully take use of the premise and deliver!

Also, will there be guns besides swords, bows and spears? And will we be able to climb and stab these robot monstrosities like in SoTC? Because I need that.

I kept waiting for her to grab the tail and start climbing up the back but sadly it wasnt there.

B.O.O.M

Hey GAF!

You and your team should be proud because that was one hell of a reveal. The gameplay, atmosphere and environments looks phenomenal as well.

I hope one of the Qs you will be answering is how open/big the world of this game is. A bit more details on that aspect would be ace. But again congrats.

Hey GAF!

It looks phenomenal Mark! Best wishes to you and the rest of the team.

Hey GAF!

The game looks amazing. Really looking forward to this game and hearing more about it. Thanks for stopping by!

Not Official Packshot

Well it should be.

Get rid of that "Not Official Packshot" bar at the bottom and it's good to go!

Up there amongst the top games shown or announced at E3 for me.

First of all, so glad Guerilla's doing something which is not more Killzone. Then it also looked pretty good. Felt like some mash-up of Jurassic Park, B.C and Transformers (or Dino Riders). Maybe there's some Monster Hunter or Shadow of Colossus going on? Part of the appeal is real childish, and you may catch yourself thinking "but...how does this make sense?" but you know. Regardless of what the game is like on a broader scale, that was an excellent demonstration of this particular chunk of it. Looked like an ok time taking that robosaur down.

ninjabat

Only nitpick is how her spear disappears right at the end after she puts in on her back.

But man, that moment when she stands at the edge of that cliff and the Horizon Zero: Dawn name drops with the epic music is all Hype.

Love that the lead character is young, maybe she will grow in the sequels. Like growing with a character, makes for good immersion.

Magnus

Fantastic showing. Really great stuff. I don't even care if the lore, history, story, etc. makes any sense at all. It's cool as shit. Bring it on.

It looks FUN.

Elfstruck

Hey GAF!

Oh man, you guys nailed it. The atmosphere, the character, the combat... Actually, you guys nailed everything I could think of.

Putty

Looks truly outstanding. I downloaded the Gamersyde movie and blows me away....Visually just top tier. Foliage looks just gorgeous with hardly any noticable foliage pop up......

This game was the best thing at the sony show, great looking visual design, engine, and potential gameplay.

I seriously hope it has nothing to do with ubisoft style open world design though.
Looks truly outstanding. I downloaded the Gamersyde movie and blows me away....Visually just top tier. Foliage looks just gorgeous with hardly any noticable foliage pop up......

Yes, definitely a fine looking outdoor environ.
Why does it need 60fps?

:D I wouldn't mind.

Hey GAF!

Thanks to you guys!
Can't wait to see more!

hawk2025

When I saw that game I was super hyped up but seeing it come from Guerilla I guess there's no chance of a pc port. This is a game that needs 60 fps. I could only wish...

Aaaahhh, yes, the port-beg that is immediately followed by the sour grapes.

This looked astounding. They actually revealed it with compelling, interesting gameplay that got the imagination running. Just a fantastic job all around, and hearing the pedigree of the people that GG is adding for this project only reinforces it.

Hey GAF!

Outstanding reveal!

Game of the Show easily.
We knew they were making a game with robot dinosaurs and Norse looking badasses and despite my imagination running wild for months and months they completely eclipsed my wildest dreams.

Amazing stuff

hawk2025

Game of the Show easily.
We knew they were making a game with robot dinosaurs and Norse looking badasses and despite my imagination running wild for months and months they completely eclipsed my wildest dreams.

Amazing stuff

That's the killer here -- we all looked at the concept art and thought, hey, that's what they are aiming for. Let's see what the game is actually like.

THAT'S WHAT IT'S LIKE.

demolitio

Game of the Show easily.

Amazing stuff

Yup. I was excited just because I knew it'd look amazing and I like the premise, but I was actually a little worried about dino-bots since it's not exactly an easy thing to pull off. Now I can say they surpassed all expectations and this is coming from a KZ fan.

I love the premise of the story kind of last of us in 1000 years vibe. Dinosaurs and robots are awesome, Dinorobots are even better! May the year of dinosaur reign strong!

acklame

Hey GAF!

Game looks incredible, congrats!

Are we going to get more info from this E3?

Top Bottom